++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-07-2002, 04:47 PM   #1
CreedJeff
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed Phoenix Review, Etc.

Hello everyone,
Just thought that I would take a few minutes to share some details of last nights show in Phoenix. First let me say that this was my 7th show of this tour and my 14th show overall, so I think you could say that I Love this band!

So, here it is: Our Lady Peace had a terrific set, mixing old songs with the new stuff, so there was something for everyone. Then out came Creed. They played the same set everyone on this board is very familiar with, except they would not play DSD or Stand Here With Me on this night.Scott looked like he was feeling alright and sounded excellent, and the rest of the guys played with a terrific energy that was definetly felt throught the night(especially for those of us in the Pit). The one thing that I noticed in Scott's brief commentary before some of the songs is that he really sounds troubled and confused, I really do understand why, and I hope that during the break next year he can get everything in his life going in the right direction. Anyway, just to mention some of the highlights of the show from my point of view. Weathered took on a whole new life, with the absolute passion that Scott put into the song, WOW! Of course Higher and My Sacrifice were incredible and brought the house down.

The venue which seats approximately 19500 including the Lawn area looked to be at least 3/4 full as I looked back from the Pit, so I thought this was a good sized crowd compared to what I have read about lately.

Well anyway, to sum it all up. The show was very good, not the best I've been to, but powerfull as always!

Now for a little commentary from me(keep in mind that I am not bashing, just maybe a little bit of a wish list). Please play Faceless Man more often, one or two shows every six months just isn't enough and Please vary the set list(not by eliminating songs). I know his voice is not 100%, but it has been this way for 4 years. Well I guess that was my rant thank you everyone for listening, and I hope to meet you all next tour.

Jeff
Old 12-07-2002, 04:53 PM   #2
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Wow, sounds like you have been busy with concerts, thanks for the review.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:31 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks for the great review, CreedJeff. I really hope he and the band take a good long rest after this. I'm going to the Philly show on NYE and agree that Faceless Man should be played more often. It seems they stopped doing DSD and SHWM soon after Scott's voice troubles. SHWM is very demanding on the throat, so maybe that's why it's been cut out. And because he's had some trouble of late, maybe those songs are just too upbeat for his mood. Was the set shorter then, or did they replace those songs? Just curious.

And welcome to the board!
Old 12-07-2002, 11:34 PM   #4
CreedJeff
USER INFO »
Hello again,

The set was shortened by those two songs and thus the encore was only two songs.See ya!
Old 12-07-2002, 11:47 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ok, thanks.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:53 PM   #6
Read JDM
USER INFO »
It sounds like Scott is still under duress, but it would seem he's pulled himself together, to some extent, as if he sees the finish line now and he knows there's only a few shows to go till the big break. I hope that's the case.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:16 AM   #7
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Thanks for the review Creedjeff...it was somewhat uplifting give all the negative comments I've read lately. I agree with you about varying the play list. I would love to hear more of the older stuff from MOP and Human Clay. I miss Wrong Way, and Little Sister...I love those songs!
Old 12-08-2002, 01:28 AM   #8
souldancer
USER INFO »
Thank for the review! Can;t wait to hear from Luvscott too...I am so grateful to have heard Faceless Man, now I am greedy and want to hear Illusion!
Old 12-08-2002, 01:46 AM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh, man. Illusion would rock live. I LOVE that song!
Old 12-09-2002, 05:45 PM   #10
*TREMONTIGIRL*
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to *TREMONTIGIRL* Send a message via Yahoo to *TREMONTIGIRL*
HEY I WAS THERE TOO!!!! I HAVE TO SAY THIS BEING MY SECOND CREED CONCERT, THE FIRST IN THE LAWN ((((HUMAN CLAY)))) THIS WAS THE MOST AMAZING CONCERT EVER!!!!!! I HAD SUCH A BLAST!!!!!! WHERE WERE YOU????? I WAS IN THE PIT RIGHT IN FRONT OF TREMONTI!!!! OHHH ONE MORE QUESTION DIDN'T THEY PLAY FACELESS MAN????
Old 12-09-2002, 05:52 PM   #11
CreedJeff
USER INFO »
No, they did not play Faceless Man(unfortunately) and I was between the catwalk and Tremonti toward the back of the Pit.