++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-12-2004, 12:10 AM   #31
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Don't snatch up the good "fan site" URLs so I can have a good name for my site ... unless of course you want me to make the official one heh

you'd do a better job probably!!

If they attempt a BB..one word...DISASTER.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:35 AM   #32
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Ahhh...i can see it now, www.onlyonescottnow.com ! i got first dibs on that bad boy!

Unless of course their new lead singer is named scott...then its BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me

Last edited by tremonti4life04 : 04-12-2004 at 12:37 AM. Reason: LEFT SOMETHING OUT
Old 04-12-2004, 12:51 AM   #33
Echelon122
USER INFO »
The singers name is Myles

around a long time.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:02 AM   #34
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
WOW, this is the best news yet!! I am so excited now, I can't wait. And I am really excited about the name, I wonder what it will be.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) I heard Kurzweg was NOT going to produce them.
Cool, I think that's great, at least they will have a change, hopefully this next one will be a kick ass producer, but it sounds like this will be.

Awesome news...
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-12-2004, 02:04 AM   #35
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
I am not sure if they should have a BB up. They should give it a try, though.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:10 AM   #36
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) The singers name is Myles

ok, How is it that everyone is sooo certain that it is myles kennedy...i want some solid evidence!
and if it is Myles Kennedy....
How do you know his MIDDLE name isnt scott? Huh?

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-12-2004, 02:13 AM   #37
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) ok, How is it that everyone is sooo certain that it is myles kennedy...i want some solid evidence!

Flip's mom posts at the Flip Online boards and she has been using the name "Myles" when referring to the leadsinger.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:33 AM   #38
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
lol Flips mum...I don't know but for some reason I just find that funny

Anyway, it better be Myles, he's hot and from what I've heard he sounds like he's got a nice voice...
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-12-2004, 02:33 AM   #39
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) lol Flips mum...I don't know but for some reason I just find that funny

Anyway, it better me Myles, he's hot and from what I've heard he sounds like he's got a nice voice...

Hasn't Brian Marshall's mom posted on this board?
Old 04-12-2004, 02:46 AM   #40
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
man o man, i cannot wait
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 04-12-2004, 02:48 AM   #41
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) ok, How is it that everyone is sooo certain that it is myles kennedy...i want some solid evidence!

all the sings...that people were asking about the MAyfield 4 months back, that it's been hinted at and confirmed by people who have MET Myles as well as Flip's mom.

I don't remember what his middle name is, but I'm sure it's not Scott LOL

Go here Mayfield Four Site

go to the music area and listen to some clips. He's got great range, a trained voice, and POWER behind it!!! *thud*

around a long time.

Last edited by Echelon122 : 04-12-2004 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:57 AM   #42
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
ive been to that site..i dont think they mention whats goin on...? maybe they have and i just missed it.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 04-12-2004, 02:58 AM   #43
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Hmmm....wonder what scott stapps mom is up to, she never posted. Another thing, we are all HUGE creed fans apparently (excuse me for stating the obvious...i thought i should point that out tho in case anyone forgot ) So why is it that we dont talk much about scott stapps solo album...Like, Is it just gonna be 7 Aralius (spelling) doing beats on his album, or is he going to be backed by a band as well...i believe that 7 is a producer, not a DJ. Its kind of weird when you think about creed splitting into different paths. Like, when you hear something that sounds like a cool guitar lick in the background of a stapp song, instinct would make you think mark was there with him. This is certainly going to be different, and i hope every member of creed does an awesome job, but on a deeper level, i really hope neither side hits the fame that Creed did, because maybe that would make them think more about getting back together, ya know? This isnt TremontiFeed, StappFeed, FlipFeed, MarshallFeed, or HestlaFeed...This is CREEDFEED! Of course, everyone has their favorite member of Creed, but who on here can say that they didnt like creed as a whole? And without Creed, what really are we...like...i dunno, something similar to a van halen fan site, praising a band that broke up? We need creed to survive! There have been too many awesome bands that have split up, and i KNOW FOR SURE THAT I DONT WANT CREED TO BE AMONG THE RANKS!!!!! Its just something to think about, I really miss creed. I would love to see Stapps solo project go on tour with tremonti's solo project..then have a little creed go on at the end of the show...i know, wishful thinking...but maybe somewhere out there Michael is listening, reporting this to his bro...You never know, maybe someday a member of creed will post on here. I would love to speak directly to one of them!!!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-12-2004, 03:18 AM   #44
Echelon122
USER INFO »
So start another thread to talk about Stapp's project LOL

There's apparently a fan site or BB of Mayfield Four that HAS updated about new things and also confirms Myles as the new singer, but I have never see it, only read about it. But that Sony Site has links to Mayfield Four music, so if people want to hear what Myles sounds like...that's the place.

