++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-25-2005, 10:10 AM   #1
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
RE: Closed thread

Because my opinions are different, that's what it always comes down to here, having disgusting insults flung in my direction and the thread locked. I have a clear and complete understanding of how things work now.

You can delete this one, or lock it as well.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #2
Trimontana
USER INFO »
I think Steve took the right decision locking the other thread. I am a member of Proach board and lots of threads are locked for much less reason that this one. I think that's enough and as Teri said we were going nowhere. Who doesnt like AB can make an anti AB-board and get over there all the polemic. Thats enough at least i am fed up to listen shit about the guys.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:29 AM   #3
fluttergirl
USER INFO »

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-25-2005, 11:18 AM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
funny that it's the same 2 or 3 people that cause trouble on 1000+ members board.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:21 AM   #5
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Who said that it was pointless in the first place? ME. Ok, i am done, i just thought i would say that to indulge in self-satisfaction.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #6
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Trimontana...calm down and try to put away the temper...there will be people in this world that have different opinions than you or anyone else do..and you are going to have to deal with it the rest of your life...and what is it they say...today is the first day of the rest of your life? Deal with it.

the other thread was closed, no surprise there...the "subject" of an apology and stapp was brought up...some people see it differently than others...some people can deal with these differences in opinion, others can't...opinions then become points of contention.

Closing threads does smell of censorship...but then again as we all know, and are expected to accept if we want to comment on anything...it's Steve's board....he'll do what he wants with it, and it doesn't matter if we agree with it or not. This happens so much over here now, heck...it's not unexpected anymore...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 01-25-2005 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:25 AM   #7
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) funny that it's the same 2 or 3 people that cause trouble on 1000+ members board.
and its their only posts too.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #8
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Because my opinions are different, that's what it always comes down to here, having disgusting insults flung in my direction and the thread locked. I have a clear and complete understanding of how things work now.

You can delete this one, or lock it as well.

Disgusting insults flung at you? You posted flat out lies about me. I
have never once boasted that I was in posession of salacious gossip and that all you had to do was pm me for the details. You claim I have done it many times on this board? Prove it. You won't be able to because it's a lie. And you know it.

edited for typos
Old 01-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #9
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Like Marcos said, it is pretty funny that all the problems recently are stemming from the same people. Kind of ironic, is it not?

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Because my opinions are different, that's what it always comes down to here, having disgusting insults flung in my direction and the thread locked. I have a clear and complete understanding of how things work now.

Well I must have glossed over these "disgusting insults" but irregardless of that, if you want to feel that the thread was closed because of you and your difference of opinions - if that makes you feel better - then so be it. However the thread was closed because it was going nowhere. 9 pages of comments and nothing was solved.

And I'm not stupid either. You can badmouth me or my site all you want, but keep it at the vh1 boards.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Alusion) Closing threads does smell of censorship...but then again as we all know, and are expected to accept if we want to comment on anything...it's Steve's board....he'll do what he wants with it, and it doesn't matter if we agree with it or not. This happens so much over here now, heck...it's not unexpected anymore...

Please show me where "this happens so much." Link to the threads that have been closed, or describe the ones that were removed. I can only think of two that were done so in the last month other than obvious troll threads or spam threads. (And I looked it up. In case you didn't know, vBulletin logs every moderator action. Only 2.) But since you know more than I do, enlighten me.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-25-2005, 12:32 PM   #10
titan9
USER INFO »
Well, this is pretty much the reason I stopped posting in that thread around the 4th page. If you don't agree with the majority, be prepared to have your opinions challenged. And bashed on occasion. And it seems kinda pointless to defend your views. Everybody's entitled to their opinion, unfortunately not everyone can accept that.(that everyone has a right to their opinion)

I don't think I'm one of those "3 people" who only post to bash Alter Bridge. I'm a big AB fan, but for once I found myself arguing in defense of Stapp, in a sense. I don't think I bashed AB at all in my posts. I really only said that I wished they'd stop bashing Stapp. That's what I, personally, viewed it as. They said practically the same thing, interview after interview, about Stapp although they worded it more and more negatively each time. I'm just ready to move on and when I read an AB interview, I'd like to see them talking about the future(Alter Bridge) and not the past.(Creed/Stapp) I realize that the media is most to blame that they are still talking about Stapp/Creed, but I also realize that they could say "hey, we've talked about Creed/Stapp enough, let's talk about something else, something involving our current band." That's really been my whole point. I'm not bashing AB, don't take it like that. I'm done with these threads because, again, it seems pointless to continually defend my opinion when those who disagree will never agree with my opinion on this.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-25-2005, 01:40 PM   #11
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: Trimontana...calm down and try to put away the temper...there will be people in this world that have different opinions than you or anyone else do..and you are going to have to deal with it the rest of your life...and what is it they say...today is the first day of the rest of your life? Deal with it.

ANN please, ignore me like i do myself already with some people over here. Thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 03:15 PM   #12
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Trimontana...calm down and try to put away the temper...there will be people in this world that have different opinions than you or anyone else do..and you are going to have to deal with it the rest of your life...and what is it they say...today is the first day of the rest of your life? Deal with it.

the other thread was closed, no surprise there...the "subject" of an apology and stapp was brought up...some people see it differently than others...some people can deal with these differences in opinion, others can't...opinions then become points of contention.

Closing threads does smell of censorship...but then again as we all know, and are expected to accept if we want to comment on anything...it's Steve's board....he'll do what he wants with it, and it doesn't matter if we agree with it or not. This happens so much over here now, heck...it's not unexpected anymore...

Why is it censorship here but at PBF it's called keeping the board safe for all members (which IMHO is the board owners rights)? Just asking the question.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:16 PM   #13
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
This is EXACTLY why I didn't touch that thread. We have no problems until the Stapp supporters show up in the AB forum. This is coming from a FORMER Stapp fan, hell, he's the reason I was originally drawn to Creed!

The facts speak for themselves. Stapp's silence speaks even louder.

ROCK ON, Alter Bridge... Can't wait to see ya in Chicago on Friday.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:30 PM   #14
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) This is EXACTLY why I didn't touch that thread. We have no problems until the Stapp supporters show up in the AB forum. This is coming from a FORMER Stapp fan, hell, he's the reason I was originally drawn to Creed!

The facts speak for themselves. Stapp's silence speaks even louder.

ROCK ON, Alter Bridge... Can't wait to see ya in Chicago on Friday.

Have fun on Friday man...
ROCK ON.....AB FOREVER!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:30 PM   #15
Chase
USER INFO »
Here's what I think is happening: When you defend Stapp, people turn it into an anti-AB issue. That's not the case at all. I'm a huge AB fan... I've seen them live and I thought that they were great. However, just because I haven't jumped on the "Stapp Bashing Bandwagon" that automatically makes me anti-AB. I'm not going to stop defending Stapp... or AB or anyone when I feel it is necessary. But when people are kicking Stapp while he's down, I feel the need to help the guy back up because I know when I'm in that situation, I would want people supporting me through the tough times. Stapp needs time to prove himself again. If Tremonti was in this situation I would do the same thing for him. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, I don't know if Stapp was wasted in Chicago, I don't know if Tremonti juices up on steroids. What I do know is that people make mistakes in life and that everyone has the chance to redeem themselves. I think that Scott is trying to do so right now. Scott's actually dealt with this problem before. He wrote a song about it called "Bullets." I think everyone needs to give the lyrics a look again.