++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-19-2005, 04:20 AM   #1
UK_Bridge
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
AB/Creed

after being such a big Creed fan i was a bit worried when i heard mark setting up a new band and was dubious to whether they would just live in creeds shadow.

but i must say form the first moment i heard an AB song i have been hooked since and they just keep getting better and better.

do you think AB will eclipse Creed and will both their names be worthy in many years to come???
Old 01-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
I doubt Alter Bridge can eclipse the success of Creed, but that's not what this band is about. The guys are doing what they love and even if they've got a smaller group of fans, their the best fans in the world. That's all that matters!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) I doubt Alter Bridge can eclipse the success of Creed, but that's not what this band is about. The guys are doing what they love and even if they've got a smaller group of fans, their the best fans in the world. That's all that matters!!!
Well said.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 01-19-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
titan9
USER INFO »
Like Torndaredevil, I don't believe they'll be bigger than Creed. Creed was huge, and at their peak, the biggest Rock band in the world. Musically, I think Alter Bridge can be better than Creed.(we're talking instrument wise, Mark, Scott and Brian are Vets now) I was a big Creed fan, and it took me a little bit to warm up to Alter Bridge. But ever since I warmed up to it, I've been hooked. ODR is in my CD player alot.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-19-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
RMadd
USER INFO »
for once, Torn Daredevil is the voice of reason! woot woot!

Old 01-19-2005, 03:44 PM   #6
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
haha, lol
Old 01-19-2005, 03:48 PM   #7
UK_Bridge
USER INFO »
totally agree with all your posts. since i got the AB CD it has been in my car CD player ever since.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:14 PM   #8
joy division
USER INFO »
i too do not agree that AB will reach the popularity of Creed (who actually were nothing close to being the biggest band in the world. you have to be able to top the charts everywhere and sell out arenas everywhere! not just over there in the states!).

however, i feel that AB will achieve what Creed did not have. which is respect and integrity. popularity vs credibility. i guess its an individual choice of what each of us would rather have.

cheers
Old 01-19-2005, 04:44 PM   #9
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) I doubt Alter Bridge can eclipse the success of Creed, but that's not what this band is about. The guys are doing what they love and even if they've got a smaller group of fans, their the best fans in the world. That's all that matters!!!

yeah man.and we will here against all those that give to AB crap and bad vibrations. AB is not Creed and thats all AB is about...rock their asses off on stage and make us rock our brains off too. i love them and i will be supporting them til the end......cos THE END ISNT HERE
Old 01-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #10
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) yeah man.and we will here against all those that give to AB crap and bad vibrations. AB is not Creed and thats all AB is about...rock their asses off on stage and make us rock our brains off too. i love them and i will be supporting them til the end......cos THE END ISNT HERE
Not even close! It's only the beginning!!! (or enter own cliched statement here)
Old 01-20-2005, 11:19 AM   #11
UK_Bridge
USER INFO »
i think creed were a massive band across the world especially in USA to the people that had heard of them. but in the mainstream charts in the UK they were rarely heard of which was a real shame.

but AB being three quarters the make up of creed could put this right by marketing well in the UK and having a real good go at cracking the UK market which i believe they could easily do.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:54 PM   #12
titan9
USER INFO »
Creed, from 1999 to 2003, were definitely the biggest Rock band in the US. And I believe they were probably the biggest during that time in the World. Maybe not, though.

Creed DID have integrity and respect. However, the stupid media bashed them like crazy. And, apparently, it was cool to bash Creed.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-21-2005, 03:13 AM   #13
UK_Bridge
USER INFO »
i take it that was in the states titan?

i think they never recieved enough praise across the world in a time when rock music and grunge were not at its best in the ninties Creed came to the fore front and really stood out they sung what they believed in and werent manufactured like most acts today.