Quote: Hmmm....wonder what scott stapps mom is up to, she never posted.

Probably spending time with her family? going about her life. *shrug*

I still say start another thread to discuss this stuff....but since it's here
Quote: Another thing, we are all HUGE creed fans apparently (excuse me for stating the obvious...i thought i should point that out tho in case anyone forgot ) So why is it that we dont talk much about scott stapps solo album...Like, Is it just gonna be 7 Aralius (spelling) doing beats on his album, or is he going to be backed by a band as well...i believe that 7 is a producer, not a DJ.

I don't talk about it much, cause I'm honestly not AS interested at this point. A vague idea of what it sounds like, some good feedback from WU reps about it...that's about it....I"m not "snagged" at all at this point. I'm interested to see how the actual music comes out though.

Quote: Its kind of weird when you think about creed splitting into different paths. Like, when you hear something that sounds like a cool guitar lick in the background of a stapp song, instinct would make you think mark was there with him.

I'm not sure Stapp's sound will be all that much the same though. If he's going to stick with the "Doors/zep but with more bass" sound...then it won't be like Creed, and I won't think "Mark et al"

Quote: This is certainly going to be different, and i hope every member of creed does an awesome job, but on a deeper level, i really hope neither side hits the fame that Creed did, because maybe that would make them think more about getting back together, ya know?

I personally think they will both have success. I think Stapp will have more "immediate" success, because he does have the NAME advantage. However, I think The New Band will have bigger success. It's my gut feeling. Music needs another driving ROCK band out there, and I think this new band will fill that void.

And the 2nd point....at a point last fall, I felt the same way. But since then, I"m more convinced than EVER that TNB will have huge success. I don't see a reunion in the cards....not for a VERY long time.

Quote: This isnt TremontiFeed, StappFeed, FlipFeed, MarshallFeed, or HestlaFeed...This is CREEDFEED! Of course, everyone has their favorite member of Creed, but who on here can say that they didnt like creed as a whole?

Well, since the Tremo/Flip/Marshall/Kennedy band has some news going, that's kinda what things will center around for a while. Or it's whatever people wanna discuss. Wanna talk Stapp, start a thread to talk about him. Same for the others.

Brett's producing bands in the Orlando area.

Quote: And without Creed, what really are we...like...i dunno, something similar to a van halen fan site, praising a band that broke up?

Nothing wrong with remembering what lead to where we are now, and honoring that. Without Creed, TNB (the new band) and STapp's new solo carreer wouldn't be happening. They wouldn't even be IN a position to do this stuff had it not been for Creed. I don't think people can easily forget that.

Quote: We need creed to survive! There have been too many awesome bands that have split up, and i KNOW FOR SURE THAT I DONT WANT CREED TO BE AMONG THE RANKS!!!!! Its just something to think about, I really miss creed.

But would you want the music and such to suffer? Forcing people together who don't want to be only hurts the music and the overall band in the end.

Creed HAS Split up. Right now, they need to go their own ways. I'd rather endure a LONG Break and a hope of reconciliation down the road, than a forced "gotta do it cause the lable wants or the fans want it".

I Miss Creed too...but there are the memories and friendships that will remain.

Quote: I would love to see Stapps solo project go on tour with tremonti's solo project..then have a little creed go on at the end of the show...i know, wishful thinking...but maybe somewhere out there Michael is listening, reporting this to his bro...You never know, maybe someday a member of creed will post on here. I would love to speak directly to one of them!!!

And then sell tickets to a boxing match at the end. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. Two totally different projects, different sounds, different goals I'm sure.

Again, there's LOTS of stuff that most people don't even know about that have lead to this, and really, it's a GOOD THING this break at this point in time. I wished for NOTHING More last year than for Creed to come ROARING back after all the Chicago crap and just smack EVERYONE down with a kick ass album and tour.
But I had to face that the total opposite was also possible. IN that case "Thanks for the memories. I"m sad, but I'll always have my concert memories and friends, and for that I will forever be thankful. Thank you for the music, for the memories and for the good times. Best of luck in the future, and maybe someday that magic will be back."

I still hold onto that as distant hope, because I hope that, even if it takes 10+ years to happen, things can be healed. But right now, As long as they're happy doing the things they're doing...as a Fan, I'm happy for them.

around a long time.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:17 AM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Right on, Echelon!!!! We have to deal with the here and now. I'm just happy both of them are still working in music. I look forward to whatever they are doing separately. If they get back together, and that would rule, but if they don't, so be it, as disappointed as I will be. At least I have my memories and the friggin AWESOME friends this band has brought me. I can't EVER thank them enough for that.

*edited because DS is several sheets to the wind *