++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-10-2008, 06:07 AM   #1951
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

January 10th

"The peace of the Lord."

In the face of the storms of life, we need the confidence that our Lord will be with us and that He will grant us peace. The peace of the Lord is the strongest force on earth, and those who find their peace in the Lord need never fear. Look deep inside and dwell with the Spirit of God in your heart. There you will find the calm that no storm can disturb.

Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still.

Psalm 4:4

Heaven

Old 01-11-2008, 06:06 AM   #1952
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 11th

"Morning prayer."

God gives us special times in order that we might find joy and that we might find Him. He has created a glorious world, and He has freely given it to us. The early quiet of the day is a beautiful time to encounter the Lord. Give Him your early hours, and He will give you all the blessings you can hold.

My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

Psalm 5:3

Heaven

Old 01-12-2008, 06:12 AM   #1953
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 12th

"God gives us the reason to say no."

In those areas of our life where we are too weak to say no to our friends, we can learn to say no because we know that God wants us to. So many people would lead us from path of God, many of them unintentionally. Ask the Lord for guidance. In the face of our strongest temptations, God will give us the strength and the reason to resist.

Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.

Psalm 5:8

Heaven

Old 01-13-2008, 08:35 AM   #1954
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) January 12th

"God gives us the reason to say no."

In those areas of our life where we are too weak to say no to our friends, we can learn to say no because we know that God wants us to. So many people would lead us from path of God, many of them unintentionally. Ask the Lord for guidance. In the face of our strongest temptations, God will give us the strength and the reason to resist.

Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.

Psalm 5:8

Heaven

GLORY TO GOD, brother david AMEN your post on that topic reminded me of high school and young christians and the stuff that they gotta put up with in school, but its the same really WE THAT our Grown In Christ WE GET THE BIG BOYSGLORY TO GOD AND THANK YOU JESUS For Showing THEME time And Time Again That They Have No Ground, FOR HE THAT DWELLETH IN ME IS HE WHICH OVER CAME THE WORLD,
Old 01-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #1955
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) GLORY TO GOD, brother david AMEN your post on that topic reminded me of high school and young christians and the stuff that they gotta put up with in school, but its the same really WE THAT our Grown In Christ WE GET THE BIG BOYSGLORY TO GOD AND THANK YOU JESUS For Showing THEME time And Time Again That They Have No Ground, FOR HE THAT DWELLETH IN ME IS HE WHICH OVER CAME THE WORLD,

Indeed Sis!!! Young and old a like, it happens all of the time...

Heaven

Old 01-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #1956
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 13th

"Be reconciled to God."

The price has been paid. The ransom is provided. God's judgment was averted, not because of anything we did to appease him, but by his own sacrifice of Jesus for our sins. If God has gone to such great lengths to reconcile us to himself and adopt us into his family, how can we refuse? We must not! Father God, we offer you our hearts!

God has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:19-20

Heaven

Old 01-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #1957
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) January 13th

"Be reconciled to God."

The price has been paid. The ransom is provided. God's judgment was averted, not because of anything we did to appease him, but by his own sacrifice of Jesus for our sins. If God has gone to such great lengths to reconcile us to himself and adopt us into his family, how can we refuse? We must not! Father God, we offer you our hearts!

God has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:19-20

Heaven

GLORY TO GOD 2 COR, 6 why stop at 5 GLORYYYYYYYY A SUFFERING MINSTRY great precepts in those 2 chapters verse 4 BUT In All Things Approving Ourselves As the Ministers Of God, IN MUCH PATIENTS IN AFFLICTIONS IN NECESSITES IN DISTRESS IN STRPIES AND IN PRISONMENTS IN TUMLUTS IN LABOURS IN WHATCHING AND FASTINGS, GLORY, COME HELL OR HIGH WATER THAT ARMOUR THAT ROCK is going bring you down, GLORY TO GOD,
Old 01-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #1958
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou)

Indeed Sis!!! Young and old a like, it happens all of the time...

Heaven

GLORY TO GOD brother all the time and there is more than one temptation there is debating spirts a lot of that going out right now there is the good old fashoin run in with the destroyer there is a lot stuff that will be in your face daily BUT WE MAKE NO BARGIANS WE DONT DEBATE AND WE SURLEY NEVER BAIL TO NEW TRICKS OF AN OLD DOG, GLORY TO GOD WE EXALT THEE WE BOW TO THE ONE HE HOLDS TO KEY LIFE AND DEATH, AND WE REMIND OF,EM THEIR FUTURE HE IS THE SAME TODAY AS YESTERDAY ALWAYS AND FOREVER, AND JUST THE ALMIGHT POWER OF JUST HIS NAME CAN CAST THEME INTO CONFUSES OR GO BANG THEIR HEAD AGAINST A WALL HE PREVAILS ALWAYS ALWAYS!!! HE HAS PREVAILED BEFORE THE WICKED HAVE TIME TO THINK HE PREVAILS,
Old 01-14-2008, 06:10 AM   #1959
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 14th

"Hopelessly deficient."

