++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-09-2005, 02:40 PM   #121
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) because it was a joke...and it was perfect timing for it...everyone was getting all heated up and it fit.

I gotta admit, I did laugh when I read that...although it may have been a bit out of place here.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) He WAS a great singer once. His voice isn't nearly as strong and soulful as it used to be. Listen to bootlegs from 98 and then from 2002. Huge difference for a number of reasons.

Definitely agree. I have listened to some bootlegs from '98 and '99, and he sounded fantastic. I mean, his voice was exactly the same as on the album. You really couldn't tell a difference. Now, comparing that to the live stuff I've heard post-Human Clay, his voice has definitely changed....and not in a positive way. His voice cracks at times, and he doesn't seem able to replicate what is heard on the album live. Hopefully he can regain the kind of range he had back in '98/'99.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-09-2005, 02:42 PM   #122
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Indeed, he had a lot of trouble just hitting the notes. On some of the boots I have, he's downright flat. I miss that range from the old days. It seemed effortless back then. He's still young enough to repair the damage, I think.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:48 PM   #123
titan9
USER INFO »
He is. It's unbelievable that he's still only 32. If guys like Cornell and Kennedy can sound great when they're approaching 40(or are over 40, in Cornell's case) then guys that are only in their early 30s can sound good again as well. Yes, a lot of damage was done during the Weathered tour. But Stapp still has the chance to reverse that damage. It'll be interesting to see if he does. I hope and pray that when I see Stapp live in concert(and hopefully that'll be next fall, lol) he'll sound as good as he did on the HC bootlegs.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:50 PM   #124
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Me, too!
Old 11-09-2005, 04:04 PM   #125
Creed7352
USER INFO »
he'll need vocal coaches and such to help reverse that damage though...i don't think he has any at the moment.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #126
titan9
USER INFO »
He should get some coaches then. I know if I were in his position, I'd put my pride aside and get some vocal help in the hopes of getting back to my prime.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #127
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) He should get some coaches then. I know if I were in his position, I'd put my pride aside and get some vocal help in the hopes of getting back to my prime.
I doubt he will... unless his album sales flunks dramatically...
Old 11-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #128
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) he'll need vocal coaches and such to help reverse that damage though...i don't think he has any at the moment.
Yup, he needs one for sure. Hell, even James Hetfield's done the voice-coach thing. It works.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #129
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) *sigh* Why do you waste your breath in here, Uncertain?

If anything I waste my fingers. lol

Quote: You know that in a Stapp forum, you're going to run into those who obviously disagree with your sentiment that Stapp is an awful singer.

True. I then vocie my disagreement.

Quote: Bashing a singer in his own forum, imo, isn't right.

Bashing? I don't call what I did bashing, any more than saying Mark Tremonti is a terrible songwriter in the AB forum. Which I have done, time and again.

Quote: Like I've said time and time again, I don't have a problem with it if it is done in another forum(like the AB forum). But when it is done in here, it crosses the line.

Sorry if I offended.

Quote: You don't like it when people barge into the AB forum and bash Myles, do you?

If they have a reasonable argument I don't mind.

Quote: So why do you expect people to like it when you(or another anti-Stapp person) come into here and bash Stapp.

Did I say I expected that?

Quote: It's like me going over to Ye Ole Usher forum and posting a message saying how much he sucks(and he does). It does no good.

No but it might help you vent a bit ;-)
Old 11-09-2005, 08:39 PM   #130
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I doubt he will... unless his album sales flunks dramatically...
his cd will be huge.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:13 PM   #131
titan9
USER INFO »
I think his CD has the potential to be huge, but only if a few things happen: he gets good radio/tv play; he gets good promotion from wind-up; he gets enough favorable reviews. I've predicted him to sell 200,000-400,000 in the first week, and I stick by that. But I realize a few things will need to fall in place in order for that to happen.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #132
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) No man, I think that was the doctors and Stapp's decision. Don't blame Hanson or AB for what the doctor did or Stapp hitting the wall or his mistakes or whatever. The man always had a decision. He could have canceled the tour. In the end you can't blame in on anyone but yourself. If you create your own prison - you are the only one who can get out it!

I've read interviews where Tremonti stated how disappointed he was when they had to cancel shows. I'm saying Hanson knew as well as the other members of Creed what was going on. They just wanted that tour to go on as long as it possibly could, so they could keep that money rolling in. Didn't matter that it might possibly end Stapp's career. The fact that Stapp did like he was told, by whoever's job it was to tell him what to do, only to have his bandmates stab him in the back after the band broke up, speaks volumes to me about what kind of people they are. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm sure you won't agree.

I hope Mark Tremonti never breaks a finger or anything that would affect his ability to play. He might find out what its like to have people you thought of like your family turn on him.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:52 PM   #133
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) his cd will be huge.

it leaked too soon.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:03 PM   #134
titan9
USER INFO »
I don't think the fact that it leaked so soon will make much of a difference. I mean, most of the people who have gotten a hold of it so far are going to buy it anyway because most of them are Stapp fans. If someone likes an album, chances are they will buy it. I think the leak could help more than it harms. What'll make or break the CD's success is the promotion, imo. If he gets good promotion, good airplay and makes some appearances(on various morning/late night shows) then it'll sell well.

Old 11-10-2005, 04:40 AM   #135
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
if the album sucks its a problem for any band, but if its good people will pick it up! and its really good so I think Its going to sell well, also a great time to drop the cd during christmas season!