++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 11-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
France faces violence...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9891709/

France is facing an huge violence since those two teen died a few days ago... actions like attacking cars, burning schools ...seems to force french to realize that they have people who live apart from 'society'...and now these people are 'screaming'
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-06-2005, 12:51 AM   #2
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
its a sight i tell ya haaaaa its all good sweet heart they needed to let a little stress off
Old 11-06-2005, 02:54 AM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
yes RQ, let's advocate violent civil unrest, why don't we? believe it or not, there's better ways to go about making your grievances known than through rioting....

Old 11-06-2005, 04:53 AM   #4
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
This is a very unfortunate series of events. I wonder what they believe will be gained from this vandalism? Employment, who will be forced to create/provide jobs for them? Education, who will pay for it and and what if they don't meet basic standards for university/vocational training? Do they expect opportunity to be handed to them? If these immigrants are so unhappy in France why don't they go home? Should tantrums be rewarded? Perhaps they'll succeed in forcing the French government to fix their lives at the tax payers expence.

-Homer Simpson

Old 11-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #5
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Im too far from defending any kind of vandalism but right now I was reading the newspaper about this situation in France and there was an huge protest in 1983 made by the same people for the same reasons(rights/jobs/education etc...) and it means that in more than 20 years nothing changed ...

And the 'ironic' point is that France always was proud of its " LIBERTÉ, IGUALITÉ and FRATERNITÉ....
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 11-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #6
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) yes RQ, let's advocate violent civil unrest, why don't we? believe it or not, there's better ways to go about making your grievances known than through rioting....

What you don't hear; the truth...

My story...

The LA riots.

We were working in a section 8 housing development when the verdict came down...

"Not guilty!"

What a crock!!! The most flagerant abuse of deadly force/ S.O.P. I have witnessed since Kent state my friends.

My bosses voice on the radio, "Get out of LA guys!!!" click... "Don't bother picking up your tools. just get out and get back here safely!" click... I called my wife, to let her know I was safe and would be home soon.

We had a Thomas guide, and radios thank God, to guide us back to our shop in Pasadena.

That night several businesses in our town were looted, ransacked, burned, or vandalized. I awoke the next day to find ashes falling from the sky in my front yard, the same yard my son played in, and I remember talking to my wife about how unfare our system is to the oppressed and underpriveledged. I was upset at the rioters, mostly because they were causing more trouble for themselves, but because they were burning down MY TOWN!!! Where I was born and raise for God's sake!

Unjustified?

No.

How selfish of me to call a spade a spade without having to walk in their shoes.

I learned a lot during the riots, did some investigating on act 1, and paid closer attention to what really happened to Rodney that night. I also educated myself on why humans react the way they do in under certain conditions, things that seem so extreme to us are usually cries for justice, plea's for help, voices unheard speaking to the world. It's their chance to be heard.

Remember this, people don't protest because they are content with our society and its ways, they protest because things are going wrong and it is affecting them personnaly. People dont revolt against the system without just cause, it goes back since time began, and without it, we wouldn't be where we are today. We have to keep checks and balances or we would not have the rights we have... Jesus in the temple for example, is just one case in which someone had to stand up against corruption in government. There are dozens of examples I can post by Christians, Muslums, Jews, Whites, Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Germans, Brits, Africans, the list goes on and on..., that back up the need to voice one's opinions and views to better what's happening at that very time in history.

To sit back in our ez-chairs and judge what we do not know only adds to the problem that they are revolting against.

I urge you to educate yourselves on the why and the what instead of complaining about what you think you know.

Heaven

Old 11-06-2005, 11:15 AM   #7
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) yes RQ, let's advocate violent civil unrest, why don't we? believe it or not, there's better ways to go about making your grievances known than through rioting....
uh uh uh uh why ? riots always prove a point see how we all are proving ours in this thread
Old 11-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #8
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) What you don't hear; the truth...

My story...

The LA riots.

We were working in a section 8 housing development when the verdict came down...

"Not guilty!"

What a crock!!! The most flagerant abuse of deadly force/ S.O.P. I have witnessed since Kent state my friends.

My bosses voice on the radio, "Get out of LA guys!!!" click... "Don't bother picking up your tools. just get out and get back here safely!" click... I called my wife, to let her know I was safe and would be home soon.

