++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-22-2004, 10:26 PM   #1
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Passions Of Christ

My Views And thoughts I waited Fot The Dvd I often wonder it what it felt like after knowing him what i would feel like to be one the 12 that walked with him after praying with him and talking with him and loving him the whatching him DIE and his mother whatching him DIE None Of Us Were There At Calavary But I Praise God JESUS For TAKING The World Back Too CALVARY Amen And See it through the Eyes Of The Directors Vison It Was So Real That You Almost Felt As If You WERE THERE......God Bless
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-23-2004, 07:20 AM   #2
Light is Life
USER INFO »
I`ve heard some comments about the movie, that it doesn`t demonstrate WHO was the person dying there but only takes the NAME of who was dying and exposes his suffering.

I haven`t seen it yet, so I can`t state anything, but I have seen The Green Mile. The Green Mile is a out of this world, you simply can`t believe that that movie was produced in this world. I don`t believe that a movie that`s said to be fully violence can beat a movie that exposes the worst violence suffered by Jesus, the spiritual violence. I`ve heard that Mel Gibson is the kind of mad religious man that doesn`t enter any church in which the priest doesn`t guide the reunion speaking latin.

"I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on
the road, lonely as a sparrow in
the rain. Tired of not ever having
me a buddy to be with, or tell me
where we's coming from or going
to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of
people being ugly to each other.

I'm tired of all the pain I feel
and hear in the world ever' day.
There's too much of it. It's like
pieces of glass in my head all the
time. Can you understand?"

J.ohn C.offey

"Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? "

J.esus C.hrist

Watching The Green Mile, Frank Darabont makes you love John Coffey, and in the end you cry for what was being given to him. Does Mel Gibson really makes you love Jesus, and then makes you cry for what was done to him?

I don`t believe that there`s any great spiritual inspiration behind The Passion. Probably it focus on the violence because of lack of inspiration.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:12 AM   #3
creedsister
USER INFO »
yes!!!!!!!! i saw the green mile , mark.4 verse 9 and afterwards it inspired this so yes>>> When All Love Is Gone And NO REASON To Carry On No Reason To Carry Carry On I Feel It Coming And Its Not Before My Face Not Before My Face....Will You Save Me Move Hell And High Water To save Me When There Is Nothing Left And Im Standing In the Cold Would You Just Be There To Hold I Cant Say Who made Today Because its So Dark Will You Bring Me Light For Tommorow When Love Is Gone Would You Be There To Take My Fall Would You Hear Me Call your threads and comments RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-24-2004, 12:08 PM   #4
RMadd
USER INFO »
Green Mile's an excellent movie but, uh, how'd it get in this thread?

Old 09-24-2004, 05:01 PM   #5
Light is Life
USER INFO »
Thank you, creedsister!!

Have you seen Sling Blade? I recommend it! It's also an amazing instrospective movie, great drama.
I'm downloading it from E-mule.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:18 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Light is Life) Thank you, creedsister!!

Have you seen Sling Blade? I recommend it! It's also an amazing instrospective movie, great drama.
I'm downloading it from E-mule.
Yes I have Light Is Life Great Movie
Old 09-25-2004, 02:33 AM   #7
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
FACT: if jesus really bled that much during the crucifiction, he would have died 3 times over before he got to the cross

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 09-25-2004, 10:16 AM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) FACT: if jesus really bled that much during the crucifiction, he would have died 3 times over before he got to the cross
.....Strong He Was, He Knew He Had To Get Up There.....................
Old 09-25-2004, 08:47 PM   #9
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
AKA the movie is overexaggerated and unrealistic

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 09-25-2004, 11:56 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) AKA the movie is overexaggerated and unrealistic
Never Saw It
Old 09-27-2004, 01:14 AM   #11
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I`ve heard some comments about the movie, that it doesn`t demonstrate WHO was the person dying there but only takes the NAME of who was dying and exposes his suffering.

i would suggest not to listen to everything you hear about this movie...there is a definite intimate story line....and it does give one an idea of WHO Jesus was through the use of flashbacks....there are not many, because i believe that Mr. Gibson was concentrating on the story he was presenting....not the events leading up to that point.

I felt the imagery was awesome...for instance the last scene...when Christ says, "Into your hands Father, I commend my spirit"....all the while a major storm had been brewing...there is an aerial shot, looking down from above...and at that moment....a raindrop fell from the sky...when it hit the ground...it caused an earthquake...and the Temple was destroyed...

It's true that the violent scenes stood out...but there was so much more going on...and if one watched this movie with the expectations of violence, as many had heard and read about, the beauty of what Mr. Gibson was showing as a whole could easily be lost...it is a well woven story of the strength of faith.

The human race, by nature is violent...just as portrayed...today's society would like to believe that they are more civilized, that they wouldn't repeat what they saw in this movie, or what they have read in the Bible..when in reality, human nature, in general still contains the same tendencies that were portrayed at the time of Christ...and like with a lot of things, history would tend to repeat it's self...

Does it not happen daily on a smaller scale?...if you think about it...dear reader, i'm sure you will know what i mean.

the whole idea, as i saw it, was to show this violence as raw and painful as possible in order to give a better understanding of what Jesus endured for the human race as a whole...and still God forgives our sins. Possibly what bothers people about the violence is the fact that it brings home the realization that we need to learn compassion, forgiveness and most of all love.

Because isn't that what it's all about....doing the best we can to live our lives by following Jesus' example...keeping the faith...and learning to love in an unconditional way our brothers and sisters...as we are all Gods Children.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:57 AM   #12
heinzel
USER INFO »
I thought the movie was kind of a comedy. i mean the first half hour i was impressed. but after that, man that man got his ass kicked. It was just toooooooooo much.
but for a comdey about Jesus it was a good one.

