++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-24-2004, 04:59 AM   #1
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Concerning Mark's role lyrically with Creed...

Some new information has surfaced and being that I gravitate toward the controversial, I'm reposting it here. This came from marktremonti.net http://www.marktremonti.net/cgi-bin/...t=ST;f=1;t=373
Also, some new info. concerning singles from ODR and album #2

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...I get to the show early and i walk in to see mark on stage sound checking...I walk up to these guys who happen to be Tremonti1.01 and Michael...we introduce ourselves and continue to watch the guys sound check

then we were ushered to another room to wait for the guys to come out and get autographs...well when that happens and we all talk to mark...he says that we (the guys from tremonti.net) can all come with him...so we go back into the concert hall and we're told by Mike Tremonti to wait and Mark will come back out in a bit. So we do.

THIS IS THE CRAZY PART. Mark comes out about 15 minutes later and asks us to go get something to eat with him! so we all end up walking down the streets of tulsa looking for a resturaunt! We end up at a Mexican place and we continue to spend the next hour and a half eating with Mark Tremonti and his beautiful wife! I'm too fucking overwhelmed to eat, but i did manage to ask a ton of questions, along with Tremonti1.01 and Michael...some things i can't share with you but here's a few things you may want to know:

The next single will of course be Find the Real but there will not be a music video for it. After that the single will be Broken Wings and then In Loving Memory. The next CD will not have ballad songs on it like this so this is why he is releasing those.

Although Mark's tapes of his songs got stolen, he managed to rerecord it from memory and says that the songs are even better now.

Mark can not get guitars from PRS, and yes he does hate Gibson now..with a passion.

The craziest thing a fan has ever done at a show was when a girl started feeling him and Myles up on stage. Mark said she was standing right in front of his favorite place to stand when he plays and it sucked because he couldn't go over there anymore.

Mark wrote 99% percent of all Creed songs,melody, lyrics, all of them. he says Scott wrote with arms wide open and that's about it.

The song that he wishes he would have never wrote was "don't stop dancing" and that's because he didn't like the way Scott sang it.

I can't really say some things but I'll just say I was shocked to hear some stories that Mark had to tell, I just don't want to stab him in the back and put it on the internet.

Theres so much more I'm leaving out but I'll let Michael or Tremonti1.01 tell you, I don't want to hog all of this crazy info.

But after we were done eating we walked back and mark had to jump a fence to go backstage to avoid walking into the crowds of fans and being mobbed... Tremonti1.01 and Michael are great guys and it was good to meet them, this was of course, the highlight of my weekend, year, and life. I'll post a pic when I get around to it.

Last edited by Disillusioned : 11-24-2004 at 05:06 AM.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:20 AM   #2
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Dammit......I went to the dam tulsa concert......I knew i should have gotten there earlier. O well.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:37 AM   #3
heinzel
USER INFO »
nice dude. need more info, lol.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:13 AM   #4
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Disillusioned) Mark wrote 99% percent of all Creed songs,melody, lyrics, all of them. he says Scott wrote with arms wide open and that's about it.

The song that he wishes he would have never wrote was "don't stop dancing" and that's because he didn't like the way Scott sang it.

I can't really say some things but I'll just say I was shocked to hear some stories that Mark had to tell, I just don't want to stab him in the back and put it on the internet.

Theres so much more I'm leaving out but I'll let Michael or Tremonti1.01 tell you, I don't want to hog all of this crazy info.
HOLY CRAP!!! Why have stories like that never been told before?!?!

Thanks for sharing that. I hope that dude posts more about what Mark said.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 11-24-2004, 11:41 AM   #5
AndrewFromABRox
USER INFO »
Dude that's stuff i only dreams about!! How cool is that that a famous guitar player in a famus band would invite people he doesnt' know to go eat with him, and answer so many questions@!!
Old 11-24-2004, 01:39 PM   #6
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Disillusioned) Some new information has surfaced and being that I gravitate toward the controversial, I'm reposting it here. This came from marktremonti.net http://www.marktremonti.net/cgi-bin/...t=ST;f=1;t=373
Also, some new info. concerning singles from ODR and album #2

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm too fucking overwhelmed to eat, but i did manage to ask a ton of questions, along with Tremonti1.01 and Michael...some things i can't share with you but here's a few things you may want to know:

Mark wrote 99% percent of all Creed songs,melody, lyrics, all of them. he says Scott wrote with arms wide open and that's about it.