The closer we get to God, the more glaring are our faults. The brighter the light of perfection that we subject ourselves to, the more flaws are revealed. The better we understand the awesome magnificence of God, the more we expose our own imperfection. As the great men and women of the Bible came to realize, the stronger we become in the faith, the more wretched we sometimes fee.

This, however, is no cause for despair. Our Lord wants nothing more than for us to come to depend on Him. We can only truly become dependent as we acknowledge our inadequacies. As the Apostle Paul found out, true strength comes from admitting our weakness, and total healing comes by realizing that without God we are sickly and terminally diseased by sin. Cry out for the mercy of God and He will strengthen you; ask for His healing and you will be made whole.

Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak; O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed.

Psalm 6:2

Heaven

Old 01-15-2008, 06:14 AM   #1960
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 15th

"Reflect the brightest light!"

There are an awful lot of people in this world who will not understand our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. They will ridicule us, persecute us, and turn us aside. That does not justify us hiding our faith. We are to shine as a light in this world. If we are proud of our faith, we will find that God will give us special strength to stand up in the face of ridicule. As Scripture says, if we will be proud of the Father, He will be proud of us. If we are ashamed of Him, however, then Christ will also be ashamed of us.

O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me.

Psalm 7:1

Heaven

Old 01-16-2008, 06:11 AM   #1961
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 16th

"We get to keep the change!"

If we are honest with ourselves, we have to admit that it's a very scary thought that God might actually judge us according to our measure of righteousness and integrity. Under the careful scrutiny of the Lord, all our blemishes surface and we are exposed for what we really are; sinners... Praise God that the cleaning is available to us through the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ. By the forgiveness of sin offered through the cross and resurrection of Christ, we are made clean and pure and able to pass the scrutinous eye of God. Christ's righteousness becomes the righteousness of all who believe in Him and turn their hearts over to Him. Jesus paid the price!; the penalty that would have come to us. We get to keep the change!; the promise of love and forgiveness to those who repent of their sins and follow in the ways of the Lord.

The Lord shall judge the people: judge me, O Lord; according to my righteousness , and according to mine integrity that is in me.

Psalm 7:8

Heaven

Old 01-17-2008, 06:28 AM   #1962
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 17th

"Willing children, not worthy men."

A devout man refused to enter into a church because he said that he was not worthy to read on holy ground. Whenever he saw a cross, he burst into tears and turned his eyes away. He humbled himself whenever he could, and he lamented that he would never be good enough to hope for salvation.

One day, a traveling minister entered the hometown of the man. He saw the devout man sitting on the stones outside the church building, and so he stopped to talk. When he found out the man'' thoughts, he told him, "God is not looking for worthy men, but willing children. He doesn't want to be surrounded by people trying to impress Him with how much they can love Him. He merely wants people who will receive the great love He has to give. You are wise in saying you will never be worthy, but do not be foolish in not realizing that you are loved."

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man that thou art mindful of him, and the son of man that thou visitest him?

Psalm 8:3,4

Heaven

Old 01-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #1963
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) January 17th

"Willing children, not worthy men."

A devout man refused to enter into a church because he said that he was not worthy to read on holy ground. Whenever he saw a cross, he burst into tears and turned his eyes away. He humbled himself whenever he could, and he lamented that he would never be good enough to hope for salvation.

One day, a traveling minister entered the hometown of the man. He saw the devout man sitting on the stones outside the church building, and so he stopped to talk. When he found out the man'' thoughts, he told him, "God is not looking for worthy men, but willing children. He doesn't want to be surrounded by people trying to impress Him with how much they can love Him. He merely wants people who will receive the great love He has to give. You are wise in saying you will never be worthy, but do not be foolish in not realizing that you are loved."

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man that thou art mindful of him, and the son of man that thou visitest him?

Psalm 8:3,4

Heaven

GLORY TO GOD, Brother, well spoken,
Old 01-18-2008, 06:33 AM   #1964
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 18th

"Temptation."

We've all been there. Satan's silver bullet designed just for our heart. "No one will ever know, besides it won't hurt anybody!" some mysterious voice sounding like our own whispers inside our head. Even if those two statements were true, and they never really are, it would matter because something inside of us caved in to what we knew was wrong. One line of defense is to simply remind ourselves we are not alone in this temptation... Others have faced it and conquered it, so we can too, by God's help and the power of his Holy Spirit.

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

1 Corinthians 10:13

Heaven

Old 01-19-2008, 06:45 AM   #1965
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 19th

"A David Psalm."

To be truly in love with God is a consuming passion. The spirit of God enters in, and our lives are never the same again. Praise the Lord with your whole heart, and show forth all His wonderful works. I'm whistling, laughing, and jumping for joy, and I'm singing your song God!

I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.

Psalm 9:1

Heaven