++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-26-2008, 05:12 AM   #2341
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

November 26th

"An unshakable kingdom!"

We are receiving the triumphant and glorious victory of God in his Kingdom. We will join with the angels and the saints of old and live with the Father forever in victorious and never-ending joy. But this Kingdom doesn't begin just when Jesus returns. This Kingdom has started now in his Church, his people, those in whom God's will is cherished and obeyed. So our worship should be filled with awe that the holy God of Israel is also the lowly God in Jesus who has redeemed us and made us to be a holy people unto himself.

Since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.

Hebrews 12:28

Heaven

Old 11-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #2342
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Amen And Amen And Amen And Amen

Powerfull Post Post Brother Powerfull Post, So Much Worthy Of Our All Our Praises MUCH MORE THAN WE CAN OVER KNOW, Glory To God, Matt 13,44,49, Further Parables On The Kingdom Again The Kingdom Of Heaven Is Like Unto Treasure Hid In A Field The Which When A Man Hath Found It He Hideth It And For Joy There Of Goeth And Sells All That He Has And Buys That Field Again The Kingdom Of Heaven As Unto A merchant Man Seeking Goodly Pearls Who When He Had Found One Pearl Of Great Price WENT And Sold All He Had And Bought It Again The Kingdom Of Heaven Is Like Unto A Net That Was Cast Into The Sea And Gatherd Of Every Kind Which When It Was Full They Drew To Shore And Sat Down And Gathered The Good Into Vessels But Cast The Bad Away So Shall It be At The End Of The World The Angels Shall Come Forth And Sever The Wicked From Among The Just The Wicked Shall Be Cut Down Has His Kingdom Rises ALL THINGS NEW AGAIN BLESSINGS AND STRENETH KATS
Old 11-27-2008, 08:21 AM   #2343
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Thanksgiving Day 2008

"Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends and family!"

Below are a few selected verses to help focus our hearts and minds with a spirit of Thanksgiving; thanking God for His love, blessings, goodness, protection, and forgiveness. Have a blessed day gang, enjoy your family and friends and say a prayer for those less fortunate for you, while not forgetting to thank God what you are thankful for this day.

Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples. -Psalms 105:1

Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name. -Psalms 100:4

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. -Philippians 4:6

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to Thy name, O Most High; to declare Thy loving-kindness in the morning, and Thy faithfulness by night... For Thou, O Lord, hast made me glad by what Thou hast done, I will sing for joy at the work of Thy hands. How great are Thy works, O Lord! -Psalm 92:1, 4-5

Speak to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father... -Ephesians 5:19-20

I'm including a couple of psalms of praise. Giving thanks is but one aspect of praise and worship. I believe that when we praise Him, when we lift Him up, we bless Him. He in turn blesses us.

Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities; Who heals all your diseases; who redeems your life from the pit; Who crowns you with loving-kindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle. -Psalm 103:1-5

Heaven

Old 11-28-2008, 05:08 AM   #2344
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 28th

"Desire and pray to be searched and proved by his word and Spirit."

The counsel of the Lord should be precious to us all. God holds the sum of all wisdom and knowledge. He is the ground of all common sense. Why wouldn't we want to consult the Lord when we make the important decisions in our lives? Doing less is absurd.

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!

Psalm 139:17

Heaven

Old 11-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #2345
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 29th

"CCC?"

Ahh the Cookie Cutter Christians... Faith in Christ is not just a single step but a life of walking with Him.

Some have tried to make the Christian life more convenient. They choose to practice Christianity on Sunday only. They attend a religious service at whatever church makes them most comfortable. They give a small offering and are nice to fellow churchgoers... nothing that requires much effort on their part. That way they can have the rest of the week to themselves, to live as they please. That would be a convenient Christianity. But we know that following Jesus is a lifestyle and not a Sunday-only convenience.

It’s about living as Jesus calls us to live, daily giving up our plans and purposes for His. A relationship with Him causes us to be concerned with our thoughts, decisions, attitudes, and actions... all to make our life joy-filled for us and pleasing to God.

Whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Matthew 16:25

Heaven

Old 11-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #2346
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 30th

"No one is strong enough to bear his burdens alone."

The next month will be very difficult for many people who are still reeling from a loss this past year. The crippling hurt caused by the absence of a loved one can cloud holiday gatherings and even dim the desire to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I personally lost my Mother during the holidays last year and my best friend just a couple of years prior, and have found this verse very helpful in my daily walk in this holiday season...

In Romans 12:9-21, Paul gives ways to express practical Christianity in our relationships. One seems especially needed at this time of year: “Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep” (v.15). We can “give a hand” to grieving friends and family by understanding their sorrow and not expecting them to “get over it” in time to celebrate the holidays. We can freely mention the name of the person whose death has brought such desolation and then share a fond memory. We can be quiet, listen, and pray for God’s help.

Only God can heal the deep wounds of the heart, but we can lend a hand.

Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.

Romans 12:15

Heaven

Old 11-30-2008, 09:02 PM   #2347
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) November 28th

"Desire and pray to be searched and proved by his word and Spirit."

The counsel of the Lord should be precious to us all. God holds the sum of all wisdom and knowledge. He is the ground of all common sense. Why wouldn't we want to consult the Lord when we make the important decisions in our lives? Doing less is absurd.

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!

Psalm 139:17

Heaven

GLORY TO GOD brother One of my faves from the psalms And The Love Of Gods Law ONE OF THE GREATEST COMMANDENTS Spoken BY THE CORNER STONE WAS LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL THY HEART BODY MIND AND SOUL thn we adapted in the law AND WE FALL IN A TRUST THAT THE WORLD CAN NOT SUBSIDE , O How I Love Thy Law It Is My Meditation All The Day PRAISE JESUS Thou Through Thy Comandments Hast Made Me Wiser Than My Foes FOR THEY ARE EVER WITH ME PRAISE JESUS The Word Tells Us Our Terror Come By Night But My Joy Flows In The Morning And If The Word Is Exercised Some Of The Chosen Few Know JESUS IS OUR STRENETH THAT TERROR CAN FLY IN THE NIGHT AS WELL AS THE MORNING AND THE EVENING AND AFTER NOON GLORY TO GOD WE SERVE HIM THAT SLUMBERS NOT And Loves Us And Up Holds Us ON COMMON GROUND AND COMMON SINCE HE HAS IT WHEN WE DONT PRAISE JESUS Our King Spoke AND DID NOT CHOOSE A DELIVERANCE FROM THE WILL OF HIS FATHER BUT THAT THE WILL BE GLORFIED IN HIM AND AS EXAMPLE Kats He Was Obedient To DEATH Why B/c Of Us I Have More Understanding Than All My Teachers For Thy Testimonies Are My Meditations I Understand More Than The Ancients Because I Keep Thy Precepts psalms 119,97,104 And Nobody Kept Those LIKE JESUS CHRIST KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORDS ONLY HE COULD FURFILL 100 percent THE WILL OF OUR FATHER And Praise Jesus WE FIND THE NIGHER WE DRAW TO GOD WE NEED JESUS JUST MORE AND MORE AND THAT WAS HIS WILL TO LET JESUS HAVE HIS WAY IN OUR EVERYTHING ONLY ONE NAME ONE LORD CAN SET THE CAPTIVES FREE AND THATS JESUS CHRIST GOD THE SUSTAINER Psalm 103 24 28 PRAYING FOR YA,S ALL AS THE BUSY SEASON KEEPS ROLLING LETS ALL BE JOLLY BLESSINGS AND STRENETHS AND PEACE BE WITCHAS
Old 12-01-2008, 05:44 AM   #2348
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 1st

"What are words for?"

The words of our mouth are powerful weapons. We can do great good by a few well-placed words, or we can wreak total destruction. The words of an evil person spread like a cancer. However, the words spoken by righteous men and women can be our greatest source of healing. Be careful how you speak, for you hold great power and responsibility within your words.

Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall bunt the violent man to overthrow him.

Psalm 140:11

My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realise what has been said
I might as well go up and talk to a wall
Coz all the words are having no effect at all
It's a funny thing.. am I all alone?
What are words for
When no one listens what are words for
When no one listens
There's no use talking at all.

~Missing Persons

Heaven

Old 12-02-2008, 05:49 AM   #2349
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 2nd

"God is a speaking God."

He loves us and has chosen to get his message to us in words. First there were the patriarchs and great prophets. Then there was the written record in the Scriptures. But God's greatest message, his most powerful words, were not really words at all, but a person named Jesus of Nazareth, who is Christ and Lord of all. For us, his Church, to be what he wants us to be, we must not just look at Scripture, we must also look at him. He is the key to understanding what Scripture means and how it is to be lived.

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Hebrews 1:1-2

Heaven

Old 12-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #2350
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) December 2nd

"God is a speaking God."

He loves us and has chosen to get his message to us in words. First there were the patriarchs and great prophets. Then there was the written record in the Scriptures. But God's greatest message, his most powerful words, were not really words at all, but a person named Jesus of Nazareth, who is Christ and Lord of all. For us, his Church, to be what he wants us to be, we must not just look at Scripture, we must also look at him. He is the key to understanding what Scripture means and how it is to be lived.

