++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-12-2007, 06:36 AM   #1606
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

April 12th

"I've just got to find myself."

Won't ever happen. We do not "find ourselves, our life" by pursuing it. We find it by losing it to something or someone greater than ourselves. We find our life be losing it to Jesus and the work of his Kingdom.

Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

Luke 9:23-24

Heaven

Old 04-12-2007, 11:25 PM   #1607
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 04-13-2007, 06:33 AM   #1608
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 13th

"We're not worthy..."

Too often we come before the Lord with the feeling that we are not worthy. True, we have sinned, but God does not want us to dwell on the fact that we have sinned, but that we have been forgiven, and that we are His chosen people. The love of God is greater than any sin we might commit. God makes us able to look up, because He lifts the burden of guilt from our shoulders.

For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: theref ore my heart faileth me.

Psalm 40:12

Heaven

Old 04-14-2007, 07:26 AM   #1609
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 14th

"The Gospel."

The Gospel story is pretty simple to understand. The grace of the Gospel is glorious to receive. The sacrifice of the Gospel is incomprehensible. The victory of the Gospel is life.

I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you... that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

Heaven

Old 04-15-2007, 09:14 AM   #1610
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 15th

"Alpha male."

The male deer is a single-minded creature. Once its sights are set on its goal, nothing can dissuade it. It will battle opponents to the death in order to succeed. Even for a drink of water, the male deer will not be stopped. Such single-mindedness is what the Lord desires of His children. The Lord loves to see real commitment that changes lives. To live for the Lord means to give oneself to Him, body, mind, and spirit. As the hart pursues the cooling brook with all that it has, so must we pursue our Lord.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

Psalm 42:1

Heaven

Old 04-16-2007, 05:59 AM   #1611
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 16th

"What do we owe?"

He paid a debt and we owe one. Thank God we don't owe the debt for our sin, but we owe others the same love, respect and grace with which God has treated us!

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

Romans 13:8

Heaven

Old 04-17-2007, 05:57 AM   #1612
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 17th

"The Word transforms."

Dr. E. V. Rieu was a classical scholar and translator for many years. He rendered Homer into very modern English for the Penguin Classics. Rieu was sixty years old and a life-long agnostic when the same firm invited him to translate the Gospels. His son remarked: "It will be interesting to see what Father makes of the four Gospels. It will be even more interesting to see what the four Gospels make of Father."

The answer was soon forthcoming. A year later, Rieu, convinced and converted, joined the Church of England.

In an interview with J. B. Phillips, Rieu confessed that he had undertaken the task of translation because of an "intense desire to satisfy himself as to the authenticity and spiritual content of the Gospels." He was determined to approach the documents as if they were newly discovered Greek manuscripts,. "Did you not get the feeling," asked Canon Phillips, "that the whole material was extraordinarily alive?" The classical scholar agreed. "I got the deepest feeling," he replied. "My work changed me. I came to the conclusion that these words bear the seal of the Son of Man and God."

~From J. B. Phillips, The Ring of Truth. quoted by R. Kent Hughes in 1001 Great Stories and Quotes , 1998

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives.

2 Timothy 3:14

Heaven

Old 04-18-2007, 06:24 AM   #1613
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 18th

"Imagine Jesus being proud of you!"

He said if we confess him before others here on earth, he will speak up for us in heaven. Confessing that Jesus is Lord is simply acknowledging the truth. But for believers, it is more than that, since at the close of time every knee will bow and every tongue confess his name. For us, confessing Jesus is anticipating his triumph in which we will share.

If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Romans 10:9-10

Heaven

Old 04-19-2007, 06:29 AM   #1614
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 19th

"How we hear God."

How remarkable that the God of the universe would actually want to communicate with us! We are creatures of a material, physical world to which we relate through our five senses. God is a spiritual being. We in our physical state cannot see him, hear him, or touch him...

Over several centuries, God inspired a select number of people to write down what he felt we needed to know about him and how he expects us to live. These writings have been collected into this book, called the Holy Bible. In a miraculous way, the Bible speaks to each of us. Its truths apply across generations, across cultures, across all life experience.

