++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Where is the...

PROMOTION!? Sorry for the thread but seriously... where? lol You would think with a brand name like CREED WindUp would be pluggin them out the butt with interviews, articles, posters, you name it... I call it the "Seether Treatment" seeing as they seem to be the only band the label cares about now. We're nearly a couple weeks away & I've heard nothing about this tour, even from Skillet and you would think they would be building some type of hype for it on their end... it just makes no sense to me whatsoever.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: Where is the...

Would contacting Wind-up or the band themselves do anything? If we could, that is.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

The short answer is no. lol

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

They probably view it as Live Nation's job. I don't agree with that position, but I guess that is how they see it.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Btw has anyone heard when away in silence will be released. I was figuring the next week or so.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

^No one knows & guess why? lol Imo. it's not all on Live Nation to promote Creed, they are WU's band first & foremost... plus if they were smart they would do so to gain profit back in return for promoting various Creed related things.

Someone just posted this on ABB.net, thought it was interesting:

http://tunelab.com/2010/07/06/evanes...ially-delayed/

^It's from Amy Lee, describing some label issues... saying they're going through "uncertain times" ...but who knows what that means.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

I was actually just about to say that DK. WU hasn't had a big release in the past couple years so they are probably short on cash. Plus WU bands take forever to record. I wonder how much the new Amy Lee album cost to make? Seether too. Seether, 12 Stones, the amy lee band and Stapp plan on releasing new material very close to each other. Wind up doesn't have the resources to press and promote all these albums I don't think.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:13 AM   #8
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

I don't buy that... there are plenty of things they could do that wouldn't cost them much money.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #9
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) ^No one knows & guess why? lol Imo. it's not all on Live Nation to promote Creed, they are WU's band first & foremost... plus if they were smart they would do so to gain profit back in return for promoting various Creed related things.

Someone just posted this on ABB.net, thought it was interesting:

http://tunelab.com/2010/07/06/evanes...ially-delayed/

^It's from Amy Lee, describing some label issues... saying they're going through "uncertain times" ...but who knows what that means.
Hmm..I read an article in RollingStones recently. It basically said Concert sales are terrible right now and labels are in a panic. Many musical acts have canceled their summer tour. Most people don't even buy music anymore, but with people not going to the concerts, labels are losing money.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

To me it seems like the tour is in a bunch of small cities and if you don't live near one you probably aren't going to hear much about it.

BTW, just because a business doesn't have cash doesn't mean it can't spend in order to make future profits - it's called a loan. Businesses use loans for capital all the time. Wind-Up has historically been a crappy label in regards to support for bands. Why does any of this surprise anyone? Do you all not remember what it was like from 2000-2004?
Old 07-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #11
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

How much money do the labels make off the tours anyway? I figured most of the money went to the band.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #12
nagpo
USER INFO »

I think they make more money off tours than albums nowadays.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #13
Agent D
USER INFO »

Old 07-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #14
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I think they make more money off tours than albums nowadays.
AMEN AND AMEN, Agent D.... ((. Bless ya, Im trying to have a serious momeant here, nagpo.....that is one of hell of debate your brought up at this time indeed whats killing record sales, is not so much the Ecomony music like sex will indeed always sale like liquor....its All The Downloading....kids who cant aford it or whoever is going go download it, TALLICA, Saw this coming a long time ago and knew where it was headed, They Were Right By Trying To Stop Then, i, cant recall what year that was, But The Tours, Is A Reliable Source Of Funds, To Keep The Industry Out Of A Slump.... we need the tours to keep coming,
Old 07-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #15
Faceless Man 93
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) AMEN AND AMEN, Agent D.... ((. Bless ya, Im trying to have a serious momeant here, nagpo.....that is one of hell of debate your brought up at this time indeed whats killing record sales, is not so much the Ecomony music like sex will indeed always sale like liquor....its All The Downloading....kids who cant aford it or whoever is going go download it, TALLICA, Saw this coming a long time ago and knew where it was headed, They Were Right By Trying To Stop Then, i, cant recall what year that was, But The Tours, Is A Reliable Source Of Funds, To Keep The Industry Out Of A Slump.... we need the tours to keep coming,

Yeah I remember what you're talking about. The year was 2001, the downloading service Napster was found guilty of illegally distributing Metallica's, among other bands, music without their consent.