OH GOD, That is too freakin hilarious!!!! Mark did all that??? LMFAO!!!!!!! Why he's a, he's a one man band!!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 02:15 PM   #7
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: OH GOD, That is too freakin hilarious!!!! Mark did all that??? LMFAO!!!!!!! Why he's a, he's a one man band!!!!

...Ain't that the truth...!!! Why i bet the next thing that we find out is that stapp really didn't even sing the songs...that it was Mark too, and all stapp did was lip sync to Tremonti's pre-recorded vocals...

ETA:

Quote: Mark wrote 99% percent of all Creed songs,melody, lyrics, all of them. he says Scott wrote with arms wide open and that's about it.

i'm sure that Mark contributed...but this just seems a bit out of perspective...

man...<shakes head and walks out of thread>

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 11-24-2004 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:52 PM   #8
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Lolol

Quote: Why he's a, he's a one man band!!!!

LMFAOOOOO! that was funny ctfan

Quote: ...Ain't that the truth...!!! Why i bet the next thing that we find out is that stapp really didn't even sing the songs...that it was Mark too, and all stapp did was lip sync to Tremonti's pre-recorded vocals...

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....oh my....funny!!!!!!!

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:44 PM   #9
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Mark is a great guy!!!!!!! I really believe what he said, those kind of things are the ones he couldn't say when he was in Creed. He is a talented guy and i bet that the Stapp's stuff is true.
Mark is a autenthic and genuine person, he deserves all the best with AB.

Old 11-24-2004, 07:22 PM   #10
SaveMe
USER INFO »
Man i have got to met Mark... i thought i saw him at the mall once but i didn't follow the guy and i should of....anyways strangely enough i believe that Maek did right all those songs and i think Mark should have sang them to. Anyways anyone whose able to get ahold of Mike or Mark let them know MARK NEEDS TO COME HOME!!!!!!!! Thanks
Old 11-24-2004, 08:27 PM   #11
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Mark wrote 99% percent of all Creed songs,melody, lyrics, all of them. he says Scott wrote with arms wide open and that's about it.

Disillusioned...i believe if you had researched the site you got this information from...you would realize that the comment above might not have been what was REALLY said.

Quote: Marks words were, "scott would say...umm...change that word in the bridge to so and so"

the above words were more than likely what was said (also posted by the same person eating with Mark, that evening), and then he chose to embellish it with his own assumptions...the percentages changed from 90% to 99%...from one post to the other.

From the second quote, it appears that it was a PARTNERSHIP, not ALL Mark lyrically involved in the process.

I must admit, that AB's lyrics are a far cry from the flowing lyrics written by Stapp for Creed.

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 11-24-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:46 PM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yeah, I know Mark wrote all of Hide, then Stapp changed the lyrics... but Michael didn't know how much of the original was left, just that it was supposed to be a love song...
Old 11-25-2004, 12:56 AM   #13
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Well, you know what?
Let's write down every note played by Creed, then every lyric written by Creed, and add them all together, and make this as perfectly fair as possible. I sincerely doubt that Mark literally meant 99%, there wasnt even a decimal after it.
Basic point-he wrote the majority. That 9 % oor whatever really doesnt matter to me.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 11-25-2004, 01:34 AM   #14
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Basic point-he wrote the majority.

Exactly. When I posted this thread it was 1:59 AM my time and to be honest, since I had previously believed that Stapp was the primary Creed lyricist, when I came across this review I was floored! Prior to posting this I had not "researched" it for accuracy, but my reason for posting it was for the purpose of discussion and feedback...it was not my intention to pass it off as something Mark said verbatim.

This afternoon however, I took the time to go through the mt.net board reading various threads to see if I could come up with a more complete scenario of what went down over dinner in Tulsa.

Mark and his wife didn't have dinner with just this one person...more like a total of approx. 10 people were at the table, meaning several people were privy to this conversation which included Micheal Joiner (the site owner/administrator of marktremonti.net), who I believe to have credibility. Because of his credibility and out of respect for Mark, if it hadn't been for the fan who "tagged along" for dinner and then dished-out a few details on the message board, I think that even fewer details would have surfaced from that night.

Do I take verbatim as coming from Mark what this fan said? No. But I believe that as the conversation went down, it was revealed that Creed, lyrically, was more Mark than what had previously been presumed by many...to the point of it being understood that apart from WAWO, the "partnership" amounted to small contributions from Stapp.

Last edited by Disillusioned : 11-25-2004 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:58 PM   #15
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Disillusioned) The next CD will not have ballad songs on it like this so this is why he is releasing those.
SWEET... that means they'll probably go for a more SevenDust/Metallica sound!!!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life