++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-13-2007, 06:41 AM   #1576
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

March 13th

"God is in our lives."

He is at work right now, undoing Satan's destructive messes and leading us to places he wants us to go. This is true in everything we do and everywhere we go. The key is for us to seek his purpose, to live his will. If that is our goal, then we can be sure our God is with us every step of our way.

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28

Heaven

Old 03-14-2007, 06:20 AM   #1577
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 14th

"God wants us to be productive in our lives."

He wants us to have more than just head knowledge. He wants us to put it to work in our lives and be effective and productive with it. But, I've got to put out some effort and try to grow in these qualities. Peter is saying, "Okay folks, God wants you to get after it and make a difference through your life!"

Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to gooodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:5-8

Heaven

Old 03-15-2007, 06:08 AM   #1578
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 15th

"Jesus Christ of Nazareth."

"Jesus, there's just something about that name!" The words to the song are right. Salvation from what is warped and broken in our world is found in no one else. He is our Savior because he was willing to come to this world, bear our limitations, shame, and sin, and then triumph over them.

The name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth... Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Acts 4:12

Heaven

Old 03-16-2007, 05:59 AM   #1579
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 16th

"Deceit is the order of the day."

A small village depended on its large neighbor to protect and defend it. The small village had no means to defend itself on it own. For years the large village defended the smaller one, but one day, when the small village needed support, the larger village refused, saying they no longer cared what happened. Actually, the larger village wanted to acquire the land of the smaller one, so they had hired a band of soldiers to attack the little village.

This parable is not a piece of simple fiction, but a startling and sad reality in our world today. Deceit is the order of the day. What will ever bring all the sadness and oppression to an end? The Lord, God, that's who. The Lord despises evil, and one day all evil will be erased.

Draw me not away with the wicked and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.

Psalm 28:3

Heaven

Old 03-17-2007, 08:23 AM   #1580
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 17th

"He restores my soul."

My, that sounds so good. But it is more than talk. When we've reached point that we can't go on, God blesses us with strength to just keep on walking. When we're in a struggle and things are tough, his power upholds us and we run to victory. When we're winning victories in his name, we can soar on wings like eagles. He is a shepherd and more. He is the Rock and Sustainer of our lives!

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.

Psalm 23:1-3

Heaven

Old 03-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #1581
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 18th

"Modest?"

God gives each of us strengths and talents. There is no reason for us to boast or brag. All that we are, all that we can do, is a gift from God. Give Him thanks and praise for all you have. The Lord is good to His children.

Give unto the Lord, O ye mighty, give unto the Lord glory and strength.

Psalm 29:1

Heaven

Old 03-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #1582
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Glory To God !!!!!

When We Serve The God Like God, The Almighty, He Honours The Praises, And Will Leave A Flock Who Praises Him To Up Lift The Humble On Broken Kness, Gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 03-19-2007, 05:55 AM   #1583
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 19th

"Religion and politics."

It is impossible to govern the world without God and the Bible.
~George Washington

The whole inspiration of our civilization springs from the teachings of Christ and the lessons of the prophets. To read the Bible for these fundamentals is a necessity of American life.
~Herbert Hoover

In regard to this great book, I have but to say, it is the best gift God has given to man. All the good Savior gave to the world was communicated through this book. But for it we could not know right from wrong. All things most desirable for man's welfare, here and hereafter, are to found portrayed in it.
~Abraham Lincoln

Hold fast to the Bible as the sheet-anchor of your liberties; write its precepts in your hearts and practice them in your lives. To the influence of this book we are indebted for all the progress made in true civilization, and to this we must look as our guide in the future. Righteousness exalteth a nation; but sin is a reproach to any people.
~Ulysses S. Grant

Your principles have been the music of my life throughout the years of my pilgrimage. I reflect at night on who you are, O Lord, and I obey your law because of this.

Psalm 119:54-55

Heaven

Old 03-20-2007, 06:17 AM   #1584
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 20th

"God breathed."

Our souls were created by the breath of God in Eden; it should not surprise us that the Word of God, which is inspired, or "God breathed," sustains our souls. If we plan to eat food each day to keep our body alive, shouldn't we also plan to feast on God's Word each day to sustain our soul?

Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty.

Jeremiah 15:16

I will write down these things as a testimony of what the Lord will do. I will entrust it to my disciples, who will pass it down to future generations.

Isaiah 8:16

For I have stayed in God's paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands but have treasured his word in my heart.

Job 23:11-12

Heaven

Old 03-21-2007, 06:09 AM   #1585
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 21st

"Trust."

While we may wish to have been alive when Jesus walked the earth or Jeremiah spoke fearlessly God's hard truth, we are especially blessed to be alive today. We stand at the end of an incredible stream of God work and know him to be profoundly faithful to his people. We can launch out into the future with boldness because we know, as Psalm 139 says, God is there!

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought.

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Heaven

Old 03-22-2007, 06:23 AM   #1586
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 22nd

"No accident."

Many of the struggles in our lives are not mere accidents! In fact, many of them are not put there by God. Our challenges often come from the hand of our enemy, Satan. He always prowls around looking for the best scheme to knock us out of our commitment to, and relationship with, the Lord. Placing ourselves firmly in the hands of the Lord and using his tools of warfare will help us defeat our enemy, who has already been humiliated by Jesus and the cross.

Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

Ephesians 6:10-11

Heaven

Old 03-23-2007, 06:14 AM   #1587
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 23rd

"I once was lost..."

Elijah's story from First Kings is the perfect example of what happens to people who lose sight of God and turn instead to worldly things. Vanity kills faith and undermines humility. Look to the Lord in all things, and you will never have to worry.

I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the Lord.

Psalm 31:6

Heaven

Old 03-24-2007, 08:39 AM   #1588
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 24th

"Death for sin."

When we get death for sin, we're only being paid what we're owed. Sin is rebellion against the God who loves us and gave us his most precious gift to redeem us from sin! God's gift is free... Eternal life in Jesus Christ. He gave it without our assurance of following.

The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6:23

Heaven

Old 03-26-2007, 06:13 AM   #1589
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 26th

"For the sake of the name."

When we read the book of Acts, we find the disciples overjoyed at suffering "for the sake of the name." Jesus' followers consider it a privilege and not just a hardship. The truth of our commitment is often best shown to the skeptical when we are "under fire."

It has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him.

Philippians 1:29

Heaven

Old 03-27-2007, 06:18 AM   #1590
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 27th

"Guidance."

Let's face it: We need guidance. Our willfulness gets us into trouble when we refuse to unite it with common sense. Our Lord is the author of good sense and levelheadedness. It only makes sense that we should turn our lives over to Him. He is faithful to guide and direct us. He teaches and nurtures us, enabling us to be the best that we can be.

Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.

Psalm 32:9

Heaven