++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 08:25 PM   #61
shiver
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I don't think every Christian is meant to be evangelical. Some have it, others don't. The fact is that Creed was labled a Christian band because the general public is stupid enough to think that if a rock band uses the name Gabriel or God in song lyrics, then they must be Christian, even if the song isn't praising God (which none of Creed's music did). Hell, people even called Evanescence a Christian band for a short period after they debuted.

Actually, every Christian is meant to be evangelical with the gifts and talents God has given. I don't think you have to explicitly say, "Hey you believe in God, or burn in Hell," actually I think thats half wrong, It's a way of life, and I think that if you proclaim to be something you better back it up. If I told everyone here that I was a better guitar player than Mark, I should find a way to back that up, like record an album, or post a mp3 of my work, so I could back up that claim. But if I said that, but did nothing about it, you all would presume I am a liar, yay?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:30 PM   #62
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shiver) Well, It just kinda irks me when people, especially people in the public eye, come out and say they are Christians, and don't live by it. Your supposed to know a Christian by the way they live their life, and it seems too many people jump on the God bandwagon because its cool at the time, but they don't really want to live a Christian life, because it's too hard or no fun. Thats how I see stapp. When the Passion came out, everybody was on the Jesus bandwagon. But now, where are those peoples? Anyway I think this might be a bit off topic, My whole main point to begin with is that stapp seems to go thru these phases and to me Mark and the others seem to be a little more trustworthy, in my opinion, than stapp. It will remain that way until I see otherwise. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, well,uh, yoo...you can't fool me again," as the wise G.W. Bush once said.

That's true. I don't like seeing that, either. But, again, I don't believe Stapp meant it in a way that's demeaning to Christians. In every interview he has done, he has talked openly about how he re-found his faith. He's said in every interview that he is a Christian. Why would he want to bash Christianity if he, himself, is a Christian?

But I agree, it's tough to live a Christian life with how the world is these days. It seems like if you're a Christian(and you really live your faith, meaning you don't engage in the things that typical young adults engage in), you're not really cool. It doesn't bother me, but I agree, some Christians allow that to influence them and thus make poor decisions. But all of this is kinda off-topic.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #63
joy division
USER INFO »
none of us are close friends with any of them but i believe when you have a famous reputation of being rude and unkind to fans, and your bandmates quit because they cant stand you, and you hear all these horror stories from other bands about Stapp... that is when i start to wonder.

there are many rockstars out there that are more popular than him and more respected who go out of their way to cater to fans. it is sad to hear so many horror stories about people meeting him.

i try to believe things with only my two eyes, but when so many say the same thing its kind of hard NOT to believe. its dissapointing. either way his reputation is even more ruined.

-dominic
Old 01-21-2005, 11:53 PM   #64
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) This is the bottom line. The interviewers keep asking the same things. That's it in a nutshell. If the interviewers would drop it and ask questions about the FUTURE instead of dwelling on the past, maybe everyone else would follow suit. I can understand Mark's point when he says:

"As much as we want to leave all this in the past, it feels almost therapeutic to get it out."

How many times can they dance around it, walk on eggshells and be polite before they get sick of skirting the issues? I can understand them getting to the point where it just feels good to get it out in the open.

Obviously, Stapp has issues. It was clear to the other members of Creed, and apparently it became obvious to the members of The Tea Party or they'd be with him right now. And what can Stapp say in his defense? His silence is his answer, IMO.

Dance around, it walk on egshells and be polite?? You gotta be kidding!!! From the very first interview the members of AB did....that's ALL they've done. There hasn't been one single solitary interview, radio spot, or mag article where they haven't bitched like hell. The old "woe is me" crap. They've been "getting it out in the open" for what, 4 months now. How much longer is it gonna take before they talk about what's fun, how much they like to perform, how they are enjoying themselves, what cities they've enjoyed visiting etc. etc. to the media.

If it's that hard to give a good positive review to someone, then hell, they really need to talk to management, and schedule some different mag reviewers. If not it won't be long before people will see another interview, and say to themselves...."jeez, there's that guy from Creed again, whining like always".

