++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 01-22-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
jbjfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
i need an opinion bad!!!!!

So, I’m talking to my doctor about my nervousness, I’m nervous. And he says, “I know what the problem might be. You drink so much coffee. It’s making you a little jittery.” And I said, “What?!” He said, “Coffee.” And I said, “Yes, thank you, I would love some.” So he said, “No. Just that could be the problem.”

And what’s so ironic about this whole thing is, we were talking about my nervousness due to coffee, over coffee. So I think he’s just trying to hook me, and put me in this vicious cycle of discussing my dependence of coffee over coffee thus, reinforcing the dependence and reinforcing his dependence on my money.

So I said, “Maybe we shouldn’t meet in Joe’s coffee shop anymore, and we should you know go to your office or something." And he says, “Well, that would be fine.” And and I said, “Well, do you have any coffee there?” And he says, “No, I don’t have any coffee there.” So I said, “Well, well with all the money I give you, you, you figure you could add a little cup of sanka in there even. You know patient comes in, you give him some decaf at least!"

do you think i have a caffine problem?

Ron White
Old 01-22-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Hmm ... I don't really know what to say on this one, I don't really consider drinking coffee to be a bad thing, mind you it is a type of drug. How many coffee's do you have a day?
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-22-2005, 11:23 PM   #3
jbjfan
USER INFO »
three in the morning, three during luch, four when i get home, one before i go to bed, one if i cant sleep, two if i know im not gonna fall asleep, then i do it all over again.

Ron White
Old 01-22-2005, 11:24 PM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Yeah if you're having 10 a day say then I think you have some sort of dependence issue. Can you go without it for a couple of days without it affecting your state of mind?

Oh the above post you just made confirms it......that is way too many.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-22-2005, 11:26 PM   #5
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Coffee is caffine
Caffine is an addictive drug
so is lactose (Milk/ cheese / shit like that)

I suggest you are WAY to dependent, if your not sure then just TRY to have ZERO coffee for an entire week, you wont last a day.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 01-22-2005, 11:31 PM   #6
jbjfan
USER INFO »
i can help it! i just cant go a day without the coffee!!!!!!! i need it! it is my master!!!!!!!!! its like when you eat one bite of chocolate, YOU CANT HAVE JUST ONE! you need another, and another, and another, and another! but chocolate is nothing if i dont have coffe do wash it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron White
Old 01-22-2005, 11:36 PM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
10 cups a day?????????? yeah, that's definitely a bad addiction. your doctor's right. you need to cut it out. maybe not right away, that could maybe you really fucked up (withdrawal). try cutting back slowly. 9 cups a day the first week, 8 cups the 2nd week, 7 cups the 3rd, so on a so forth. so, even though it would take roughly 2 1/2 months for you to quit, your body would definitely adjust better. and you should prolly see a therapist or something, b/c they've prolly got people that can help you quit bad habits and/or addictions

Old 01-22-2005, 11:38 PM   #8
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jbjfan) i can help it! i just cant go a day without the coffee!!!!!!! i need it! it is my master!!!!!!!!! its like when you eat one bite of chocolate, YOU CANT HAVE JUST ONE! you need another, and another, and another, and another! but chocolate is nothing if i dont have coffe do wash it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well you said it right it there.....its your master!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-22-2005, 11:41 PM   #9
jbjfan
USER INFO »
i dont have ten cups a day! i have 14, which i guess isnt any better, but i mean come on!! i need coffee! coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee! do the coffee dance! woo hoo! COFFEE!!!!!!!!!! im drunk on coffee!!!

Ron White
Old 01-22-2005, 11:50 PM   #10
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Although it is humorous now, an addiction to caffinee can become a serious health issue, caffinee is not good for you or your brain, and to much of it over a long perod of time can cause serious liver damage and brain problems

http://www.teeccino.com/Top10Reasons.aspx
Look em for yourself =)

http://www.teeccino.com/motivation.aspx

if you have troubles sleeping, the cause is most likely to much caffinee

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 01-22-2005, 11:54 PM   #11
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Jesus, 14 cups of coffee a day, that's way too much
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-23-2005, 12:01 AM   #12
jbjfan
USER INFO »
my docter knows nothing!!!!!!!! he is trying to get my money! if he wasnt he wouldnt have broughten me to a god damn coffee shop to fix my so called problem!

Ron White
Old 01-23-2005, 12:02 AM   #13
RMadd
USER INFO »
NO, you do NOT need coffee. it's prolly a huge drain on your paycheck, etc. at least try substituting decaf at first. seriously, get help. though you may think your doctor is draining your pockets, solving your problem now will save you a bunch of money in the long-run. try making a list of how much you spend on coffee in a single week (or in however long the period is for which you get paid... one or 2 weeks, usually). post that on your fridge, next to your stove, in your bedroom, next to your door, somewhere you can see it in your car.... anywhere, or all those places. and think about what you're doing everytime you want to buy coffee. i read in a book called Rational Recovery (it was for a Psych class in high school) that thinking about your problem every time you go to "abuse" it can help you train yourself to quit.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:03 AM   #14
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jbjfan) my docter knows nothing!!!!!!!! he is trying to get my money! if he wasnt he wouldnt have broughten me to a god damn coffee shop to fix my so called problem!
i think you're wrong there. he prolly took you there to make a point, perhaps to observe your behavior. but if you're convinced he's wrong, go see another one. get a second opinion.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:06 AM   #15
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by King X) Although it is humorous now, an addiction to caffinee can become a serious health issue, caffinee is not good for you or your brain, and to much of it over a long perod of time can cause serious liver damage and brain problems

if you have troubles sleeping, the cause is most likely to much caffinee
For once, I totally agree with X. You are completely right, man. For the longest time my parents wouldn't let me have caffeine, until I was about 16 or so. I just never handled it very well, it just isn't good for anyone. The problem is my fave drink is Mountain Dew, I drink too much of it...

But lay off the caffeine!!! Start slowly if you must.