++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-01-2006, 06:26 AM   #1231
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

June 1st

"Apples to oranges."

Sometimes we think things are going really bad in our lives. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking we're worse off than anyone else. When we feel sorry for ourselves, all we need do is turn to the story of Jesus' last few hours on earth. There the man who knew no sin became sin for us, so we might have eternal life. He was tripped, beaten, spit upon, and when, as His dying request, He asked for a drink to wet His lips, they put vinegar before Him instead of water. No kindness was shown the Prince of Peace, the one who had done nothing in His life to warrant such cruel mistreatment. Compared with the trial and misfortune of our Lord, we have very little to complain about. To even compare ourselves to Him is to open ourselves to shame. Christ endured torment and death upon a cross for our sakes. Now, He abides with us to help us endure every trial.

They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

Psalm 69:21

If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself.

[Minquass] – Native American Proverb

Heaven

Old 06-02-2006, 06:12 AM   #1232
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 2nd

"Ask the Lord for patience."

Patience is not a strong virtue in the twenty-first century. We are a people of instant gratification. We want what we want when we want it. We don't like to wait. Unfortunately, we worship a God of eternity who chooses to operate on His time schedule, not ours. Therefore, patience is a vital component of the Christian life.

Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O Lord.

Psalm 70:1

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Heaven

Old 06-03-2006, 03:09 AM   #1233
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 1st

"Apples to oranges."

Sometimes we think things are going really bad in our lives. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking we're worse off than anyone else. When we feel sorry for ourselves, all we need do is turn to the story of Jesus' last few hours on earth. There the man who knew no sin became sin for us, so we might have eternal life. He was tripped, beaten, spit upon, and when, as His dying request, He asked for a drink to wet His lips, they put vinegar before Him instead of water. No kindness was shown the Prince of Peace, the one who had done nothing in His life to warrant such cruel mistreatment. Compared with the trial and misfortune of our Lord, we have very little to complain about. To even compare ourselves to Him is to open ourselves to shame. Christ endured torment and death upon a cross for our sakes. Now, He abides with us to help us endure every trial.

They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

Psalm 69:21

If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself.

[Minquass] – Native American Proverb

Heaven

AMEN Hev, For I Reckon That The Sufferings Of This Present Time Are Not Worthy To Be Compared With His Or The Glory Which Shall Br Revealed In Us , Romans 8.18.19 And What Shall We Say In Times When We Question Ourselfs And Need Boldness, IF GOD BE FOR US, Who Can Be Against Us He That Spared Not His Own Son But Delerved Him Up For Us A;; How Shall He Not With Him Also Freely Give Us All Things, Who Shall Lay Anything To The Charge Of Gods Elect It Is God That Justifys Who Is He That Condemneth It Is Christ That Died Yea Rather That Is Risen Again, Who Shall Separate Us From The Love Of Christ Shall Tribulation Or Distress Or Persecution Or Famine Or Nakedness Or Peril Or Sword As It Is Written For Thy Sake We Are Killed All The Day Long We Are Accounted As Sheep For The Slaughter, Nay In All These Things We Are More THAN CONQUERORS Through Him That Loved Us For I,am Persuaded That NEITHER DEATH NOR LIFE NOR ANGELS NOR PRINCIPALITIES NOR POWERS NOR THINGS PRESENT Nor Things To Come Nor Height Nor DEPTH Nor Any Other Creature Shall Be Able To Separate Us From The Love Of GOD Which Is In Christ Our Lord verse 31,39
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 06-03-2006, 03:24 AM   #1234
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Amen!!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 2nd

"Ask the Lord for patience."

Patience is not a strong virtue in the twenty-first century. We are a people of instant gratification. We want what we want when we want it. We don't like to wait. Unfortunately, we worship a God of eternity who chooses to operate on His time schedule, not ours. Therefore, patience is a vital component of the Christian life.

Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O Lord.

