++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-02-2004, 06:46 PM   #76
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
This is Mark's baby so you would expect him to be the creative force but i'm sure Myles is having some input. I hope in subsequent albums that Myles has far more input in the writing of the songs. It was always going to be this way because of the audition process and by the time Myles was chosen a lot of the songs were probably already written in full. I hope its more democratic next time around and Brian and Scott also help in the writing process.

The flexiblity Myles provides really excites me, listen to two songs on Second Skin "Backslide" and "White Flag", the man can solo! We have a guitar teacher who just happens to have one of the better voices in rock today. MF4 drummer Zia is also top notch.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:30 PM   #77
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Well, when I was at the rehearsal there were roughly 30 songs listed on the boards. All of which have been written by Mark. But I would think that if Myles brought something to a song that maybe Mark wasn't expecting, or hadn't thought of, he'd be pretty open to it.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:13 AM   #78
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) Well, when I was at the rehearsal there were roughly 30 songs listed on the boards. All of which have been written by Mark. But I would think that if Myles brought something to a song that maybe Mark wasn't expecting, or hadn't thought of, he'd be pretty open to it.

that is probably true, next album i think will be more of a songwriting partnership. was there much talking between songs? does myles interact with the crowd much? this is wicked we have two guys in this band who can weild an axe (one obviously better then the other) i guess myles won't be doing much besides this for the next few months but i wonder what his plans are? will MF4 contiue after a few years of not doing much, will he do a solo album? looking at Scott's and Myle's respective lyrics to me it seems fairly clear that scott does far more reading then Myles does. sorry shouldn't compare but i just can't help it! somebody spank me! ladies? LMAO
Old 04-03-2004, 08:51 AM   #79
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: was there much talking between songs? does myles interact with the crowd much?

Not till the very end of the rehearsal. Myles started to talk a little bit. But not much. I was expecting a real rehearsal; you know, a lot of stopping and starting. But it was really more of a showcase as Michael said. So they went from one song to the next. But it wasn't a concert either, so the guys weren't exactly "demonstrative". They basically just got down to business, got frustrated with the sound, etc., did their best to showcase their stuff, then Myles thanked everyone for coming. And people casually hung around, and then slowly made their way out.

that was pretty much it.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:18 PM   #80
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) dudes... you're here because you're Creed fans, not only a member fan.

Stop saying/acting like Creed sucked or that the new band is way better than Creed... you didn't even listened to them yet.

Thank you Marc!!! You always say such a smart things!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-03-2004, 02:18 PM   #81
rainfall
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) Thank you Marc!!! You always say such a smart things!
thats right, but it is ok to praise certain people or aspects that we see to be extordinary, doesn't mean that we are not fans of all of them, including scott who seems to be the only member of creed not involved in this new project.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:10 PM   #82
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rainfall) thats right, but it is ok to praise certain people or aspects that we see to be extordinary, doesn't mean that we are not fans of all of them, including scott who seems to be the only member of creed not involved in this new project.

Myles is okay, but I think Scott is SO much better!! SO, SO, SO, SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #83
rainfall
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) Myles is okay, but I think Scott is SO much better!! SO, SO, SO, SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!

Thats cool, I like Scott to but everyone has their different preferences for different reasons.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:21 PM   #84
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I have just one question... Is it just hearsaying or did Flip's mom say that Myles is the one that is the new singer?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-03-2004, 10:56 PM   #85
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) I have just one question... Is it just hearsaying or did Flip's mom say that Myles is the one that is the new singer?

yes she posted that at fliponline!
Old 04-03-2004, 11:02 PM   #86
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
rockgoddess in second skin myles weilds his axe a bit, can we expect that on this album or will he guitar be more in a support role for Mark? I guess the former won't happen. You said Flip has come into his own, how so? Is he more of a power drummer, some drum solos, different timings and so on? Any runs from Brian? sorry too many questions? Everyone should listen to MF4's "Believe" Myles's solo there is top notch!
Old 04-04-2004, 05:07 AM   #87
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) some drum solos

Oh, I'd loooooove that!!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-04-2004, 05:52 AM   #88
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) Oh, I'd loooooove that!!!

hehe i'ld love to see it all guitar solos (of course), Myles holding to notes for an eternity, runs from Marshall, drum solos the works! only one or two songs otherwise it will sound Metallicish with a singer who can wail.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:57 AM   #89
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) hehe i'ld love to see it all guitar solos (of course), Myles holding to notes for an eternity, runs from Marshall, drum solos the works! only one or two songs otherwise it will sound Metallicish with a singer who can wail.

But a drum solo would be really cool. I though about it last night how cool it would be if Flip could put on a kick ass solo live!! And then of course. The worlds best guitarist... MARK TREMONTI!!!!! Can't wait to hear the solos, everyone who have heard those says it's just amazing!! And I'm not doubtfull at all!!!!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-04-2004, 06:38 AM   #90
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) But a drum solo would be really cool. I though about it last night how cool it would be if Flip could put on a kick ass solo live!! And then of course. The worlds best guitarist... MARK TREMONTI!!!!! Can't wait to hear the solos, everyone who have heard those says it's just amazing!! And I'm not doubtfull at all!!!!!

that would be cool i really want to see Flip rip it up and have his name tossed around as one of the better drummers going around. I'm glad I bought Second Skin because Zia Uddin is one of the better drummers going around and delievers some handy back-up vocals to boot. Can't wait to this album drops.......