++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-29-2003, 04:50 PM   #1
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Arrested---fake Mark.

This was just in.....YUK can you imagine the women who didn't come forward??
Clearwater police arrest man who posed as Creed guitarist

The Associated Press

A man who had people on Clearwater Beach believing they were socializing with the lead guitarist of the rock band Creed is under arrest after police say he used his claim to fame for hotel charges and to steal a woman's credit card.

Over the past few weeks, a man staying at beach hotels claiming to be Mark Tremonti, the lead guitarist of the rock band Creed, has handed out and autographed copies of publicity photos and attracted crowds of fans at beach bars.

Police said the man turned out to be a Kevin Eckenrod, a nomadic 40-year-old who has racked up more than 60 arrests in Florida over the last decade, many for scamming and swindling.

Eckenrod, who has more than 30 aliases, was being held Tuesday in the Pinellas County Jail on $20,000 bail on charges of fraudulent use of a credit card and scheming to defraud. The public defender's office had no immediate comment Tuesday.

Police arrested Eckenrod Sunday as he stood in the middle of a crowd signing autographs. Eckenrod does have a slight resemblance to Tremonti, though he is 11 years older than the guitarist.

"The crowd thought it was him," Clearwater Officer Chris Ziermann said. "I think they were kind of taken aback that he wasn't from Creed."

When police arrested Eckenrod, they say he told officers: "It's my hustle. I am a stone-cold alcoholic and it's my way of getting my drinks and a place to stay," a police report said.

He later told police: "This is getting old, but you have to admit I do look like the guy from Creed."

Clearwater officers first encountered him April 9 after an employee at the Adams Mark Hotel grew suspicious when Eckenrod persuaded a bartender to charge $160 in food and drink to a room.

He spent 13 days in jail before pleading no contest to defrauding an innkeeper and obstruction. He was sentenced to six months of probation and ordered to repay the hotel.

The night of his release from jail, he was back on the beach signing autographs for a group gathered around him.

A woman who later invited him to her home told police Eckenrod took her credit card from her back pocket while he was kissing her. Sunday, she spotted Eckenrod at a restaurant and called police.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 04-29-2003, 05:01 PM   #2
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Whodawhat! Now that is just wrong What a wankerGlad they caught that jerkoff
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-29-2003, 05:06 PM   #3
Agent D
USER INFO »
Oh, brother. I am also glad they arrested that jackass.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:11 PM   #4
musicsaves
USER INFO »
OMG, I wonder if Mark knows...
...The boy could play he knew how to move, everything, so sweet and tru, always wanting more he'd leave you longing for, black velvet and that little boy's smile, black velvet and that slow southern style, a knew religion that will bring you to your knees, black velvet, if you please.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:25 PM   #5
Marty
USER INFO »
I bet Mark is flattered, I would be. I'd be a bit scared too.
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:27 PM   #6
njcreedite
USER INFO »
I think he'd be freaked out and a bit angry. This guys making him look bad. I wonder if this guy really looks like him. I wonder if there is a pic somewhere.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 04-29-2003, 10:10 PM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'd be freaked out too, I'm already freaked out.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-29-2003, 10:15 PM   #8
JenRN
USER INFO »
People are freakin crazy! That guy sounds like a TOTAL looser Yeah that is all they need is some crazy ass stalker guy who thinks he is Mark!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-29-2003, 10:17 PM   #9
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I think Mark should sue:devil: j/k
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 04-29-2003, 11:18 PM   #10
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
I'd like to see a picture too...Cuz if he doesn't really look like Mark, there are a bunch of REALLY stupid people out there, especially if they're Creed fans...We "true" Creed fans would have known right away it wasn't him, and the guy's 11 years older than Mark...oh come on people, get a clue!! )

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 04-29-2003, 11:25 PM   #11
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Sweet Geeeeezzzzzz...
Somebody pretending to be Mark....and the chick who had her credit card stolen...duh, dumb chica...Mark is married..and still a newlywed so why in the hell would he be in a bar picking up on stupid easy women??

Of course maybe I should be careful here cause I would say that beautiful man could pick me up ANYTIME...and then I would be easy but never dumb...hehehe:lol: :lol: :lol:
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 04-29-2003, 11:28 PM   #12
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by goddess_bb
Sweet Geeeeezzzzzz...
   Somebody pretending to be Mark....and the chick who had her credit card stolen...duh, dumb chica...Mark is married..and still a newlywed so why in the hell would he be in a bar picking up on stupid easy women??  

Of course maybe I should be careful here cause I would say that beautiful man could pick me up ANYTIME...and then I would be easy but never dumb...hehehe:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 04-30-2003, 08:55 AM   #13
Marty
USER INFO »
I would be freaked out too, and a bit angry as well, but I'd also laugh out loud because, I mean if you are famous enough for people to pretend they are you...
________
AlishaAndJack live

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:03 AM   #14
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Oh my gosh you guys, that is insane. What a weirdo. We need to be on the lookout for Kevin Eckenrod in Orlando. If we run into Mark while we are down we need to ask, are you sure you aren't Kevin Eckenrod? LMAO! I think we know enough about them to tell if it's him or not. Those beach people were just "Regular" Fans. LOL. I bet Mark is laughing his ass off about it. I would be freaked, but laughing at the same time, too.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:11 AM   #15
Sheila63
USER INFO »
LOL!!! I know what you mean, Carrie!! But you're right, we'd know if it was really Mark or not if we saw him and not this guy impersonating him. Unbelievable!! I'm with Jen, some people are crazy!

Relearn Love