We had a Thomas guide, and radios thank God, to guide us back to our shop in Pasadena.

That night several businesses in our town were looted, ransacked, burned, or vandalized. I awoke the next day to find ashes falling from the sky in my front yard, the same yard my son played in, and I remember talking to my wife about how unfare our system is to the oppressed and underpriveledged. I was upset at the rioters, mostly because they were causing more trouble for themselves, but because they were burning down MY TOWN!!! Where I was born and raise for God's sake!

Unjustified?

No.

How selfish of me to call a spade a spade without having to walk in their shoes.

I learned a lot during the riots, did some investigating on act 1, and paid closer attention to what really happened to Rodney that night. I also educated myself on why humans react the way they do in under certain conditions, things that seem so extreme to us are usually cries for justice, plea's for help, voices unheard speaking to the world. It's their chance to be heard.
Remember this, people don't protest because they are content with our society and its ways, they protest because things are going wrong and it is affecting them personnaly. People dont revolt against the system without just cause, it goes back since time began, and without it, we wouldn't be where we are today. We have to keep checks and balances or we would not have the rights we have... Jesus in the temple for example, is just one case in which someone had to stand up against corruption in government. There are dozens of examples I can post by Christians, Muslums, Jews, Whites, Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Germans, Brits, Africans, the list goes on and on..., that back up the need to voice one's opinions and views to better what's happening at that very time in history.

To sit back in our ez-chairs and judge what we do not know only adds to the problem that they are revolting against.

I urge you to educate yourselves on the why and the what instead of complaining about what you think you know.

Heaven

Bravo!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 11-06-2005, 12:48 PM   #9
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
I grew up poor, daycare was sitting on the ground all day with other children in an orange grove while our parents picked. Our diet was bean tacos three times a day. From this experience and my current occupation in agriculture I can't begin to count the number of immagrants I know. I'm a mexican and I've faced my share of prejudice, but that's life. My immagrant grandparents taught me to love America and be prepared to work hard. In every country there are people who just won't do some jobs because they feel they are above it. For instance, You'll mostly find mexicans and some asians working their asses off in the fields or fruit orchards in California. I guess that might be the reason there hasn't been any big mexican or asian riots in LA, they're too busy to bitch about society! And yes I'm well aware of the odd protest here and there, they do not represent everyone. When Cezar Chaves was out protesting, my Grandfather(Jesus Fabian) said "screw him, if my family needs food I'm going to WORK" and not in an office. Hard labor has to be done by someone and there is honor in a hard days work.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 11-06-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:15 PM   #10
RMadd
USER INFO »
so let me get this straight: you guys are advocating the use of violence when there exist alternative means?

Old 11-07-2005, 05:31 PM   #11
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) so let me get this straight: you guys are advocating the use of violence when there exist alternative means?
No, I just understand why they are doing it...

Seems everyone is asking "why?", like they have no clue, that's all.

Heaven

Old 11-07-2005, 06:35 PM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »
ah, well, i understand why they're doing it, but i don't agree with that form of resistance. only sets a bad precedent, whether the rioters "win" or "lose."

Old 11-07-2005, 06:41 PM   #13
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) so let me get this straight: you guys are advocating the use of violence when there exist alternative means?
NO!!!!!!!!!!! If they can't cut it in France they should leave. If there are crappy back breaking jobs available they should take them.
Are these immagrants doing EVERYTHING they can to assimilate to their adopted home? Or are they trying to set up a separate community keeping their home language and traditions?

-Homer Simpson

Old 11-07-2005, 07:24 PM   #14
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

NO ONE IS SAYING THAT, AND PLEASE DONT PUT WORDS IN OUR MOUTH-WE are that just trying to understand WHY that violence is coming up, what are the reasons behind this terrible situation.

Also, some numbers to think:

Clinchy-sous-Bois where - by the way that incidents (attacking and burning vehicles) happened:

* only 4,7% are graduate and *25% are unemployed...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 11-07-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:08 PM   #15
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebio) Are these immagrants doing EVERYTHING they can to assimilate to their adopted home? Or are they trying to set up a separate community keeping their home language and traditions?

i think its just the opposite: french society seems to keep them apart of the civilian rights...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )