++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 10-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #76
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Just in the past 2 days the house breaking is going MUCH better. He is really starting to do a lot more independently, in all aspects, so that is going smoothly. My main peice of advise would be not to rub their face in it, like some people say, but to take them out every hour and a half throughout the day/evening, if they go, great, praise them, if not, bring them back in. If you see them going in your house (we have plastic on the carpets) then pick him up while he's doing it and say "outside, outside" and let him finish outside. Once they have eaten, take them out 30 min. after and stay out until they have done it, when you are leading them outside, always say, let's go outside to do your business so they get the hang of it. Eventually they realize that they are told "no" when they have accidents and are praised when they go outside. At night, or when you are gone, I would put them somewhere that there isn't any carpet. We put ours in the kitchen, because it's very large, and they still have plenty of room to run around.

What type of dog do you have? Is it a toy breed? I hear they are more succeptable to broken bones, because they are so fragile. They are very comical though when they are hyper like that. You might try giving treats when he does his business outside so he will look forward to that.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:01 AM   #77
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by hotforscott) Just in the past 2 days the house breaking is going MUCH better. He is really starting to do a lot more independently, in all aspects, so that is going smoothly. My main peice of advise would be not to rub their face in it, like some people say, but to take them out every hour and a half throughout the day/evening, if they go, great, praise them, if not, bring them back in. If you see them going in your house (we have plastic on the carpets) then pick him up while he's doing it and say "outside, outside" and let him finish outside. Once they have eaten, take them out 30 min. after and stay out until they have done it, when you are leading them outside, always say, let's go outside to do your business so they get the hang of it. Eventually they realize that they are told "no" when they have accidents and are praised when they go outside. At night, or when you are gone, I would put them somewhere that there isn't any carpet. We put ours in the kitchen, because it's very large, and they still have plenty of room to run around.

What type of dog do you have? Is it a toy breed? I hear they are more succeptable to broken bones, because they are so fragile. They are very comical though when they are hyper like that. You might try giving treats when he does his business outside so he will look forward to that.
Yes! Thats what I have been doing and she is starting to get the message.

Yeh we got a little girl. Just cute as a button but pretty hypo hehe. Shes been better than the last puppy we had cos she is more eager to please so she goes in the right place more often...seems though, that she cant hold her bladder long cos most of the time if she wakes up, eats, or does heaps of exercise, if we dont take her to the tray, she goes wherever. Hey yeh, we really have to walk her to it but we havent yet.

She is half pommeranian and half chihuaua. She looks heaps more pommeranian than the other though which is nice. She has been sick and really weak for the last couple of days cos she got her first worm pill. Throwing up and everything.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 10-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #78
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Prayer Request

i figured i would put here my friends Pit Bull is going to have puppys she breeds theme so shes knows she pregneat because she gave her a test at home her poor utrerus has feel out and her vet for what ever reason is giving her the run around and poor treatment and draining her wallet dry and the poor Dog is in so much pain her vet would not even take another test to confirm that she having puppies now her vagina is swalloen and shes in a lot of pain in my opion if she is pregneat i think they need to give up the puppys at this early stage before she gets sicker and she can have something done for her pain