++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-26-2004, 10:38 AM   #16
Moti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) thanks for all of this stuff i am passing it on!

I'm glad you found it helpful, here's another nice quote:

The Vulture is Cursing

Therefore we refuse to accept any controller of this universe, because as soon as we accept some controller, then we'll have to account for our sinful activities. As soon as there is a government, then we shall be responsible for our unlawful activities. But our position is that we want to continue our sinful activities. As such it is very good to deny any controller. That is the basic principle of godlessness. Why these rascals, they deny there is no God, God is dead? Because they want to continue their rascaldom without any restriction. That is the basic principle, they deny. But do you mean to say that denying the God, the God will die or God will..., there will be no God? No. There is a nice Bengali proverb, sakuni svape garu more na. Sakuni means the vulture. The vulture wants some dead carcass of animal, a cow especially. So for days together they do not get it, so it is cursing some cow, "You die." So does it mean that by his cursing the cow will die? Similarly, these vultures, sakuni, they want to see God is dead. At least, they take pleasure, "Oh, now God is dead. I can do anything nonsense I like." This is going on. Sakuni is cursing, the vulture is cursing the cow.
So this sort of knowledge will not do. One must know that there is a controller. That is the beginning of knowledge. Why should you deny? In every field of activity we find some controller. How can I deny that there is no controller of this creation?

[Srila Prabhupada Lecture from Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.9.12, Montreal, August 18, 1968]
Old 03-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #17
Moti
USER INFO »
Hypothesis - You cannot expect machine going on without operator

Prabhupada: Hypothesis. Hypothesis. Just like yesterday I was explaining that as soon as there is a machine, there is an operator. This is hypothesis. You cannot expect machine going on without operator. Similarly, this material nature is a machine and the operator is God. This is hypothesis. Even though you do not see God we can make this suggestion. That is human reasoning, logic. If any ordinary typewriter machine... This is a machine, but that requires operator. He is pushing this button; then it is working. It is not automatically working, any machine. So how this big machine is operating without any operator? What is this nonsense? They say, "There is no God. Nature, nature." What is the nature? Nature is a machine. Just like this body. This body is machine, and the operator is the soul, and the guide is the Supersoul. As soon as the soul goes away, then the machine does not work. This is common sense. But they have no common sense; therefore they are rascals, so-called scientists and others. They have no common sense.

* THE HARE KRISHNA SAINT TORTURED AND POISONED TO DEATH BY HIS JUDAS DISCIPLES

http://members.lycos.co.uk/prabhupad...p_poisoned.htm

* MATERIALISTIC SCIENTISTS EXPOSED BY THE HARE KRISHNA SAINT

http://members.lycos.co.uk/spexpose/

* WHAT IS KRISHNA CONCIOUSNESS?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/prabhupad...kc/what_kc.htm

* PRABHUPADA Your ever well wisher

http://members.lycos.co.uk/prabhupada1/
Old 03-26-2004, 12:55 PM   #18
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Ok, your post is waaaaayyyyy tooooo long and you have been asked now for the third time:
ARE YOU A CREED FAN???
If not, why are you here?

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "

Last edited by SCOTTSMYMAN : 03-26-2004 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:35 PM   #19
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
To long didnt read

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 03-28-2004, 12:56 AM   #20
Lechium
USER INFO »
I have a fovor to ask -- can someone summarize that long long double post s/he did, please?
Old 03-28-2004, 01:05 AM   #21
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
I think he was basically trying to say, using amusing stories and quotes from his well reputed eastern counterparts, that dispite convincing, scientifically-slanted arguments, God exists...

But I didnt read it all.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-28-2004, 11:15 AM   #22
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I think he was basically trying to say, using amusing stories and quotes from his well reputed eastern counterparts, that dispite convincing, scientifically-slanted arguments, God exists...

But I didnt read it all.
well that clears it up for me , sincirr, but i dont really to get in to that deep to know that HE IS GOD, But I Admire this Guy, because it takes all kind of people to witnness about God On diffrent Lanugae Levels, I myself Have Ran into that some probleam, LOL, But has far as my self i know what hes coming from i just dont know understand a words he says, because i got to set here like a dunce and sound out most of his words, HaHaha Rock On Monti
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-28-2004, 02:48 PM   #23
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) I have a fovor to ask -- can someone summarize that long long double post s/he did, please?

Ya no kiddin
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 03-30-2004, 03:16 PM   #24
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Never did answer whether of not he was Creed fan did s/he???????

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 04-05-2004, 08:39 PM   #25
Lechium
USER INFO »
well religious zealot... gotta be creed fan, right?