I wonder if it's ever occured to anyone that Jeff Martin and his band are no longer working with Stapp because of the LABEL??? I guess not, because blaming Stapp is sooooo much more simple, and easy. And fun.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:11 AM   #65
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) How much longer is it gonna take before they talk about what's fun, how much they like to perform, how they are enjoying themselves, what cities they've enjoyed visiting etc. etc. to the media.

Why don't you write a letter to all the media organizations that are conducting interviews with AB and tell them to stop asking questions regarding Stapp and the Creed breakup then?

Quote: I wonder if it's ever occured to anyone that Jeff Martin and his band are no longer working with Stapp because of the LABEL??? I guess not, because blaming Stapp is sooooo much more simple, and easy. And fun.

Maybe because Jeff Martin said in an interview that he didn't want to work with Stapp... I quote... "There were so many hands in the pot, cooks in the kitchen and so much bullshit around everything Scott was doing or had to do. We would sit down with him on the dock and only then would he drop his guard and chill out. It was a very strange vibe. (It was) nothing that I'd want to be a part of. Everything that went on down there had to go through a manager and a lawyer".

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/20..._teaparty.html

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-22-2005, 12:45 AM   #66
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Why don't you write a letter to all the media organizations that are conducting interviews with AB and tell them to stop asking questions regarding Stapp and the Creed breakup then?

Maybe because Jeff Martin said in an interview that he didn't want to work with Stapp... I quote... "There were so many hands in the pot, cooks in the kitchen and so much bullshit around everything Scott was doing or had to do. We would sit down with him on the dock and only then would he drop his guard and chill out. It was a very strange vibe. (It was) nothing that I'd want to be a part of. Everything that went on down there had to go through a manager and a lawyer".

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/20..._teaparty.html

That's not my responsibility to request such things from the media. It's AB's management, or the members of AB themselves. They are the ones who agree to the interviews. I read them, and post my opinions based on what I've read.

Umm, yea Steve, I know...I've read it. What part of Jeff Martins comments lead you to believe that Stapp WAS THE REASON why they didn't want to work with him. Everything that went on had to go through a manager and a lawyer, (even a dump, I believe one of them said) so how about THE LABEL being responsible for that instead of Stapp. Maybe that's the way THE LABEL wants things to be.

In fact, I believe Jeff Martin was the one who said that he really liked Stapp as a person.....

Like I said, it's so very easy for people to lay blame, it's been done much and so often and by so many people...it's become fun, and an excuse for those who will pick and try their best to be negative.

Last edited by ctfan : 01-22-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:22 AM   #67
shiver
USER INFO »
I refer you to this article, that Steve posted, where we first hear of Tea Party and Stapp splitting.

http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/n...90038.html&a=1

He does state that Stapp has personal demons, and he couldn't work around that.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:25 AM   #68
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: "There were so many hands in the pot, cooks in the kitchen and so much bullshit around everything Scott was doing or had to do. We would sit down with him on the dock and only then would he drop his guard and chill out. It was a very strange vibe. (It was) nothing that I'd want to be a part of. Everything that went on down there had to go through a manager and a lawyer".

I have to agree with CT, Steve...there is nothing in this particular quote from jeff martin that says anything negative ABOUT stapp...seems that stapp is still dealing with a lot of stress if he can only drop his guard when he is spending time alone with friends out on his dock...

Seems what they found uncomfortable was all the apparent "red tape" that stapp has to deal with...NOT the man himself.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 01-22-2005, 03:24 AM   #69
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
well Stapp is not the only artist on Wind-Up and yet no-one else has had two great guitarists remove their services. So Tremonti and Martin have now gone. Perhaps next time he can get Jimmy Page to say thanks but no thanks...... I defended the guy for a couple of years but I think it just goes beyond common sense to have anywhere the same loyalty many Creed fans had back in the day. "Scott Stapp is a pathlological liar"-Brian Marshall......saids it all I think.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-22-2005, 03:31 AM   #70
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
To Ann and ctfan,

Nowhere in my comments did I say Jeff Martin's remarks made me believe Stapp was the reason for not working together. In fact, please point out where I said this, because ctfan, your comments make it appear that I did say this somewhere.

