++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 12-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #16
guitardude1985
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yea, sometimes geddeys voice does get a little grating being as high pitched but he's one hell of a bassist.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:05 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by guitardude1985) Yea, sometimes geddeys voice does get a little grating being as high pitched but he's one hell of a bassist.
Agreed. The music part is great. I just can't stand his voice
Old 12-11-2005, 06:19 PM   #18
guitardude1985
USER INFO »
All three member of rush are extremely talented. They play like a 5 peice band. Neil pert is one of the best drummers on the planet besides mike portnoy of dream theater. Alex lifeson is a killer guitarist aswell. The only slight problem is that I only have moving pictures, but nothing else. Can anybody give me some other rush recomendations?
Old 12-11-2005, 07:08 PM   #19
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
I'm a Huge Dream theater Fan... If You'll Use the Search function on the site you'll see there are already a few Dream Theater Threads in here...

But Anyways... Best DT album has to Be AWAKE I mean Come ON!! "LIE" you just can't Beat that Song... Has Probably the greatest Solo Break IMO in it!!
"Space-Dye Vest" Love the Piano!!
"6:00" !!!!!

Ahh LOVE THAT ALBUM... The Guitars On That Album Are BEYOND SICK!!!!!! Probably Petrucci's Greatest Display Of Virtuosity!!!

Anyways... Love All Their Stuff... I'm Constantly Watchin the Double Feature DVD (Live In Tokyo/5 Years in a LIVE time) and Budokan Kicks Ass Also! (need to get me some more of their Dvds!!!)

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #20
guitardude1985
USER INFO »
Within DT's 8 album catalog, it's a throw up between images and works, metropolis pt2, and six dregrees.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #21
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Lol... Have You even Heard Awake?

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #22
guitardude1985
USER INFO »
Oh yea, I've have awake, I have all 8 albums and the change in seasons Ep. I like awake don't get me wrong, but in some parts of the CD it just does not seem to flow for me. I guess sometime I have to listen to an album many times to find a groove. Altough 6:00, caught in a web and innocence fades kick.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:42 AM   #23
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by guitardude1985) All three member of rush are extremely talented. They play like a 5 peice band. Neil pert is one of the best drummers on the planet besides mike portnoy of dream theater. Alex lifeson is a killer guitarist aswell. The only slight problem is that I only have moving pictures, but nothing else. Can anybody give me some other rush recomendations?

hmmm...let's see...if you liked Moving Pictures, I would go with Hold Your Fire, Roll The Bones, or Presto...

Quote: But Anyways... Best DT album has to Be AWAKE I mean Come ON!! "LIE" you just can't Beat that Song... Has Probably the greatest Solo Break IMO in it!!

I LOVE how "The Mirror" goes right into "Lie"...basically, I love it when that happens on ANY album, when one track leads right into another...that's a great album...as for my favorite album, that will probably always be Images And Words because that was the album that got me into them, but, again, I LOVE Awake...that was one of my favorite albums of 1994, I believe, along with Superunknown and Astro Creep 2000...