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophets themselves or because they wanted to prophesy. It was the Holy Spirit who moved the prophets to speak from God.

2 Peter 1:20-21

But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their minds so they will understand them, and I will write them on their hearts so they will obey them. I will be their God, and they will be my people!

Hebrews 8:10

Heaven

Old 04-20-2007, 01:01 AM   #1615
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Glory To God

THE LORD HEARS, AND ITS EVEN MORE WONDERFULLLLLLLLLL WE ACTS, GLORY TO GOD, Who Sets,em Up And Brings,em Down, Love Ya Hev,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 04-20-2007, 01:11 AM   #1616
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
There Is None Other Like Him,

YOU Speak Of The God Of Israel , The Sweet I,am and i say again there is none like him, through my walk through my salvation through my struggles through my rises and my falls, and my ups and downs, and the times when all logic said you really need just throw in the towel, My brother GODS WILL, Is Always In The Making His Word Is Grounded Survival His Word Is Always Flowing Sweeter That Honey Falling From The Comb, there is no other way , to pull thyself up except to reach for the word AND TRUST IN HIM WHO GAVE BREATH TO ALL LIFE, And what his words utter through you 7 times stronger before than the last time, You Called Up On Him Distress, God I,ve been through this and i dont see no getting pass this its like the never ending cycle of my life ...
Old 04-20-2007, 01:20 AM   #1617
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
But We Call Up On Him Anywayyyyyyyy

GLORYYYYYYYYYYY TO GOD, And He Shall Soon Rush To Our Aid, I WILL LOVE THEE O LORD MY GOD STRENETH THE LORD IS MY ROCK AND MY FORTRESS AND MY DELIVERER MY GOD MY STRENETH IN WHOM I WILL TRUST MY BUCKLER AND THE HORNNNNNNNNNNNN OF MY SALVATION AND MY HIGH TOWER, HE IS STRONGER THAN I I WILL CALL UPON HIM WHO I KNOW IS ALWAYS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED SO SHALL I BE SAVED THE SORROWS OF DEATH YEP STILL COMPASSETH ME ABOUT AND THE FLOODS OF THE UN GODLY MAKE ME AFRAID THE SORROWS OF HELL COMPASSED ME ABOUT THE SNARES OF DEATH WILL INDEED PREVENT YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TO PRAISE HIM IN HIM DO WE CALL UP ON, FOR HE IS WORTHY TO PRAISED TO HIM ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY, Psalm 17,1 16
Old 04-20-2007, 06:31 AM   #1618
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Yes!!! I am glad to join you at the fresh break of day, to share this bread and to join you with all the vigor of youth.

Heaven

Old 04-20-2007, 06:31 AM   #1619
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 20th

"My refuge."

The cross I wear around my neck is not there for show, nor is it the object of my worship. I would not be lost without it, though I do like it. I do not believe it has some mystical power, nor does it protect me. The cross that I wear reminds me of the great love that God has for me. Christ's gift of eternal life is made real to me each time I look down at the cross or feel it lightly resting on my chest. In difficult times, I look at the cross and feel warmth and comfort. From its gentle reminder I draw strength when I am weary, refuge when I need to rest. Whether I wear my cross or not, God is with me, but sometimes it is nice to have a small reminder.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 46:1

Heaven

Old 04-21-2007, 07:37 AM   #1620
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 21st

"Spiritual eyes."

In the woods of Maine, not too far from the eastern coast, there is a river that flows clear and cool. It winds through some of the most gorgeous scenery imaginable, and carries with it a beauty that is unsurpassed. To see such sights convinces a person of the reality of God. God gives us glimpses of heaven here on earth, so that we might long for such a place from the deepest reaches of our hearts. That part of us that carries the seed of God responds to His beauty in creation. If we will look at the world with our spiritual eyes rather than our physical eyes, we will begin to see God's glories in many new ways. The gifts of God are indeed abundant. Open your eyes and enjoy them all.

There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

Psalm 46:4

Heaven