++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-02-2003, 06:37 PM   #16
CollectiveSoul
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Make your own meaning to it buddy
Old 02-02-2003, 07:35 PM   #17
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Aimee
<b>X-You're confused because the lyrics are, "What if your words could be judged like a crime." &nbsp;Now, does it make sense? &nbsp;What you say can be judged just as much as what you do. &nbsp;I believe it is meant to make you ask yourself, If your words were judged like a crime, would you be thrown in jail?
In "My Sacrifice" Scott's singing about what he gave up to get where he is. &nbsp;There are debates over what that sacrifice is (Scott's youth? Hilaree? Jagger? Scott's pride, etc.), but that's who he's talking to when he says:
When you are with me, I'm free... Meaning he misses this thing when he is away from it. &nbsp;He sees it as a "sacrifice". &nbsp;So now, if you take your clues from the video, likely Scott has sacrificed himself in ways that make him feel less "real" and it is his "real" self that he misses. &nbsp;But that's my own questionable interpretaion. &nbsp;Your interpretation is for you to make. </b>

Great interpretation, Aimee!!

Relearn Love
Old 02-02-2003, 09:37 PM   #18
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I agree! Lots of deep meanings in the video, your interpretation makes things a bit clearer now, Aimee. Thanks.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-03-2003, 12:08 PM   #19
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Man, I was about to say the same exact thing: Great interpretation Aimee! Didn't mean to sound redundant, but that explanation really kicks butt!!
Old 02-03-2003, 04:25 PM   #20
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
X, you´re stupid! for 3 years and you never read HC´s booklet???

Dan said MS chorus is messed up.... Mark wrote it... imagine how messed it´ll be his solo material!!!

no, j/k... I think its chorus doesn´t fit to the verse, but if you know what´s behind it, you´ll get and it´ll make sense. Personally, I think it´s a song about reconciliation.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:06 AM   #21
faceless kiwi
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Aimee
<b>"What if your words could be judged like a crime." &nbsp;Now, does it make sense? &nbsp;What you say can be judged just as much as what you do. &nbsp;I believe it is meant to make you ask yourself, If your words were judged like a crime, would you be thrown in jail?
</b>

Yeah it makes sense.
Yeah for the bad things you say, if they could be judged like a crime, how long would your sentence be in jail.

And as we gathered in the ashes
Said "fire em up boys and let 'em go"
They're making music for the masses
Sliced up real thin for the radio.

Now all that you took for granted
Has been replaced. Replaced by an actor. And now that you're left with nothing but more of the same.
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?
You all sound the same, With nothing to say. We say your an actor!."

PACIFIER- NOTHING
Old 02-04-2003, 08:57 AM   #22
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
X, you´re stupid! for 3 years and you never read HC´s booklet??? &nbsp; &nbsp;

ya i did read the book, but some things like that gotten missed.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 02-04-2003, 01:55 PM   #23
Creed|Flip
USER INFO »
My Sacrifice...I think this song describes the sacrifice you make when you choose the christian life, and not the easy going life where you can lie your life like you want to....,But im not saying that the chrsitan life is a trapped feeling life, but you might understand what i'm saying here. When you take a desicion to be a christian, you have to sacrifice a lot of things that you wouldn't have to do if you didn't choose a christian life.....do you understand?

So won't you come inside
And never go away
Old 02-04-2003, 02:19 PM   #24
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Oh, true that! That's why I'm having such a hard time. That's a good interpretation of My Sacrifice--I never quite thought of it that way!
Old 02-04-2003, 03:14 PM   #25
Kim V.
USER INFO »
I know I've posted this interpretation before, but with My Sacrifice, I do believe it's about reconcilation with the Lord, accepting Him once again (Hello my friend, we meet again, it's been awhile, where should we begin, feels like forever) and receiving His perfect love (within my heart are memories of perfect love that you gave to me, oh I remember). Also, when in the presence of the Lord, feeling free and careless, feeling like you're above all the other "stuff" and people that can bring you down in this life (above all the others we'll fly) and of course, (it feels so good to reunite (with Him) within yourself and within your mind, let's find peace there) - He gives us perfect peace.

That's my interpretation

SPIRITUAL INSINUATIONS SEEM TO SHOCK OUR NATION --
Scott Stapp

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 02-04-2003, 04:17 PM   #26
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Kim, that was my first interpretation of the song, but now I´m not so sure anymore... when he talks about God, he always use capital letters on the booklets and on the booklet it´s "you"...

"we´ve seen our share of ups and downs, how quickly life can turn around, in an instant ... let´s find peace there..."

God would have only ups and no downs, right?
Old 02-04-2003, 04:19 PM   #27
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
just like me
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 02-04-2003, 09:55 PM   #28
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Well, Marcos, when you have the Lord in your life through everything, He sees you through the ups and downs - He is there for every moment - the good and the bad. We as humans have our ups and downs, and He's there like a best friend is, through thick and thin. Just my interpretation...

SPIRITUAL INSINUATIONS SEEM TO SHOCK OUR NATION....
Scott Stapp

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 02-04-2003, 10:06 PM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I think My Sacrifice could be about reconnecting with the self he was before all the fame and fortune and his sacrifice is what he gave up to get where he is now. I think he's reflecting on all that, when he says hello my friend we meet again, it's been a while where should we begin, feels like forever...as if he's sitting down with his old self to catch him up on all that has happened in his life.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:17 PM   #30
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Another good interpretation, Dogstar! Especially given how the video appears, your view is an interesting one!:P

JUST GIVE LOVE TO ALL -- Scott Stapp