++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #16
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Re: Please say it aint so...

Good grief, you lot can be touchy. Was it always like this or am I courting adolescent delusions?

But I'm apparently the only one who didn't get the "so could the Bee Gees" post. They could do what?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #17
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Redeemer)
But I'm apparently the only one who didn't get the "so could the Bee Gees" post. They could do what?

Make a random comeback I guess.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #18
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Good grief, you lot can be touchy. Was it always like this or am I courting adolescent delusions?

I cant Recall What Brought The Bee Gees Up Except One Of my friends telling me they did,nt bring it up but now all i can see is John Travolta Walking Down the street with 2 paint buckets PEACE Ya,alls
Old 04-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #19
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

The Bee Gees were bought up in an attempt to ridicule Myles Kennedy's vocal range while defending Scott Stapp's enduring popularity. Klay Akin would have been a better comparison for mockery since the Bee Gees have a musical legacy that Creed, Alter Bridge or Scott Stapp have yet to achieve.

-Homer Simpson

Old 04-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #20
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Ah. Hm.

Well, at any rate... I still think comparing Kennedy and Stapp isn't going to get anyone anywhere. They're two good vocalists with completely different styles. In fact, I don't know why people compare musicians in general. It doesn't prove anything either way.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #21
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) The Bee Gees were bought up in an attempt to ridicule Myles Kennedy's vocal range while defending Scott Stapp's enduring popularity. Klay Akin would have been a better comparison for mockery since the Bee Gees have a musical legacy that Creed, Alter Bridge or Scott Stapp have yet to achieve.
now i recall that topic and conversation and any legacy could have been brought up but the Bee Gees Got Brought Up
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #22
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Ah. Hm.

Well, at any rate... I still think comparing Kennedy and Stapp isn't going to get anyone anywhere. They're two good vocalists with completely different styles. In fact, I don't know why people compare musicians in general. It doesn't prove anything either way.
Myles Is A Great Vocalist The One Thing You Cant Miss In Myles Is The Real HE Pumps Out He Lungs And Heart Like He Means It Stapp The Same Way But Comparing Theme Is A Pointless Issuie All Together PEACE
Old 04-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #23
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) now i recall that topic and conversation and any legacy could have been brought up but the Bee Gees Got Brought Up

It wasn't a legacy comparison. Myles vocal style was being ridiculed and a more appropriate comparison(for a laugh) would have been Clay Akin. I'd really like this Bee Gee thing to end so hopefuly your done trying to correct me.

-Homer Simpson

Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Ok, folks, let's just move on.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:46 AM   #25
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I still like Creed alot, but a reunion this soon doesn't really seem to matter. I'm not sure why. I'd be more excited about new Creed material and a new cd.

-Homer Simpson

Old 04-17-2009, 11:26 AM   #26
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Ok, folks, let's just move on.
yes i agree Dog see the effects disko has on people and im serious from a certian point of view i really need to get staying alive out of my head everytime this topic does countinue PEACE Ya,alls
Old 04-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #27
nagpo
USER INFO »

It's so SO!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #28
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Here is my take:
Creed is being forced by windup because windup still owns the creed name. notice how in the middle of alter bridge there is now a creed tour and new album that is being rushed to be put out before tour starts. I mean come on even a dumb mutherfuker can see that. Myles kennedy even said on his my space "they had to do this". for what? because windup is going sue every creed member for everything they got if they dont make the greedy record company more money! Ya maybe the guys patched shit up but deep down inside Mark is Alter Bridge. Full circle? come on that sounds like a half ass rushed title name. I smell record company all over this and ALTER BRIDGE WILL RISE AGAIN!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #29
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Wow. Just saw the 'official' press release, and it's just what I thought it would be...utter devastation on my part. From Myles' blog the whole thing does still sound kinda shady, so it may be Wind-Up turning the screws, but that doesn't make me feel any better about this, especially after seeing and reading all the interviews where Mark and Flip were so no-nonsense that a Creed reunion would never happen.

I thought Mark and Scott P bought their way out of Wind-Up? If that's the case the 'reunion by force' theory doesn't hold much water. I so hate to say it, but now I'm woundering how much I'm going to respect them, as Creed or AB, after this flip-flop...

...Yet I'm still holding out hope to somehow be proven wrong.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #30
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

^ I know just how you feel. I wonder how much I could appreciate new Creed music IF it was in fact made under duress. I'm just not as thrilled as I thought I would be.

-Homer Simpson