Last edited by heinzel : 09-27-2004 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:33 AM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) i would suggest not to listen to everything you hear about this movie...there is a definite intimate story line....and it does give one an idea of WHO Jesus was through the use of flashbacks....there are not many, because i believe that Mr. Gibson was concentrating on the story he was presenting....not the events leading up to that point.

I felt the imagery was awesome...for instance the last scene...when Christ says, "Into your hands Father, I commend my spirit"....all the while a major storm had been brewing...there is an aerial shot, looking down from above...and at that moment....a raindrop fell from the sky...when it hit the ground...it caused an earthquake...and the Temple was destroyed...

It's true that the violent scenes stood out...but there was so much more going on...and if one watched this movie with the expectations of violence, as many had heard and read about, the beauty of what Mr. Gibson was showing as a whole could easily be lost...it is a well woven story of the strength of faith.

The human race, by nature is violent...just as portrayed...today's society would like to believe that they are more civilized, that they wouldn't repeat what they saw in this movie, or what they have read in the Bible..when in reality, human nature, in general still contains the same tendencies that were portrayed at the time of Christ...and like with a lot of things, history would tend to repeat it's self...

Does it not happen daily on a smaller scale?...if you think about it...dear reader, i'm sure you will know what i mean.

the whole idea, as i saw it, was to show this violence as raw and painful as possible in order to give a better understanding of what Jesus endured for the human race as a whole...and still God forgives our sins. Possibly what bothers people about the violence is the fact that it brings home the realization that we need to learn compassion, forgiveness and most of all love.

Because isn't that what it's all about....doing the best we can to live our lives by following Jesus' example...keeping the faith...and learning to love in an unconditional way our brothers and sisters...as we are all Gods Children.
They Wouldn,t REPEAT what they saw, in this movie, or what they Read in the bible when in REALTIY Human nature in Genarle still Contains the Vilonce And tendnecies that were portrayed at the time of christ........And Like With All Thinhgs History Would Tend To Repeat Its Self........Dose it not happen on a smaller scale if you think about it im sure you Know What I Mean........EXCALTEY :Ann>> 1 Cor.ch.2. LOVE ONE ANOTHER THE WAY I HAVE LOVED YOU
Old 09-27-2004, 04:40 PM   #14
Light is Life
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) The human race, by nature is violent...just as portrayed...today's society would like to believe that they are more civilized, that they wouldn't repeat what they saw in this movie, or what they have read in the Bible..when in reality, human nature, in general still contains the same tendencies that were portrayed at the time of Christ...and like with a lot of things, history would tend to repeat it's self...

I really don't believe in this theology that says that human race is violent by nature, when Jesus clearly demonstrated in the Gospel that man would have to relearn the virtues of infancy to enter the kingdom.

The world corrupts the souls of men, and men corrupt their own souls. If you don't have faith in God, the world will be much bigger than you, and it will swallow you. If you don't have faith in yourself, you will be what the world wants you to be.

I was wondering what made me walk so lost all those years... I had no one to show me the way, no one to make me believe that God loves me, no one to tell me to believe not in this world. Empty and lost I was born, trusting in my parents and believing in this world. Later I was born again, empty but saved, trusting in God only and believing in the kingdom.

One thing I've seen clearly. All this mediocrity and tendencies of this world are what made me walk my first spiritual step. I just wanted another direction when I found myself full of darkness inside and seeing only darkness outside. And then I tried to love light rather than darkness.

I don't believe that the problem is Adam, I believe that the problem is everyone. Everyone is born of the flesh, and everyone needs to be born again of the Spirit later. I think that even Adam needed to be born again, but he followed the same way that we all followed, and then God remembered him "for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return", so that Adam could meditate and trust in the Spirit rather than flesh. But he and his descendants(everyone) didn't pay attention to the word of God, and the world was created:

"And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. "

Genesis 6:12,13

The world will change when all men meditate on this word "for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return", because they will understand that if they put their confidence in this visible body, sooner or later they will decay and be over. But if they put their confidence in the invisible Spirit, they will be eternal. I used to feel me as a living body, but now I feel as a living spirit.

+
A cross: vertical meets horizontal. Those who have their sights set on earthly things vs those who have their sights set on heavenly things.

They can kill my body, but they can't kill ME.
Spirituality VS bestiality: The beasts don't even notice that while they kill bodies, they kill their own souls.

Jesus showed that there's return from fleshly death, through his resurrection. But watch the demons full of indignation and wrath and God will show that there's no return from spiritual death.

Spiritual death is what awaits those terrorists and all stupid spirits.

We must clarify that Jesus was forgiving the sins of humanity, and not of inhumanity. It had been good for those men if they had not been born.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:19 PM   #15
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Light is Life) I really don't believe in this theology that says that human race is violent by nature, when Jesus clearly demonstrated in the Gospel that man would have to relearn the virtues of infancy to enter the kingdom.

basically, Light Is Life....man is violent when taught violence...and kind, loving, etc. when taught in kind...

my origional comment of the human race IN GENERAL being violent in nature is seen every day...

no one can come to God except by their own devices...no one can make them do it...it must be something that each individual is ready to do in their own time...not the time of others....we can learn the motions...but the cup can not be filled when the pitcher is empty...and that is what it's like when we know of God...but do not accept what is being offered...

we as human beings need to learn what is out there and make a consious choice to follow the path of God, as Christ said, seek and ye shall find...and until we do that, we just don't really understand...i believe that God is also infinite patience...and we all know that good things come to those that wait....

your journey sounds like it has taken you to where you NEEDED to go...and you should be at this moment...some of us take longer than others to get there, but it's always a "personal" trip and we never stop on our spiritual journey's...for everything we learn/ have learned is of benifit to us.

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 09-27-2004 at 08:53 PM.