++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 05-15-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
CollectiveSoul
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Marijuana

Right? Wrong? Should it be legalized? do you have information Postive and/or negative about Marijuana?
Old 05-16-2004, 11:50 AM   #2
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Well, I certainly don't think people should go to jail for it. In my opinion, it isn't any different from drinking or cigarettes. It should be a personal preference and I think it should be legalized.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:45 PM   #3
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
My younger daughters dad is a total pot head, and is an idiot when he smokes the stuff!!! I can't stand him...And won't allow him to be around the girl when he does the stuff...
Old 05-16-2004, 12:59 PM   #4
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Hemp (Marijuana) is the most unused resource we have on this planet...I have alot of research on this why it should be legalized...if you need information pm me and I can e-mail you some articles....

**Food for thought...Did you know that growing hemp was legal in the Untied States till the 1930's when big-money oil/petroleum companies lobbied to have it ilegalized because you can make fuel out of hemp...yes you can and hemp can be made into so many things it's incrediable...do you think we would be in Iraq if it wasn't for oil and those interests???
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 05-16-2004, 01:21 PM   #5
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by goddess_bb) Hemp (Marijuana) is the most unused resource we have on this planet...I have alot of research on this why it should be legalized...if you need information pm me and I can e-mail you some articles....

**Food for thought...Did you know that growing hemp was legal in the Untied States till the 1930's when big-money oil/petroleum companies lobbied to have it ilegalized because you can make fuel out of hemp...yes you can and hemp can be made into so many things it's incrediable...do you think we would be in Iraq if it wasn't for oil and those interests???
Well, if the ex idiot would use it for fuel instead of acting like an ASS, I wouldn't mind so much....
Old 05-16-2004, 03:28 PM   #6
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by goddess_bb) Hemp (Marijuana) is the most unused resource we have on this planet...I have alot of research on this why it should be legalized...if you need information pm me and I can e-mail you some articles....

President Washington grew MJ. A few others have grown it in the White House.

Personally, I don't like the stuff, and it should remain illegal. It's no more of a medicine than LSD, Meth, or Coke.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 05-16-2004, 07:28 PM   #7
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) President Washington grew MJ. A few others have grown it in the White House.

Personally, I don't like the stuff, and it should remain illegal. It's no more of a medicine than LSD, Meth, or Coke.

H-D
That's my feelings on the stuff.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:30 PM   #8
Aimee
USER INFO »
Did you know???
Much research is being done that PROVES cannibus' medicinal powers (without getting the user high). I just read a money mag article that finds, ironically, the anti-depressant, appetite suppressant, and brain boosting pwers of this "drug". THe only part that potheads use is the very tip of the plant, which contains THC. The rest of it (grown up to 5 feet or so) can be used to make clothing, food, fuel, rope, beauty supplies, all kinds of fun stuff. Washington grew it, yes... So did Thomas Jefferson. The reason it is illegal is beacuse of a politician by the name of William Hearst who, back in the days of Jim Crow, wanted to find some way to villify blacks and said that it was the "devil's weed" pointing out all the ex-slaves who used it. He instiled fear in the voting public (then, only white) by creating the term, "Reefer Maddness". Ignorance is worse than addiction in this case... my
Old 05-16-2004, 07:34 PM   #9
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I've never used the stuff but been around others that have. I personally don't like it, plus it smells like stale skunk butt
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-16-2004, 07:42 PM   #10
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Aimee) Did you know???
Much research is being done that PROVES cannibus' medicinal powers (without getting the user high). I just read a money mag article that finds, ironically, the anti-depressant, appetite suppressant, and brain boosting pwers of this "drug". THe only part that potheads use is the very tip of the plant, which contains THC. The rest of it (grown up to 5 feet or so) can be used to make clothing, food, fuel, rope, beauty supplies, all kinds of fun stuff. Washington grew it, yes... So did Thomas Jefferson. The reason it is illegal is beacuse of a politician by the name of William Hearst who, back in the days of Jim Crow, wanted to find some way to villify blacks and said that it was the "devil's weed" pointing out all the ex-slaves who used it. He instiled fear in the voting public (then, only white) by creating the term, "Reefer Maddness". Ignorance is worse than addiction in this case... my
Well BOO for the *TIP* of the plant and *Yaye* for the rest of it...
Old 05-16-2004, 07:46 PM   #11
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed) I've never used the stuff but been around others that have. I personally don't like it, plus it smells like stale skunk butt
Well you would not have liked being around the ex when he was smoking the stuff... what a dumb ass!!! He'd put the baby on the counter top, and forget about her, careless stuff like that.. fried brain...
Old 05-17-2004, 02:27 AM   #12
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Personally, I don't like the stuff, and it should remain illegal. It's no more of a medicine than LSD, Meth, or Coke.

Shows hiw much you know, kid.... LSD is a medicine... it was developed as one -- getting high is really a side effect in a way. LSD was used on mental paciets and such thoughout 60ies. To top all that LSD, unlike meth, mj, and such is NOT a drug, but a halluscinigen (it is not addictive, it uses different mechanism to get you 'high').

Anyhow, MJ should be legalized, b/c regardless of how bad it can be, it's got NOTHING on alchohol. Who would you rather deal/live with pothead or alcoholic? You see many people think that if one uses occasional pot than he's a pothead, but that's like calling someone who enjoyes occasianla beer an alchololic.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:36 AM   #13
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
OxyContin is a narcotic and it's slang nickname is "hillbilly heroin" and is one of the most (if not thee most) abused drugs on the street, yet, one can get that legally for chronic pain. It has similar effects to heroin. It's been shown that Marijuana helps those of us with chronic pain and to me, people shouldn't have to worry about going to jail for trying to manage their pain. Just my thoughts.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:45 AM   #14
Julbright
USER INFO »
I had a good friend in high school, who occassionally smoked pot. Then as it usually goes he had to have more to get that high - then moved on to other stuff. Now he is dead. Killed himself while high. While there might be some merit to what you all have mentioned about the medicinal purposes (I have not done clear research so I don't speak knowledgably) it is a drug and someone like you, JON, has no business doing it. Get high on your life, helping people, mastering a skill etc. (I hope that isn't why you are asking - I am going to assume that you are just trying to make interesting conversation here!) I work in a wellness center as a counselor, and we are addressing Chronic pain in a variety of ways that don't involve medication like massage acupuncture chiropractic and emotional counseling. I used to be cynical about this stuff but having seen it first hand I am amazed. Even recently a Harvard researcher wrote a great article that we as a medical society need to start thinking outside the box, going on to state that alternative approaches deserve a second look. Emotional stress produces hormones and chemicals in the body that aggrivate pain. Things like alchol and pot just numb the symptoms, they don't address the source of the pain. I would rather eliminate the source than numb the symptoms. Anyway, just my
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 05-17-2004, 10:33 AM   #15
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) I had a good friend in high school, who occassionally smoked pot. Then as it usually goes he had to have more to get that high - then moved on to other stuff. Now he is dead.
Sorry to hear that, but there was this kid who started drinking beer in high school. Than he moved on to hard liquor and than he killed himself while drunk driving... lets make beer illegal?