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Hebrews 1:1-2

Heaven

PRAISE JESUS THE REEDEEMER THE CORNER STONE THE ALPHA AND OMEGA THAT CUP DID NOT PASS ALL OF US THE REASON WHY A Great Tuesday IN THE LORD HE,S LOVE FOR US IN CHANGING IN TIME OF GREAT NEEDS PRAISE JESUS THE CONVEANT IT FOREVER WITH US BUT THE GREATEST THING OF HIM THAT RISEN WITH HIM AND GOING STRONGER EVER TODAY AND THATS LOVE BY HIS LOVE WE HAVE A POWER TO PRAY FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND REMEMBER ALL THE GOOD WORKS By His Hands Were Done GLORY TO GOD rather they are with us Or Departed WE HAVE POWER IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS For needs be given walking The Long WALK WITH HIM THROUGH IRONY WAR Rises Falls Test Trials WE KNOW ONLY HE ALONE PREVAILS AND WE CAN NOT FORGET HIS WONDERS OF OLD THATS WROTE OUT THE STORM GREAT AND MIGHTY LIKE OH JUST NO OTHER AND WE CANT DECLARE OF ALL HIS PRAISES TODAY BUT HE IS EVER WITH US And Gave s Life FULL OF HIM AND IT IS A BLESSING TO BREATHE HIM And Take Hold Of His Wonderfull Majesty I Will Remember The Works Of The Lord SURLEY I WILL REMEMBEAR HIS WONDERS OF OLD, I Will Meditate Also Of All Thy Work Talk Of Thy Doings The Way O God Is In The Sanctuary Who Is So So GREAT AS OUR GOD Psalms 77,11,19 BLESSINGS AND STRENETH KATS
Old 12-04-2008, 05:13 AM   #2351
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 4th

"Darkness."

Darkness is more than a symbol, it is a pervasive way of living and viewing the world. Darkness is the place of deception, evil, crime, predators, sin, and death. To follow Jesus means to bring him our heart and let him cast everything from the darkness that plagues us on the inside so we don't have to be afraid of the darkness on the outside. In this way, Jesus gives us light, but it is a light that does more than fill a dark room. This is a light that illumines the heart.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said,"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

John 8:12

Heaven

Old 12-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #2352
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) November 10th

"When evil appears to have conquered the right."

God may be doing His greatest work when evil seems to triumph. When Job looked back, he saw that his suffering gave him a new understanding of God. At Calvary, man crucified Jesus, yet God turned history's darkest day into man's redemption.

Do you feel you are facing a great injustice? Keep trusting God. Those who go through the greatest darkness are those who most fully appreciate the glory of His light.

I go forward, but He is not there, and backward, but I cannot perceive Him.

Job 23:8

Heaven

PRAISE JESUS WE DO HAVE A GREATER RIGHT To Fight The Robber Killer And Destroyer Brother Reign STOPED IN THE NAME OF JESUS ALL Though He Does Trieth AND LORD KNOWS PRAISE JESUS We Sometimes Wanna Give Mercy No More To Our Advasires THAN THE SWORD QUICKENS IT IS DEADLY TO TO THE Father Of Lies PRAISE JESUS ALL WAS Fufilled HIS ARMOUR THE REASON FOR THE SEASON He Must Be Reminded Of Who He Must Bow To In Our Times Of War GLORY TO GOD Praying For All You Kats SPIRTUAL WEAPONS TO BE STRENTHEND WHEN EVIL APPEARS PRAISE JESUS COL, 15 ,23 19 for it pleased the father that in him should all fulness dwell and having made peace through the blood of his cross BY HIM TO RECONCILE ALL THINGS UNTO HIM SELF I say whether they be things in earth or in heaven And You that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works yet now hath he reconciled And Given You POWER OVER THE WORKS OF ALL EVIL BLESSINGS AND STRENTH KATS
Old 12-05-2008, 05:24 AM   #2353
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 5th

"A David prayer... When he was in the cave."

At times we may feel that there is nothing to gain by sharing our burdens. Often, however, just talking about them may make us feel better, and it may lead us to new solutions. God wants us to pour out our complaints to Him, and He hopes that we will share with each other. Much good can come from opening up and letting our troubles out.

I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble.

Psalm 142:2

Heaven

Old 12-06-2008, 08:35 AM   #2354
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 6th

"What did it mean for Enoch to walk with God?"

Genesis 5:18-24 is a short paragraph about his life, and it shines like a diamond amid the earthly record of deaths. In a storyline where the funeral bells tolled out their mournful drone (“and he died” is repeated eight times in the chapter), there is a ray of hope... Enoch walked with God.

What did it mean for Enoch to walk with God? It describes Enoch’s close communion with God—as if literally walking by His side. Also, it refers to Enoch’s unswerving obedience to God in a corrupt culture. God rewarded Enoch’s faithfulness by taking him to heaven while he was still alive. Death would not have the final word in God’s creation. Enoch’s walk with God reminds us that it is possible for all of us to enjoy intimate communion with the Lord.

Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

Genesis 5:24

Heaven

Old 12-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #2355
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 7th

"He who believes in me will live."

This is the most important question you will ever answer. Do you really believe this? Do you believe that when you died with Christ in baptism through faith, that you died the most significant death and that your physical death will not separate you from Jesus? All of life, even all of eternity for you, hangs on this one question.

[Jesus said,] "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

John 11:25

Heaven