++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-06-2003, 12:02 PM   #46
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Redeemer
Now, I'm still trying to work through my life, failure that I am. I don't even know what I'm gonna do when I graduate, and I'm a junior already!! I know one thing--i can't go to college, b/c I can't even pass English in high school. So I guess I'll be another welfare recipient, living in the projects with about 20 kids. What a life I'm gonna have.
Sid, you've made it this far. Don't be so hard on yourself. You didn't dig yourself out of your sadness just to face a bleak future. You can do anything you put your mind to. I think you've proven that! Don't give up on yourself, because we're not giving up on you.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-06-2003, 12:07 PM   #47
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Wow, thanx, Teri, that's really inspiring . I don't even know what to say!!!!
Old 02-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #48
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Say you'll get rid of that defeatist attitude and look to the future!! Your future is so bright, you gotta wear shades.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-06-2003, 12:21 PM   #49
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Sid, you've made it this far. Don't be so hard on yourself. You didn't dig yourself out of your sadness just to face a bleak future. You can do anything you put your mind to. I think you've proven that! Don't give up on yourself, because we're not giving up on you.

You're so right, Teri. Please give yourself time to adjust and grow, Redeemer. It sounds to me like you're doing a wonderful job and you're still young. To me you're not a failure, give yourself some credit for what you've overcome and realize that you're a strong person to overcome what you have.

I've gone through my share of "growing pains" myself and I was really hard on myself. As I've gotten older I've learned to love and accepted myself more and I know you will too. Hang in there because Teri's right, we're not giving up on you. Keep listening to the music too because I know Creed's music has helped me through a lot of things too.

Relearn Love
Old 02-06-2003, 12:24 PM   #50
souldancer
USER INFO »
What a wonderful thread - truth and feelings rule all the way!
Hockeymom...thank you for that inspirational story and I hope your son is doing OK - on most days. It's a rough age - and most adults don't acknowledge that or prepare for any rites of passage for all that confusion. Some days I feel the pain of adolsecence...I crank up "I'm 18" and "Illusion"

Redeemer, Teri's words and genuine care will keep you strong.
Thanks so much for your sharing. You DO have a community here that cares - please remember that. Don't pressure yourself - you will find your way. Try to stay balanced, as much as possible with connecting with the hurt and pain to feel and release it, but opening up to all the good that is waiting there to unfold for you! You're in touch, wise and have the music and fans that will feed your soul. Hang tight and rock on!
Old 02-06-2003, 12:48 PM   #51
Lucy
USER INFO »
hockeymom97 thanks a lot for sharing this with us...
It's wonderful how music can touch our lives and sometimes get them back...
You are a lucky mom and in your words I can read how much you love your son... well.. he's a lucky son...

Thanks again... and good luck!
Old 02-06-2003, 12:53 PM   #52
Lucy
USER INFO »
Redeemer.. thanks for sharing your story.. and no.. you're not a failure...
I know I haven't been here for a long time, but I feel close to you all.. and yeah.. i can feel such a friendship air in here!!!
So you have a lot of friends... and everyone I am sure could tell how Creed's music have changed them in some ways... so don't give up on yourself... I am sure you have a lot to give!

Old 02-06-2003, 03:04 PM   #53
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently:
What a beautiful thread you have going. Your sharing of these stories, and the responses are so touching. I would like to share something with you, a poem just for those that have posted on this thread.

The Kindness Of Strangers

moments of kindness received

live on in memories

waiting like a sleeping child

bestowing a soft smile of awakening

at a time and place of others needs

given freely with kind heart

the gift multiplys upon itself

living until the sunset of time

Whitebird

I have never before shared this poem with anyone.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:31 PM   #54
Lucy
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by whitebird
I would like to share something with you, a poem just for those that have posted on this thread.

Well.. whitebird... Thanks for sharing this poem with us...
Only a pure and sweet sould could write something like that...
Thanks a lot...
Old 02-06-2003, 04:49 PM   #55
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Quote: hockeymom97 thanks a lot for sharing this with us...

You are so very welcome. There was a lot of negativity going around the thread at the time I posted this and I wanted to be able to bring something positive back to the bb and to Creed.

Quote: I'm still trying to work through my life, failure that I am. I don't even know what I'm gonna do when I graduate, and I'm a junior already!! I know one thing--i can't go to college, b/c I can't even pass English in high school. So I guess I'll be another welfare recipient, living in the projects with about 20 kids. What a life I'm gonna have.

Redeemer, sound like you are going through the rites of the teenage years. It does get better. Stay positive and don't give up on yourself. Let Creed's music be your guide. They have really helped my son get through a lot. Every day is a struggle for him to stay sober and clean. He takes it 1 day at a time and always listens to a creed CD when he is really struggling. Everynight he goes over the days events and though it may have been the worst, he will find 1 positive that happened and dwell on that for the next day. Know that life will not change in a heartbeat, but you can make the difference. It will not be easy by no means, but you have all the support from us here and we will help you in any way we can.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:33 PM   #56
Sheila63
USER INFO »
There's so much caring and love here, it's making me cry. It really touches my heart the way everyone supports each other. It's wonderful!

Whitebird, I wanted to thank you for sharing your beautiful poem with us. I know other people have touched my life in what may seem to them to be a small gesture but to me it was a big thing and helps restore my faith in the human spirit.

Relearn Love
Old 02-06-2003, 08:56 PM   #57
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I just read Redeemer's posts, Oh my Gosh. I hadn't visited this thread in awhile and I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I don't even know where to begin, I have lots to say, but I can't find the words. There are so many people who feel they are here to manipulate and ruin lives, because they feel they have been wronged and a lot of them have, but it doesn't make you a failure and you are not wrong for what they did to you. You are totally awesome to be the person you are today and not resort to being like them. I think that your future holds something bright and you will make a difference in this world. Thanks for sharing it with us and let us know how you are.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:34 PM   #58
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Redeemer
You got it, Teri and Jen!! Thanx for the support. I know we're united in Creed!

Creed is so awesome, they have brought so much to my life and obviously yours!!! It is amazing how many cool people you can meet just through music. Yeah I do believe we are bonded in Creed, now how many bands can say that? They are simply awesome!!! I am glad to hear you are doing better, you can always count on us Creed family members to lift you up when you need it!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-06-2003, 09:47 PM   #59
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Holy crap, I haven't been to this thread in a while, and I'm about ready to cry. Redeemer, you are not a failure, in fact, you're just the opposite. You have overcome some hideous events in your life and you should be proud for recognizing your struggle and trying to do something about it. That alone is cause for celebration. What the others have said to help you I couldn't have said better myself. Never, ever give up. I can tell that you have a gentle soul and a kind heart and that you will make a difference in this world. You seem like a really caring, genuine person who has tons to offer. And you have all of us. This has to be one of the nicest bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure of hanging out with. The teen years are the toughest, for sure. It DOES get better. Life will always have its ups and downs, but if you learn to cope in a positive way, you will survive and thrive! You're already on your way!
Old 02-07-2003, 02:53 AM   #60
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by whitebird
How beautiful! Thank you for this gift from the heart!