And if you really want me to take that position, then here ya go... as shiver posted...

Quote: "Nope," Martin says, when asked if the Stapp-Tea Party collaboration would continue.

"We just stepped away from the plate because right now," he pauses, choosing his words carefully, "I like Scott very much as a person, but there's a lot of baggage there.

"And you know how I've made a career out of having a bag of demons — but I've tamed them all.

"He hasn't learned how to do that.

"The problem with Scott is that there's too many cooks in the kitchen and he's misguided right now.

"He needs to take control of his own career and his own destiny."

From: http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/n...90038.html&a=1

Jeff pretty much states that Stapp has problems (baggage) and he doesn't want to be a part of it. It's as clear as day there. Acknowledging someone is a nice person and acknowledging the person also has their own personal problems are two different things. One can think highly of a person and also realize the person has their own problems that they don't want to be a part of.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Steve : 01-22-2005 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:20 AM   #71
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Why don't you write a letter to all the media organizations that are conducting interviews with AB and tell them to stop asking questions regarding Stapp and the Creed breakup then?
Thank you.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:19 AM   #72
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
I guess we'll have to wait and see if goneblind calls it quits. As for all of the arguments going on here, i know its a creed messageboard, as well as alter bridge, why can't we all agree on the fact that CREED HAS BROKEN UP! No amount of arguing is going to change that, who cares whos fault it is, the fact remains, stapp is on one side of the bridge, tremonti and the rest of the band are on the other side (no pun intended). It is stapps fault for being stapp, it is tremonti, flip, and marshalls faults for being tremonti, flip, and marshall, they all believed they were justified in the breakup, thats all that needs to be known!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 01-22-2005, 11:39 AM   #73
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Wow, didn't know he's a Christian now. That's awesome. He sure sounds like a nice guy.
Yeah, he's Christian now. Guess the long hair is a part of that. He looks like Jesus! I'm quite sure he's not doing it anymore. He's a very gentle guy, he asked me all kind of questions when I talked to him, he was truely interested in me as well.

And I have to add I think it's very brave of him to confess his mistakes.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 01-22-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:59 AM   #74
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, he's Christian now. Guess the long hair is a part of that. He looks like Jesus! I'm quite sure he's not doing it anymore. He's a very gentle guy, he asked me all kind of questions when I talked to him, he was truely interested in me as well.

And I have to add I think it's very brave of him to confess his mistakes.

Yeah, that's definitely brave. As I've said, it's always great to see people come back to God.

Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) the fact remains, stapp is on one side of the bridge, tremonti and the rest of the band are on the other side (no pun intended). It is stapps fault for being stapp, it is tremonti, flip, and marshalls faults for being tremonti, flip, and marshall, they all believed they were justified in the breakup, thats all that needs to be known!

Yeah, I agree with that. My whole point of all the posts I have made in this thread is that I'd like to see all this Stapp bashing from Mark stop. I'd like to see Mark talk more about Alter Bridge, and not so much about Creed. I also agree that the media needs to stop asking the Creed/Stapp question. But you know the media, so that's not going to happen.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-22-2005, 12:01 PM   #75
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Well, my personal opinion in all that is that i dont think that this article is anti-Creed. They are explaining what they lived during the Creed era. There must be even more things that they wont say, and i think those that they wont say are the worst ones. I am fed up to say that Stapp is a liar and he was a difficult person to deal with. I recon Tremonti had to shup up many times and swallow many shit about Stapp and defend him. Tremo is an example of a good band member. He had never said anything bad or something that is not true just untill Creed was over. I am happy he is saying what he feels during all those years and i am happy to see them 3 together again and with more energy than ever...and of course to see them with someone like Myles Kennedy, a great singer and a very truly person with his fans.