++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-06-2003, 10:27 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I heartily agree, it should come from Scott. From what everyone says, the rest of the guys salvaged the show.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:27 PM   #17
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Here's my reply to the person at Windup that emailed me. Some of you might think I'm too harsh, but I think I'm justified in what i say. Nothing I suggest is unreasonable at all, in my view, given the events in Chicago.

Two suggestions:

1) A personal apology from Scott is needed (not just from Windup)
2) A public AND written apology is needed

The fan/band relationship is vital to Creed, and Scott needs to show proper respect to fans due to his very serious lapse in judgment. This can only be accomplished by talking directly to the fans, through spoken word. This is the *minimum* that must be done to rectify the massive amount of disrespect shown to loyal Creed fans in Chicago... I've not even mentioned the financial/ethical aspects of this ordeal.

Thanks very much. Despite all this, I wish Scott well -- but he needs to take full responsibility.

Nicholas F. Singh
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-06-2003, 10:28 PM   #18
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
That would be ideal, but my guess is it will be something written, possibly posted on their Web site or something. I think something would be better than nothing. There are plenty of concerts I've been to where the performers sucked because they were drunk or high and nary an apology was uttered. You bring up a good point, though, velocityidp, in that Creed's bond with the fans is stronger than what most bands have had with their fans.

I agree with you, they do have a bond stronger than any band I have ever seen. I do believe it will be a statement on their web-site or something in the Chicago paper of something! Not to sure, I guess we will have to wait and see.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-07-2003, 12:41 AM   #19
rodirocker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by crest tattoo
I hate to say it, but it really is Scott that needs to take care of this.  Mark and the others were awesome and did a great job covering. I remember watching Mark as Scott was lying on his back.  He wasn't looking at him at all, he was just playing his a@@ off!

Actually he did look at him once when a buddy of mine was screaming at Mark to get him up... then mark glanced over at scott on the ground and the expression on his face turned to humiliation. Mark stopped smiling after that. I know, my buddy is sort of dumb for doing that, but I couldn't stop him.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:50 PM   #20
ronda
USER INFO »
All of the complaints were answered in the same generic tone... Same message to all responses......
I saved my stub , just in case they have a new show and discount to the CHicago concert goers.... But I am not holding my breath here.
The band did a great job, an apology should come from the managment that let Scott go on stage like that. If I were Scott I would be angry with them as well as myself.. They let him go on stage , no one stopped him from making his image tarnished in thousands of fans minds. Scott too could say a few words to us, I am sure he is trying hard to keep his image in good standings with the fans. After all not everyone of his fans went to the show. It will take time to get a good statment together. I am not sure how you can explain his behavior, but an attempt would be nice.
A statement would be nice , for hundreds of $'s spend, we do at least deserve an explaination.
But cut Scott some slack, he is only a human being.
Still a Creed fan here, but today is the first time I have been able to listen to the CD without being saddened.
In time the anger will wear off the pissed off people . The band will hopefully be better than ever next CD and next tour.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:07 PM   #21
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks Ronda! I agree that there are more people to blame besides Scott. While I don't think he's blameless, it could NOT have been a secret that he was wasted before the show. It should've been stopped before the fiasco even began. Management is NOT completely blameless here. But I have to say, I'm very glad you are able to listen to them again without anger or sadness. Time heals all wounds.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-07-2003, 05:23 PM   #22
whocares
Banned
USER INFO »
the statements out

the statements out. it was released earlier .. hope everyone takes it well
Old 01-07-2003, 05:24 PM   #23
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
This was posted on the Pit today. Whoever posted it says it came from JHMP, so I emailed them to check on the validity of it all. I am not saying it's real, I'm just posting what's posted there. Take it for what it's worth until we get the truth.

<i>Dear Creed Fan,
The band has heard that you are unhappy with the quality of the recent Creed show in Chicago. We apologize if you don't feel that the show was up to the very high standards set by our previous shows in Chicago. We also understand and appreciate the fact that there has been much concern about
Scott's health and we want to assure everyone that he is doing very well and is taking a much needed break at home in Orlando after a very long and rigorous touring year. The band has plans to start writing material for their next record later this year and plan to return to Chicago next year to play a show that
will hopefully be better than any of the numerous shows we've played there. For now we hope that you can take some solace in the fact that you definitely experienced the most unique of all Creed shows and may have become part of the unusual world of rock and roll history! Again, we apologize if you didn't enjoy the show but remember, "It's only rock and roll but we like it!"

Have a great year!
Creed

</i>

Old 01-07-2003, 05:51 PM   #24
charlie
USER INFO »
It's real...

It's real...I got the letter a little while ago.

"We apologize if [YOU] don't feel that the show was up to the very high standards"

"we apologize if [YOU] didn't enjoy the show"

Yeah right...the show was fine, it was ME that was unhappy.

What a sham!!! This response adds salt to the wound...

What Jerks...
________
smoking kills
________
MERCEDES-BENZ OM616 SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by charlie : 02-12-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:06 PM   #25
CreedCrazed
USER INFO »
I agree...what a joke...I received that same e-mail a few hours ago. I would've felt better if they hadn't said anything at all...that letter was a slap in the face to Chicago fans. They won't be seeing me at any of their concerts next year. You're damn right I'M BITTER AS HELL.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:09 PM   #26
rodirocker
USER INFO »
I agree... i don't like that response at all. They didn't even admit that Stapp was completely messed up, all they say is the show was "unique" and that we will be a part of rock n roll history. So what? I want stapp to apologize for what HE did. "It's only rock n roll but we like it"??? I didn't like that show... hmm...

They are apologizing if we didn't enjoy the show, not because stapp messed up. They didn't even admit anything was wrong.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:06 PM   #27
velocityidp
USER INFO »
OK, I have a hard time believing this was the actual "statement." I never got any such email. But if it is true... what a laugh! What kind of a moron do they take me for?

And "It's only rock and roll but we like it?" ......? What in the heck is that??

Someone forward this supposed email statement to [email protected] please.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-07-2003, 08:20 PM   #28
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
I haven't received this e-mail yet either, but I received the one the other day. If this is what they are putting out for an explanation, I agree w/ Creedcrazed, I wish they'd not said anything at all. I was feeling better about the Chicago concert, and now I'm sick again. Makes me very mad!!
Old 01-07-2003, 08:27 PM   #29
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Uhm, question: what is "JHMP"?

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-07-2003, 08:31 PM   #30
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Jeff Hanson Management Promotions