++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-01-2003, 09:37 PM   #16
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by CreedCrazed
You know what, making music and doing concerts are Creed's job...if I had gone to work the way Scott acted at the Chicago show, I would've been fired.  So if you weren't there, don't boo hoo me okay.

Make sure you don't burn the fries then!:lol:

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-01-2003, 09:38 PM   #17
CreedCrazed
USER INFO »
My bad day at work didn't cost someone $150.00 though. There is no excuse for that concert...none.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:39 PM   #18
tru2mine
USER INFO »
can you really compare your job to theres. Im not trying to take away the importance of your job regardless of what it is, but really, c'mon. thousands of people are watching your every moving, touring for over a year, plus your personal life which isnt so personal. give em a break
Old 01-01-2003, 09:42 PM   #19
CreedCrazed
USER INFO »
You really didn't see that concert...I'm not saying your opinion isn't important because it is...it's just that public intoxication for two hours is something I could've watched on the streets of Chicago for free. I just wasn't ready to see it from my favorite vocalist. I'll be able to move on when I hear a statement from the band...they at least owe that to the fans.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:45 PM   #20
tru2mine
USER INFO »
i agree an explanation is owed
Old 01-01-2003, 09:47 PM   #21
Triple_Six
USER INFO »
Currently:
For $150 I'll make sure you get your money's worth

http://www.druglordsgame.com/index.php?ref=110418
Old 01-01-2003, 10:05 PM   #22
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by CreedCrazed
<b>Yeah I'm kind of tired of hearing everyone saying, " Oh you gotta support the band man." &nbsp;Let me ask everyone who is saying that, have you ever payed 150.00 plus dollars for a concert that totally sucked beyond your wildest dreams??? &nbsp;Not all of us can fork out that kind of money. &nbsp;What hurts the most is that I still have to pay that money back on my credit card. &nbsp;If you weren't at the Chicago show....let me just say, man you have no idea what the hell went on there. &nbsp;It wasn't just bad, it was a nightmare. </b>

It cost me 800.00 to go out to Chicago for the show from where I live and I don't regret it one bit. Between the tickets, food, partying, flights, drinks, etc. it was costly!!!!
I don't expect everyone to be perfect all the time and that includes Scott, he is human just like the rest of us. So many people think celebrities are supposed to do "no wrong", but you can't think like that. All the other shows I have attended I would have paid 4X as much because they were so powerful so the fact that I was not as happy with the Chicago show doesn't make me regret the money I paid.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:06 PM   #23
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Make sure you don't burn the fries then!:lol:

LMAO, Jen!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-01-2003, 10:13 PM   #24
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
<b>It cost me 800.00 to go out to Chicago for the show from where I live and I don't regret it one bit. Between the tickets, food, partying, flights, drinks, etc. it was costly!!!! &nbsp;
I don't expect everyone to be perfect all the time and that includes Scott, he is human just like the rest of us. So many people think celebrities are supposed to do "no wrong", but you can't think like that. All the other shows I have attended I would have paid 4X as much because they were so powerful so the fact that I was not as happy with the Chicago show doesn't make me regret the money I paid. </b>

Good attitude! No wonder we like you so much here!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-01-2003, 10:13 PM   #25
sigspecial
USER INFO »
I already posted this on another board, but wanted to re-state it here.....

Just to jump back into this discussion..... As a fan whose first Creed concert experience was the Chicago show....

#1: I was STUNNED....but 1/2 the crowd boo'd the band anyway during the 29th show. I'm proud to say I was part of the other 1/2 who tried to give him some support. I don't think the Chgo fans would boo them if they returned to set things right. As long as the show lived up to the band's reputation. My guess is that the people who boo'd the first show would likely pass on the chance to return.

#2: I DEFINITELY feel that those of us who bought tickets to the first show SHOULD be entitled to see a new show under a different set of circumstances. I DO NOT agree with a type of fan appreciation that is open to all....mostly because I ALREADY PAID FOR MY TICKET and didn't get what I paid for!!!! I don't want to have to stand in line or fight with other people to try to scramble to pick up a reduced price ticket. I really feel that when you reduce the price you allow the "Creed bashers" easy access to come to the show and screw it up. After all, it's only $5 bucks.

#3: Everyone also needs to understand that there probably are a number of people who are somewhat justifyably feeling hostile after what we were forced to witness..... Again, for those of you who were not there, I truly believe that you can not possibly understand how awful it was. Add to that the fact that a number of people brought young children because of the positive message that Creed portrays....also, many people had seen multiple shows and knew what the band was capable of.....AND we all paid about $50 per seat plus $15 parking....food... beverages...babysitters....for a grand total of about $160+ per couple. Why shouldn't they be irritated???

I am such an admirer of Scott Stapp's vocals that I was so looking forward to experiencing the full force of his ability in person. That is probably my greatest disappointment. I would never boo this band. Those who call themselves fans are hopefully a little more enlightened and willing to understand that each of us is only human. Scott deserves our support and I think we are intelligent enough in Chicago to give them a warm reception if they come back to set things right.

Hopeful & waiting in Chicago.......
Old 01-01-2003, 10:16 PM   #26
Triple_Six
USER INFO »
Currently:
YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 10:17 PM   #27
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Good attitude! No wonder we like you so much here!

Thanks.............are we still doing the tatoos at creedfest?
Old 01-01-2003, 10:19 PM   #28
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
Thanks.............are we still doing the tatoos at creedfest?

Hell yeah!!!!!!! How long are you staying?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-01-2003, 10:28 PM   #29
franrn
USER INFO »
jenrn, getting a tattoo?
Old 01-01-2003, 10:31 PM   #30
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by franrn