++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-24-2006, 11:56 AM   #16
Justify
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp tour

I went to abb.net too. I found a couple of reviews. The reviews actually weren't as bad I would have though given Tremontana's remarks. Most said he sounded good. Most of the complaints centered around him playing Creed songs and how they didn't sound as good as they would if Creed was playing them. What more can you expect from hard core ab fans. I wouldn't expect the boys from GoneBlind to sound as good as Tremonti anyway. I do look forward to hearing Creed songs performed live again though by Scott. And of course they have to make fun of his drinking and how the concert was not full which has nothing to do with the actual performance (unless he was drinking or drunk while he performed). But for a review from abb.net I have to say I was shocked they would even say he sounded good.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:11 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »

In regards to concert not being full.......SO WHAT! Do you think all the AB shows have been sold out? No, they haven't. The one they played at a local venue, the Machine Shop, wasn't sold out. The point is, just because the shows aren't sold out(like the Creed shows were) that doesn't mean the artist is no good.

The fact is, both AB and Stapp are still trying to establish themselves and you just can't expect sold-out concerts off the bat.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-24-2006, 12:43 PM   #18
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) In regards to concert not being full.......SO WHAT! Do you think all the AB shows have been sold out? No, they haven't. The one they played at a local venue, the Machine Shop, wasn't sold out. The point is, just because the shows aren't sold out(like the Creed shows were) that doesn't mean the artist is no good.

The fact is, both AB and Stapp are still trying to establish themselves and you just can't expect sold-out concerts off the bat.

Couldn't have said it better. I'm sure all the AB concerts weren't sold out either. Like you said both groups are still establishing themselves. If the concert was good say it was good, if it was bad say it was bad. But leave the rest of the bias bullcrap at home.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:14 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Justify, I'll be very interested to hear what you have to say. Have a great time! I'm supposed to go Tuesday .
Old 02-24-2006, 02:14 PM   #20
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) I know the orlando gig was almost empty and guys outside the venue were giving away tickets for free to fill the venue. But i was seeing coming this for a long time.

Shame of him for singing so many Creed songs. That's his tour as a solo artist, not as Creed. I know for sure a lot of people that went to the Orlando gig were disapointed. I am not speculating....i know cause i have read some post of people on other boards.
it wasnt empty, you really need to get your facts straight! if you don't like him then why are you here?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:36 AM   #21
Trimontana
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) it wasnt empty, you really need to get your facts straight! if you don't like him then why are you here?

I am here cause i love this board first and i have friends here. Second, cause i was a Creed fan once and Stapp was the reason of the break up. I will post whenever i want as i do at the AB section. You do post as well at the AB section, so why should i stop posting here?. You don't like my post as i do with you...we are equal
Old 02-25-2006, 06:54 AM   #22
Creed7352
USER INFO »

all this shit about the reviews from the ab bb...i sort of resent it....since i'm a member there, you're including me when you lump the members there like that and what you have to say about them does not reflect me in any way.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:23 AM   #23
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) I am here cause i love this board first and i have friends here. Second, cause i was a Creed fan once and Stapp was the reason of the break up. I will post whenever i want as i do at the AB section. You do post as well at the AB section, so why should i stop posting here?. You don't like my post as i do with you...we are equal

I think that's slightly harsh. Even Mark has stated that they were going in different creative directions after Human Clay - their respective albums prove that.

Stapp's actions were merely the straw that broke the camel's back.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 02-25-2006, 10:34 AM   #24
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) all this shit about the reviews from the ab bb...i sort of resent it....since i'm a member there, you're including me when you lump the members there like that and what you have to say about them does not reflect me in any way.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, because that wasn't my intention at all. I, personally, was only speaking of the Stapp haters on ABB.net, not the ones(like you) who still are fans of Stapp's music. It would be wrong of me to say that everyone on ABB.net is a Stapp hater, just as it would be wrong for someone from ABB.net to say every PBF'er is an AB hater. It's just not true, seeing as how there still are fans of both out there....you being one of them and me being another.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-25-2006, 06:16 PM   #25
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Set List for Atlanta.......(not quite in order,but close)

1. Reach Out
2. Fight Song
3. Bullets
4. Hard Way
5. What If
6. One Last Breath
7. My Own Prison
8. The Great Divide
9. Let Me Go
10. Higher
11. Sublime
12. My Sacrifice
13. With Arms Wide Open
14. Surround Me
15. Justify

I hope I didn't miss any,...and I can't quite remember the exact order as played.
But what I do remeber is that last night's show in Atlanta.....was the BEST show I have ever been to...PERIOD! From the very first lick from the opening "Reach Out", Stapp was PUMPED,.. AND GAVE IT HIS ALL UNTIL THE VERY LAST SONG! I have NEVER seen him more "into" each song as he was last night. The man came to ROCK!!! He kept mentioning the "chill bumps" he was getting on his arms due to the crowds enthusiasm. WOW! what a great show! He was all over the place, head-bangin' and interacting with GoneBlind. "Justify was AWESOME and the perfect closer for the night!! Damn,..WHAT A GREAT SHOW!!!
I've been living a double life
Old 02-25-2006, 06:20 PM   #26
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) You right...i could care less about his unsuccessful tour hon.

you don't like him....we got it. Maybe you should stop wasting your time. And what a suprise,....you read neagative Stapp reviews at ABB.NET
I've been living a double life
Old 02-25-2006, 07:54 PM   #27
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

[quote=Trimontana]I am here cause i love this board first and i have friends here. Second, cause i was a Creed fan once and Stapp was the reason of the break up. I will post whenever i want as i do at the AB section. You do post as well at the AB section, so why should i stop posting here?. You don't like my post as i do with you...we are equal [/QUOTE
If there is a legitimate problem with your posts I think Steve will intervene. Since he hasn't, dare to post freely!

-Homer Simpson

Old 02-26-2006, 07:35 AM   #28
facelessmike
USER INFO »

I've heard a couple fairly neutral reviews and I have to say that my expectations for this tour are elevating. The question is can his voice hold up in the last show of this leg as it has the first few? Good to see that he's being fan friendly!

I will be glad to hear some Creed songs, but I'm not sure about MOP - that will be strange. Tremo is such a big part of that song. Who is singing the chorus, someone from goneblind?

Edit * will have to fight the little devil on my shoulder telling me to wear AB gear *

Last edited by facelessmike : 02-26-2006 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:33 AM   #29
AliceInChains
USER INFO »

Yes, FacelessMike, the chorus was sung by a member of the band. In lieu of his real name (I have no idea who he is), let's call him "The guitarist on our left/Scott's right." It wasn't Mark, of course, but it was more than adequate. I forgot to mention this also--Scott doesn't hold the "Ohhhhh" note underneath "So I held my head up high..." the entire way--he stops midway and takes a breath. It's probably not important but I did notice it, and it still sounded fantastic--even more bluesy, actually, because he injects a little improv in the middle of it by giving you another "And I said oh" about halfway through the chorus. Am I making any sense? Not likely. Let's just say it was quite cool!

"The question is can his voice hold up in the last show of this leg as it has the first few?"
Very good point--I was secretly glad to see the third show for fear of such a development; I hope the time off helps him! If not, there's always tea and honey (blech).

--Corgan
Old 02-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #30
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Bluesy you sure
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done