++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #31
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Alter Bridge Attacks

^ The thing is, you never know for sure who is telling the truth of the matter. Case in point the whole 311/Stapp thing. Remember how 311 immediately came out and said Stapp started the fight? Immediately, EVERYONE took 311's side. It seems 311 were not telling the whole truth as a security guy(who apparently saw it on tape) said Stapp was jumped and that 311 started it. Just an example at what I'm trying to get at.

As far as we know, there is no video footage of this supposed "fight" between Alter Bridge and Living Things. Basically, it is Alter Bridge's word versus Living Things' word. As far as we know, there is no concrete proof to support either Alter Bridge's or Living Things' side of the story. I guess it all comes down to which side you believe. I would like to think that Alter Bridge is telling the truth, but there is no proof that this is the case. For all we know, one of the guys from Alter Bridge DID go out there and beat up some dude.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Ana's "speculation" about Alter Bridge reacting with "violence"(attacking a dude) as nothing has been proven and there are no concrete "facts". There is only Alter Bridge's side of the story and Living Things'. We don't know for sure who is telling the truth and what exactly went down. All we can do is form opinions based on what we've heard.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge Alter Bridge fan and thoroughly support these guys. But, in this case, I'm trying to take the unbiased approach.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 06-20-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #32
Agent D
USER INFO »

It probably shouldn't have been reported at all. It's news about nothing.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:48 PM   #33
Creed7352
USER INFO »

actually, there's the fans...they saw it too and have all said no member of ab was in the fight.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:40 PM   #34
titan9
USER INFO »

I haven't read any first-hand accounts myself, so I have no idea what the fans have said. If what they're saying is true(and I believe it is), then that dude from the "opening band" is a lying, un-American jerk.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #35
J-Man
USER INFO »

OMG! Read the AB Letter. Geez, you want first hand accounts? GO TO ALTERBRIDGEBAND.NET and see for yourself.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #36
titan9
USER INFO »

I've read the AB letter(I read it before you even re-posted it). And ABB? Who's to say there's no bias there? I'm a member there and I have read things, so I do know what I'm talking about. Tell me, if this were Stapp, would you believe everything PBF'ers said? I'm willing to bet you wouldn't, which is a double standard, something I don't subscribe to. I take what is said with a grain of salt, be it from ABB or PBF. I do not take everything that is being said as the honest to God truth. Because who is to say what the truth is? Who is to say who is lying in this situation?

I do not appreciate the way you talked to Ana(a respected member), who was only voicing HER opinion, which is why I posted anything in the first place. It appears Ana and I think the same--we do not believe everything that is coming out about this whole thing. That doesn't make us non-fans of AB, nor does it make us idiots. It only means that, hey, we aren't going to believe everything that is coming out. That's our prerogative.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #37
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Yep, there are always two sides to every story. Exercising freedom of speech can lead to some pretty ugly comments sometimes, but that is a function of that right. There are better ways to stick up for an opinion than violence.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:06 PM   #38
titan9
USER INFO »

^ Agreed, which is what my whole point was.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:37 PM   #39
J-Man
USER INFO »

I see your point, but if you do further research, you will see that there were other accounts from audience members that stated the same things. AND you will also find that the "Opening Band" have done this rant from past shows.

You can't compare AB w/ Stapp - entirely different morals. Besides, why is it that Stapp's name always come up when it has nothing to do with him? He's old news. Ana was trying to say that the AB band members were involved, well they weren't, that is why I put the post up. I never called anyone an idiot nor did I say they are non-AB fans. That was YOU not me. And lastly, if I disagree or can provide some "evidence" to something - I CAN DO SO. I don't care who's been on here longer or posted more (just shows they have more time on their hands). If the person is misinformed - I AM ONLY TRYING TO ASSIST.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:03 PM   #40
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) (just shows they have more time on their hands).
It could be just good time management skills
Old 06-21-2006, 03:19 PM   #41
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) You can't compare AB w/ Stapp - entirely different morals.

