++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-30-2004, 05:08 PM   #1
bobben
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Funny video!

LOOOOK!!!! I found a very funny video that you just have to see!!!
It's a video from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart made by Rob Corddry. The case is the lawsuit against Creed in december. The incredible thing is that the guys that sued Creed is interviewed!!!! And they also interview a guy from a coverband who looks just like Scott Stapp 10 years from now! But it so much more and its really funny!

http://comedycentral.com/mp/play.php...cord_7143.html

I think you need Real Player to play it...
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Last edited by bobben : 04-30-2004 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:44 PM   #2
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for posting that. I especially like the video caption: "no one rocks Jesus more than Creed." That's freggin' awesome.

My favorite part was when he was talking to the three girls and the one said "I think you suck. And Creed probably thinks you suck too." and he said "Hey, I'm not the one suing Creed. It's those other middle-aged guys who are." That was funny.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 04-30-2004, 05:54 PM   #3
bobben
USER INFO »
That was really good, but I liked the Scott Stapp-lookalike! His voice is very simmular to Scott's when he talks! hehehe.... And the guy standing next to him is supposed to be Mark! So good! ..
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 05-01-2004, 10:50 PM   #4
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I've seen this before. It is really funny!
Old 05-01-2004, 10:57 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
OMG!!!! That's fricking hillarious!!! Thanks! It was the first time I saw it!
Old 05-01-2004, 11:22 PM   #6
Jez
USER INFO »
Those two guys are from a Creed coverband

Creed~~Bullets
Old 05-02-2004, 12:18 AM   #7
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Jon Stewart is pretty retarded. It wasn't very funny (I've already seen it before) but I did find the "have you been here the whole time?" part hilarious. It reminds me of how Mark Tremonti was hidden in Scott's shadow when Creed was together. It only furthered my support for Mark's band.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:54 AM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »
are you kidding? jon stewart's hilarious, and rob cordry's one of his hilarious "field reporters"... great stuff! loved it when he said "for years people have been complaining about Creed sucking, but you guys decided to do something about Creed sucking"... completely caught them off guard! also, "guy who looks like scott stapp... ten years from now" and "your ability to be scott stapp-like depends on scott stapp being scott stapp-like, so when he's not scott stapp-like, where does that leave you?" !

Old 05-02-2004, 01:37 PM   #9
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) It reminds me of how Mark Tremonti was hidden in Scott's shadow when Creed was together. It only furthered my support for Mark's band.

Shut up. You don't know what you're talking.

Mark is low-profile. He doesn't care if he's not in the spotlight. Actually, he rather stay out of it.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:13 PM   #10
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Shut up. You don't know what you're talking.

Mark is low-profile. He doesn't care if he's not in the spotlight. Actually, he rather stay out of it.

There was no point of him getting attention if he had Scott Stapp as a frontman. Does this include Flip and even Brian? Last I remember, when someone besides Scott Stapp was in the limelight, he got kicked from the band.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:27 PM   #11
sdarr
USER INFO »
Stapp or Myles

I've seen some of the comparisons and things said about both singer and I have this to reply. Sombody did bring up a good point earlier about not being able to trully judge thier singing style's from different band or projects such as MF4. This is a good point but only makes it more scary for Stapp fans because Myles has gotten better and better with each album. The differance between Fall out and Second skin are pretty huge to any trained vocalist. I'm not going to down Scotty because his raw passion and meaningful lyrics will forever have his signature on, in my oppinon, some of rocks greatest songs ever written. His ability to get positive messages out into the mainstream, without getting pigeon holed in "christian" music was espeacially amazing. Nobody can take that away from him. However I think that "Creed" fans will be more than a little surprised at what Myles can do.

As mentioned earlier, he has gotten better at ever aspect of his singing inbetween albums. I can't even imagine at where he's at now. The one thing that does separate Myles from Scott is his ego or lack there off. Myles is very down to earth, and obviously Mark is extremely talented. With these two working together and recipricating insight back and forth will only make the both of them that much better. Without hearing one note I'll be freaken amazed if those two are even capable of writing something bad. It's also been about 2-3 years since Second Skin and it's hard to fathom how good Myles is by now. For all of you baritone fans, listen to the begining of "Carry on" from thier second skin album, he could grumble those lows.

I hate to sound bias but when I heard the tragic news that Myles might not be able to sing cause of his tennitus I was destroyed. The fact that he's been able to fight that battle and now I hear of this oppourtunity I trully see it to be gods gift to everyone. In case you guys didn't know Myles is quite religious, listen to some of his lyrics, another great quality of the guy.

Now that I'm getting all wierd and this post is 8 pages long I think I've said enough.

I'm just saying that I think the devoting "Creed" fans will have a hard time fighting, when they hear him, thier love and enthusiasm for Myles.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:39 PM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
well, it took me only one song to like Myles. I'm not comparing him to Stapp. Myles is awesome. Period.

Stapp is awesome. Period.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:51 PM   #13
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sdarr) I've seen some of the comparisons and things said about both singer and I have this to reply. Sombody did bring up a good point earlier about not being able to trully judge thier singing style's from different band or projects such as MF4. This is a good point but only makes it more scary for Stapp fans because Myles has gotten better and better with each album. The differance between Fall out and Second skin are pretty huge to any trained vocalist. I'm not going to down Scotty because his raw passion and meaningful lyrics will forever have his signature on, in my oppinon, some of rocks greatest songs ever written. His ability to get positive messages out into the mainstream, without getting pigeon holed in "christian" music was espeacially amazing. Nobody can take that away from him. However I think that "Creed" fans will be more than a little surprised at what Myles can do.

As mentioned earlier, he has gotten better at ever aspect of his singing inbetween albums. I can't even imagine at where he's at now. The one thing that does separate Myles from Scott is his ego or lack there off. Myles is very down to earth, and obviously Mark is extremely talented. With these two working together and recipricating insight back and forth will only make the both of them that much better. Without hearing one note I'll be freaken amazed if those two are even capable of writing something bad. It's also been about 2-3 years since Second Skin and it's hard to fathom how good Myles is by now. For all of you baritone fans, listen to the begining of "Carry on" from thier second skin album, he could grumble those lows.

I hate to sound bias but when I heard the tragic news that Myles might not be able to sing cause of his tennitus I was destroyed. The fact that he's been able to fight that battle and now I hear of this oppourtunity I trully see it to be gods gift to everyone. In case you guys didn't know Myles is quite religious, listen to some of his lyrics, another great quality of the guy.

Now that I'm getting all wierd and this post is 8 pages long I think I've said enough.

I'm just saying that I think the devoting "Creed" fans will have a hard time fighting, when they hear him, thier love and enthusiasm for Myles.

I don't think we have to worry about there being religious lyrics on Alter Bridge's album since Mark wrote all the lyrics.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:52 PM   #14
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
what's wrong with religious lyrics?
Old 05-02-2004, 04:53 PM   #15
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) what's wrong with religious lyrics?

There isn't anything wrong with religious lyrics, but I'm sure Mark doesn't want to be labeled Christian anymore.