++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #31
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Hey Alter Bridge fans!

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Just as someday you will see the error of your ways.

lol!!!!!!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 02-28-2006, 08:22 AM   #32
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

I don't think most sane people would claim *not* supporting Stapp is an error. But I don't know. I have never met those fabled "sane" people anyway... lol
Old 02-28-2006, 09:26 AM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »

Perhaps I was referring to the fact that you loathe his music, not necessarily that you loathe the man behind it. God knows it is getting harder and harder to defend Stapp's actions(outside of the music)....actually, I stopped doing that about(looks at the calendar) four months ago.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-28-2006, 03:30 PM   #34
Creed7352
USER INFO »

and here i thought you were being tongue and cheek regarding his error on spelling...lol (he left out a letter or something)
Old 02-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #35
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Perhaps I was referring to the fact that you loathe his music, not necessarily that you loathe the man behind it. God knows it is getting harder and harder to defend Stapp's actions(outside of the music)....actually, I stopped doing that about(looks at the calendar) four months ago.

Well his music is crap too... off his album, only one song is even worht listening to... But seriously. I have a tough time listening to a singer I can't stand. A guitarist or bassist or drummer is different. Their instruments don't use their VOICE, so even if I think a guitarist is a jerk I can usually look past it... but a singer... *shudders*
Old 02-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #36
titan9
USER INFO »

I've just decided to look past his personal issues and just enjoy the music itself. I admit, after the news broke of the tape, I couldn't stand to listen to his music for a couple of days. It just seemed tainted to me. But I eventually came to the conclusion that I can't expect the rock artists/bands that I like to be complete angels on the road. I can't expect them to resist all of the temptations in rock&roll. And even though I may disagree with a lot of the stuff they do on the road, I'm still a fan of the music itself.

I admit, TGD isn't a great album. I'd say it's about on par with Weathered, maybe a little better. But even so, I can pull out the album every once in a while and just enjoy the lyrics and vocals. Even the music isn't that bad. "Justify" is still the best song on that album, imo, but I can enjoy other songs like "Sublime" and even "Let Me Go"(which I hated at first).

Getting things back on track, I'm hoping AB's new CD is better than ODR. My main problem with ODR(and it is a very good debut album) is the ballads(which, if they were better, I wouldn't have a problem with them as I do enjoy occasional ballads). Well, that and the lyrics, which are a bit too simplistic, a bit too generic for me(the ever picky lyricist that I am ). I'm hoping the next album is harder and that Myles does the majority of the lyrics.

Old 02-28-2006, 05:51 PM   #37
bilal
USER INFO »

ODR rules....................... and TGD is a must have for a creed fan............... as simple as that ............
Old 02-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #38
altered
USER INFO »

Ok, here is my opinion, so someone can tear it apart.I liked Creed, never really thought they sounded like anybody,(Pearl Jam etc.) I thought they had there own sound.Made a few really good songs.Never thought alot of Scott, I have been hearing negative things about him forever and am still hearing things for that matter.I really like Alter Bridge, I have loved listening to Myles sing for years, Mark is really coming into to his own now and it shows.They are all really good people.Scotts solo efforts sound like a (much) weaker version of Creed.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #39
altered
USER INFO »

Ok, here is my opinion, so someone can tear it apart.I liked Creed, never really thought they sounded like anybody,(Pearl Jam etc.) I thought they had there own sound.Made a few really good songs.Never thought alot of Scott, I have been hearing negative things about him forever and am still hearing things for that matter.I really like Alter Bridge, I have loved listening to Myles sing for years, Mark is really coming into to his own now and it shows.They are all really good people.Scotts solo efforts sound like a (much) weaker version of Creed.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:03 PM   #40
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Titan, if you like good lyrics why do you like Creed... *rolleyes* heh

But yeah, I am hoping their next album blows ODR out of the water becaues ODR... eh. Three really good songs (FTR, ODR, Metalingus), and a bunch of filler. Even the great songs had mediocre lyrics (save the verses to FTR which were GREAT... I believe Myles wrote those...). Beyond that... I don't mind ballads and softer songs. I really don't. But MARK CAN'T DO THEM!!!! Geez man, you can make riffs, solos, and shred like nobody's business. STICK TO THAT!! Your ballads are... weak.

And Myles needs to write more. Lots more.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:26 PM   #41
facelessmike
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Titan, if you like good lyrics why do you like Creed... *rolleyes* heh

But yeah, I am hoping their next album blows ODR out of the water becaues ODR... eh. Three really good songs (FTR, ODR, Metalingus), and a bunch of filler. Even the great songs had mediocre lyrics (save the verses to FTR which were GREAT... I believe Myles wrote those...). Beyond that... I don't mind ballads and softer songs. I really don't. But MARK CAN'T DO THEM!!!! Geez man, you can make riffs, solos, and shred like nobody's business. STICK TO THAT!! Your ballads are... weak.

And Myles needs to write more. Lots more.

Mediocre lyrics, sure...but I dont consider anything on ODR filler - its too awesome! Looking forward to Myles having much input on the next album.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:43 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Titan, if you like good lyrics why do you like Creed... *rolleyes* heh

Lol, because I really relate to Creed's lyrics and think Stapp was/is a very talented lyricist. Look at his stuff on MOP and HC. Very good stuff, lyrically, imo. Much better lyrics than a lot of current bands have.

Plus, I think, in some respects, Bono and Stapp are similiar lyrically. Being a big fan of Bono's lyrics(which I think are brilliant), I can appreciate someone who has somewhat similiar lyrics. There are many other reasons for me liking Creed's lyrics so much....I really could go on and on about it, but I'll stop now.

I don't know about anything on ODR being filler, but I can say this: I can easily skip a good amount of the tracks and not feel too guilty about it(like I would feel guilty skipping tracks on U2's Joshua Tree or Creed's MOP, two of my absolute favorite CDs). I can only listen to FTR, ODR, BID, Metalingus, SMS and OYE and feel perfectly content. Likewise, I can do that with TGD....I can only listen to Justify, Fight Song, Hard Way, Surround Me and Broken and feel pretty good about it. But I don't think that makes the tracks I skip filler...I think it just makes them not quite as good as the awesome tracks on the CD.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:15 PM   #43
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Plus, I think, in some respects, Bono and Stapp are similiar lyrically. Being a big fan of Bono's lyrics(which I think are brilliant), I can appreciate someone who has somewhat similiar lyrics. There are many other reasons for me liking Creed's lyrics so much....I really could go on and on about it, but I'll stop now.

This is why I love you Titan...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #44
Finaldecision
USER INFO »

Of course Mark can write ballads. Lyrically as well as musicially I! Look at Broken Wings: Incredible and very beautiful guitarintro; wonderful lyrics!

Last edited by Finaldecision : 03-02-2006 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #45
altered
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessmike) Mediocre lyrics, sure...but I dont consider anything on ODR filler - its too awesome! Looking forward to Myles having much input on the next album.
1. The next cd will be harder and heavier 2.Myles will have alot more input as far as lyrics 3.Myles will play more guitar 4.Marks solos will be crazzzy.