++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 07-02-2004, 05:35 PM   #1
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Love For Animals

Today I was greatly offended by a woman who said that if she were the owner of my dogs, she would get rid of them. Her problem? They shed.

Loving, giving people do not speak like this. Animals who share our lives deserve better than owners who consider them disposable. I hope she never gets a pet, she does not have kindness in her spirit.

So, I'm going to tell one of my animal stories, to make myself feel better, and I would love to hear your "Love For Animal" stories too.

One day, my neighbor thought it would be a good idea to get the mail out of the box by the street, with her bird riding on her shoulder. Suddenly, the little bird flew off into the woods. Loving this little creature, she was very upset. I know it was not a good idea for her to have allowed her bird outside like this, but she made a mistake in judgment. She begged me to help her find it. She didn't need to ask me, I would always help a friend, and animal in need.

Searching the woods, it really seemed hopeless, as she was a green bird, in green woods. We called, and called for her, but she would not respond. Many birds will call back, when you use their name, but there was total silence.

Having babysat this little bird when my neighbor was on vacation, and visiting with her when I was at their home, I knew her little habits.

Suddenly, I knew what I had to do. Leaving my neighbor in the woods, I ran home, opened the fridge, and pulled out two cans of pop.

Running back to the woods, I told my neighbor to be totally quiet. I popped the first can open, and we heard her call. Heading for the area, and again standing quietly, I popped the second can. She again answered the sound of the pop can, and we found her.

You see, her favorite treat is a sip of pop. Whether of not this little habit is the best thing to give her, it did save her life.

Today, she lives a happy and spoiled life.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:15 PM   #2
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
I hate it when people would do that to animals just because they shed. It's like saying, well, I'm going to get rid of my dog because he poops! It's natural, if you don't like what animals do naturally, don't get them!
That's a cute story about the bird, one time we couldn't find my cat simon, we looked around inside and out for probably an hour, and finally we heard him meow in a cabinet that we had the doors open on earlier. When they were open he must have climbed in sometime, and then later we shut the doors. We gave him lots of love when we found him.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 07-02-2004, 07:27 PM   #3
whitebird
USER INFO »
Creed Deafaultgirl, your cat sounds like a delightful little snoop. Your love and worry over his missing little self, shows me how much you care for him. I love your story, and it makes me feel better, thank you.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:15 PM   #4
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
That woman's a %^$(#! I love animals. I know Dan loves goats lol. I mean... hmmmm. I can't seem to remember why I was responding to this. Anyway, I wouldn't give up my pets for anything!

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 07-02-2004, 08:46 PM   #5
Leader of Men
USER INFO »
I would smack her across the face and tell my dog to bite her leg.

My dog once got stuck in our culvert and we had to get her out because it was the middle of the winter and it was all ice in there. We knew she must have been freezing so we tried to lure her out with bread (her favorite treat) and hope she wouldn't give up. Well, her paws just slipped on the ice and she was trapped. We didn't know what to do then, so my dad grabbed a towel and got it under her, this got her off the ice and he was able to pull her out. We brought her inside and wrapped her up so she could warm up and she hasn't gone back in the culvert since, thankfully.

Please sign up and make a man feel good
Old 07-02-2004, 08:49 PM   #6
whitebird
USER INFO »
Higher Desire, I respect your love for animals. I know too, that I would never give up my pets, they give me unconditional love. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:58 PM   #7
whitebird
USER INFO »
Leader Of Men, no biting or smacking on this thread.

Seriously, I had to train my little adopted dog not to bite, and it took a really long time till I could trust her around men and older boys. She had been abused.

That could have been quite dangerous for your dog in the cold of winter, I'm glad that you were able to save her. Yea, the favorite treat is a good start, it was just luck that it worked for me. It sounds like she learned from the experience, but protect your baby.

What's her name?
Old 07-02-2004, 09:05 PM   #8
Leader of Men
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Leader Of Men, no biting or smacking on this thread.

Seriously, I had to train my little adopted dog not to bite, and it took a really long time till I could trust her around men and older boys. She had been abused.

That could have been quite dangerous for your dog in the cold of winter, I'm glad that you were able to save her. Yea, the favorite treat is a good start, it was just luck that it worked for me. It sounds like she learned from the experience, but protect your baby.

What's her name?
Maggie

Please sign up and make a man feel good
Old 07-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #9
whitebird
USER INFO »
Maggie, I like that.

My abused little dog, who is now spoiled, and slightly chubby, and very much loved is Molly. My big moose black lab. is Nikki.

Higher Desire and Creed Defaultgirl, what are your animals names?

Last edited by whitebird : 07-02-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:25 PM   #10
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Man! What a with an itch!

I'd feel bad for any pets she gets
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-02-2004, 10:00 PM   #11
whitebird
USER INFO »
Hi Julie, Bee with an itch, I've never heard that one.

I know with the experience I have had, I shouldn't have been shocked by that woman, but she was refering to my beloved babies.

I do some volunteer work at the Humane Society in our area. This site had a woman enter their animal drop off area one day. She told the staff that she had redecorated her living room, and the cat no longer matched the sofa. As it shed, it showed on the new fabric.

She wanted to trade in her old cat, and get one of another color.

Wisely, the staff had her fill out all the release forms for her cat, and excepted the poor little baby into the drop off area. Once this was done, she was informed that she would not be considered an exceptable owner for the adoption of another cat, and was sent away. I'm not sure what the exact words were, used in this conversation, but I hope they let her have it verbally.

I also belong to another animal group in our area, and the horrors that I have learned, that occur in our society are not even printable on this site.

These stories will haunt my mind forever.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:04 PM   #12
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
OMG! Now that is outrageous Whitebird:wtf
Some people are just whacked out or something!

*Drugs*
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 07-02-2004, 10:27 PM   #13
Shadow
USER INFO »
What a nice story. Thank you for sharing that.

We have an Akita, her name is Kona. She is the best dog. She sheds like crazy - but she is part of the family and I love her to death.

When family and friends heard we were getting an Akita, we had gotten alot of criticism. Akita's have a reputation for not being that nice. But Kona is the BEST. She is so good with the kids. She is so docile. She's like a big teddy bear.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:30 PM   #14
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
My cat is a huge stinkin bratface, but if I didn't have him, I'd have no one to talk to anymorehere at home,lol! Now I just need to figure out a way to keep him from getting up on my kitchen counter! Hehehe!
alone
All I know
on my own

Last edited by JulieCitySlicker : 07-02-2004 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:46 PM   #15
whitebird
USER INFO »
Shadow, your Kona sounds wonderful. That is a beautiful breed, and I'm sure that you have raised her well, and lovingly. My own son had a big teddy bear too, our first lab passed away a few years ago, but we will never forget her, or her love for our son.

How wonderful that you have her, for your children.

Julie, I have heard that a kind way to train a cat not to get up on the counter tops, is to stick double face tape on the counters. As the cat jumps up and walks around, they don't like the feel of their little paws sticking to the tape, and will learn not to go up there.

Any other suggestions from other cat owners out there? Kind replys only please.