++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 01:32 AM   #31
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) if by bringing good rock with a positive message is degrading God then yes he degraded to the high order. if you are referring to the blaspheming in What's This Life For I don't really like that but there is far worse in the music world and that includes so called "pseudo-christian" rock bands. again with the vedder singing style, will you please stop saying that?

If Stapp is going to promote this "positive message" stuff, that's fine, but you have to walk the walk. Stapp didn't. And I think he betrayed Creed fans big time when Chicago happened along with the array of subsequent lies/excuses. I can forgive the guy, but that doesn't mean I have to respect him.

I'm a Christian, and I never considered Creed to be a "Christian band." They are/were a secular band that just happened to have decent (i.e. nonvulgar) lyrics. However, I don't think any of the members of Creed (especially Scott Stapp) desire to live a life based on the teachings of Christ.

Furthermore, I think his voice is totally shot. Back during MOP and much of HC he had a very good voice. During Weathered, it was just not there at all. And people are correct to say Stapp sounded like Vedder. However, their music sounds NOTHING like PJ...

Anyway, personally I'm glad Alter Bridge is essentially Creed minus Stapp. All those guys are really talented. My only hope is that they keep their lyrics clean so I can enjoy their music... and I also hope they don't go bland and commercial like Creed did after HC.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 05-02-2004, 01:32 AM   #32
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) No It was never blaspheming No they wont stop saying it because thier Fricking Morons

"Fricking morons"? I think you're the fricking moron if you can't even respond to my statements or even my questions. Learn to debate or hold your position with actual evidence or support and then get back to me.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:34 AM   #33
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) If Stapp is going to promote this "positive message" stuff, that's fine, but you have to walk the walk. Stapp didn't. And I think he betrayed Creed fans big time when Chicago happened along with the array of subsequent lies/excuses. I can forgive the guy, but that doesn't mean I have to respect him.

I'm a Christian, and I never considered Creed to be a "Christian band." They are/were a secular band that just happened to have decent (i.e. nonvulgar) lyrics. However, I don't think any of the members of Creed (especially Scott Stapp) desire to live a life based on the teachings of Christ.

Furthermore, I think his voice is totally shot. Back during MOP and much of HC he had a very good voice. During Weathered, it was just not there at all. And people are correct to say Stapp sounded like Vedder. However, their music sounds NOTHING like PJ...

Anyway, personally I'm glad Alter Bridge is essentially Creed minus Stapp. All those guys are really talented. My only hope is that they keep their lyrics clean so I can enjoy their music... and I also hope they don't go bland and commercial like Creed did after HC.

I have to agree with you on all of what you said. Rock on!
Old 05-02-2004, 01:38 AM   #34
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) If Stapp is going to promote this "positive message" stuff, that's fine, but you have to walk the walk. Stapp didn't. And I think he betrayed Creed fans big time when Chicago happened along with the array of subsequent lies/excuses. I can forgive the guy, but that doesn't mean I have to respect him.

he who is without sin cast the first stone.......

There were some very good things that Stapp did such as his involvement in WAWOF. With a couple of years break it is plausible that his voice is close to what it was in 98. Having a voice similar to someone is far different to ripping someone off.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:41 AM   #35
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
saying what i said i am very dissapointed in the chicago incident and its aftermath even though i don't know the full story. its too simplistic to take sides and then portray one as angels and the other as the devil.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:47 AM   #36
creedsister
USER INFO »

Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-02-2004, 01:48 AM   #37
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) he who is without sin cast the first stone.......

There were some very good things that Stapp did such as his involvement in WAWOF. With a couple of years break it is plausible that his voice is close to what it was in 98. Having a voice similar to someone is far different to ripping someone off.

He uses Eddie Vedder's infamous underbite. He stole his singing style, but not his voice. I just don't like Scott Stapp's singing really. Eddie Vedder is all right as well.

Just because he had a lot of time off, doesn't really mean he'll sing good. And if so, good luck to him.

If Mark and the guys were still with Stapp, they'd still be writing radio-friendly, Christian appealing songs, as we speak!
Old 05-02-2004, 01:50 AM   #38
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) he who is without sin cast the first stone.......

I'm not condemning Scott Stapp as a sinner. Let me tell you, I've committed plenty of sins in my lifetime. I'm saying that he failed to take responsibility for himself during that drunken incident. That was wrong, just as I've been wrong about things in the past.

True Christianity is about being humble and doing the correct things even when people are not watching. Establishing a charity is certainly good, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're acting in a Christ-like manner (read Matthew 6:1-4).

I'll let God judge his eternal soul, but I think it's pretty clear that what he did during and after Chicago was just plain wrong. In any case, let me clarify I don't hate Stapp. If I were to meet him, I'd be very kind to him. I just think the band is better off without him.

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 05-02-2004 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:53 AM   #39
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) I'm not condemning Scott Stapp as a sinner. Let me tell you, I've committed plenty of sins in my lifetime. I'm saying that he failed to take responsibility for himself during that drunken incident. That was wrong, just as I've been wrong about things in the past.

True Christianity is about being humble and doing the correct things even when people are not watching. Establishing a charity is certainly good, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're acting in a Christ-like manner. Reading Matthew 6:1-8 gives you a good idea about the correct manner in which we should be giving to the needy.

Anyway, Scott has said he doesn't consider himself a Christian, so I don't see anything wrong with saying he's not.
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-02-2004, 02:08 AM   #40
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister)

Get out of this thread if you're only going to act like an idiot. Support your position. I hate stupid people!
Old 05-02-2004, 02:08 AM   #41
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) He uses Eddie Vedder's infamous underbite. He stole his singing style, but not his voice. I just don't like Scott Stapp's singing really. Eddie Vedder is all right as well.

Just because he had a lot of time off, doesn't really mean he'll sing good. And if so, good luck to him.

If Mark and the guys were still with Stapp, they'd still be writing radio-friendly, Christian appealing songs, as we speak!

and who developed that singing style before Vedder? one J.Morrison if I am not mistaken.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:10 AM   #42
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) and who developed that singing style before Vedder? one J.Morrison if I am not mistaken.

The under-bite? Not likely. Jim Morrison was a great singer. If they all used the same singing style then they'd sound very alike, but they don't. That's between Eddie Vedder and Scott Stapp.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:10 AM   #43
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Get out of this thread if you're only going to act like an idiot. Support your position. I hate stupid people!

Ehh... be kind there my friend... cool down

- "What If", Creed
Old 05-02-2004, 02:11 AM   #44
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Ehh... be kind there my friend... cool down

These Stapp-lovers can't hold up a decent argument.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:14 AM   #45
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) He uses Eddie Vedder's infamous underbite. He stole his singing style, but not his voice. I just don't like Scott Stapp's singing really. Eddie Vedder is all right as well.

wait a sec infamous underbite? i didn't realise eddie had become charles manson although in the current political climate he almost was after daring to go against the current line the media pushed and those fools in hickland. actually eddie is someone who's voice isn't what it used to be as well. it didn't go down to the up and down levels of scott circa the later stages of the weathered tour (he still has one of the best voices in rock let me make that clear) but he can't do those courdouray grunts anymore like he used to.

mark was writing the music so if its radio friendly the blame has to be shared. oh no its catchy music that lots of people like, you almost sound like an indie snob. fight fight fight
Closed Thread