Gotta love the judgment there, eh? Yeah, Stapp's done a bunch of ridiculous things, but I find it hilarious that people are so quick to convict Stapp and yet so ready to take what AB says as the absolute truth. All I'm saying is this is a double-standard, something I find quite funny. I personally take what both sides say with a grain of salt. Who knows who is telling the truth and who is not?

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) Besides, why is it that Stapp's name always come up when it has nothing to do with him? He's old news.

It was merely an example on my part of the double-standard thing.

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) Ana was trying to say that the AB band members were involved, well they weren't, that is why I put the post up.

If you looked closely enough at her posts, you'd see she was merely joking around with Chase. If you've seen the debates those two have had in the Politics forum, you'd get the joke.

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) I never called anyone an idiot nor did I say they are non-AB fans. That was YOU not me.

I felt like your post disrespected Ana. And I said so. I never called anyone an idiot, simply said that I felt like you were disrespecting those of us who don't take AB's side as the complete truth.

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) And lastly, if I disagree or can provide some "evidence" to something - I CAN DO SO. I don't care who's been on here longer or posted more (just shows they have more time on their hands). If the person is misinformed - I AM ONLY TRYING TO ASSIST.

There's a huge difference between being misinformed, posting an opinion and joking. Ana probably DID see that post from AB, considering it has a thread of its own here. I doubt you reposting that same post changed Ana's opinion at all. Secondly, how do we know that everything AB said is the truth? We don't, which was my point all along. I just love how people can take AB's word as the gospel, yet dismiss every single thing Stapp says as lies. I refuse to live by that double-standard--even if I am a huge fan of AB.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) It could be just good time management skills

Exactly. I've been here for a year and a half. I have nearly 2,000 posts not because I have a ton of time on my hands(which I don't because I am incredibly busy with my hectic life off the PC), but rather that I post when I see something that interests me. I can find a tiny bit of time in my day to make a few posts here and there.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:32 PM   #42
bilal
USER INFO »

^wow......

i wish AB or even its crew was not involved in any such things...they could have simply used theri share of stage time to protect their country's interest...but who cares.......i love AB music and thats enough for me...the world is full of idiots and i wont be surprised if one or 2 of them is in AB or in its crew....or in the opening band that night.....the worst we can do is to use music , the sould food (as brian's T-Shirt says in the MOP CD cover), mixed with poly-tics.....
Old 06-22-2006, 12:34 AM   #43
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2006/06/2005.cfm
Old 06-22-2006, 01:29 AM   #44
Creed7352
USER INFO »

no one is taking ab's word as gospel...i fucking hate the fact that every stapp lover/fan has to come out and say "oh it's a double standard this and a double standard that.." no, it really isn't. i listen to both sides and form my own opinions based on that, for both bands. sounds to me that some are taking the living things side of the story as the truth and not ab's. ab doesn't deny a fight, they deny that a band member was in the fight.

ab was backstage preparing for their set. how could they be in a fight? michael and more than one fan said no band members were in the fight. one of the fans was up on the balcony for the show so he had a better view than those in the pit and he said no band member was in the fight. mark plays guitar for 4-6 hours everyday, playing up until 5 minutes before going on stage for ab's set. so, mark wasn't the "unidentified" band member. myles warms his voice up before the set. wasn't him either. flip stretches his arms/forearms/plays on a practice pad to get his wrists loose. wasn't him. brian stretches his forearms as well. wasn't him. the band as a whole sits down to go over the setlist and they do their little pow wow type thing to get each other all pumped up before their set.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:00 AM   #45
RockGoddess
USER INFO »

The only thing I have to add: the first hand accounts were mostly from people who had never been to abband before. They just came to tell what they saw.

I could totally understand a healthy amount of skepticism if there were only LT's and AB's version of the events. But there seems to be a number of first hand accounts by people who have nothing to gain.

In the end, it's unfortunate that it had to take place at all.