Psalm 70:1

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Heaven

That Is Something that can be taught enough but through love it can be taught OUR TIME IS NOT HIS TIME, but has there ever been a time when he has left us forsaked us in our time of need and as we recall he prooves he is on time GOD Not A God Who Comes In Without Showing Us Is Beauty And Perfection And Is Truth BE GLORIFIED, when know one can understand me when everything i do is wrong you give me that hope and counsolation you give me the streneth to carry on and your always there to lend your precious hands in everything i do even if its wrong at the time your there to remind me THAT YOUR WAY WAS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, BEFORE THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE WORLD , TO GOD ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY!!! Pslam 119, 49,52 REMEMBER THE WORD unto Thy Serveant Upon Which Thou Has Caused Me To Hope This Is My Comfort In My Affliction For Thy Word Hath Quickens Me, I Remembear Thy Judgemeants Of Old And Have Comforted My Self,
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 06-03-2006, 06:53 AM   #1235
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 3rd

"A day of reward."

There are as many ways to look at the return of Jesus as there are opinions about how it will happen.…To the Romans, Paul calls is the "day of God's wrath" ( Romans 2:5 ).…In his first letter to the Corinthians, Paul refers to it as the "day of the Lord" ( 1 Cor. 5:5 ). And in his second letter to the same church he calls it the "day of salvation" ( 2 Cor. 6:2 ).…To the Ephesians he calls it a "day of redemption" ( Eph. 4:30 ). And he encourages the church of Philippi to stand strong until the "day of Christ Jesus" ( Phil. 1:6 ). Jude doesn't even try to describe it—he just calls it the "great Day" ( Jude 1:6 ).

Each of these phrases suggests a unique and different view.…But there's one I like the best. For followers of Jesus, it will be a day of reward.

James tells us, "God blesses the people who patiently endure testing. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him: ( James 1:12 ).…In his second letter to Timothy [Paul says], "Now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness that the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that great day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his glorious return" ( 4:8 ).

If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward.

Matthew 24:46

But it is Jesus himself who puts it best: "Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven" ( Matt. 5:12 ).

Heaven

Old 06-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #1236
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 4th

"Glorious lives God wills for us."

We were/are created for glory, were/are created to be something more than what we have become. We have become something less than we were meant to be and God, out of the loving goodness of His heart, has chosen to rescue us, make us right, forgive our faults and put us back in a place where we can once again be the people He meant us to be. He did this by having His son Jesus pay the price for our sin. The point of Jesus' death was not to show us how bad we are, but to show us how good God is and how good we can be when we connect our hearts with His and live the lives for which He created us.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:23-24

We are not hopeless sinners with no worth to God. We are forgiven people whose lives and sins have been paid for by the death of God's son. The purpose is to make us once again what we were meant to be- glorious people living in harmony with God.

Pete Reinbold

Heaven

Old 06-05-2006, 04:18 AM   #1237
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 3rd

"A day of reward."

There are as many ways to look at the return of Jesus as there are opinions about how it will happen.…To the Romans, Paul calls is the "day of God's wrath" ( Romans 2:5 ).…In his first letter to the Corinthians, Paul refers to it as the "day of the Lord" ( 1 Cor. 5:5 ). And in his second letter to the same church he calls it the "day of salvation" ( 2 Cor. 6:2 ).…To the Ephesians he calls it a "day of redemption" ( Eph. 4:30 ). And he encourages the church of Philippi to stand strong until the "day of Christ Jesus" ( Phil. 1:6 ). Jude doesn't even try to describe it—he just calls it the "great Day" ( Jude 1:6 ).

Each of these phrases suggests a unique and different view.…But there's one I like the best. For followers of Jesus, it will be a day of reward.

James tells us, "God blesses the people who patiently endure testing. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him: ( James 1:12 ).…In his second letter to Timothy [Paul says], "Now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness that the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that great day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his glorious return" ( 4:8 ).

If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward.

Matthew 24:46

But it is Jesus himself who puts it best: "Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven" ( Matt. 5:12 ).

Heaven

awsome message hev and well put from all books everybody does have their opion and its almost like the different sounds of THE Trumphet , no one was as at perfect flavor and perfect season has he was AMEN, and to know how to anwser every man, I PREFER GODS and forget not rejoice when see and hear wars and devestations WRATH, amen and amen pslam 122.1.9
Old 06-05-2006, 04:26 AM   #1238
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 4th

"Glorious lives God wills for us."

We were/are created for glory, were/are created to be something more than what we have become. We have become something less than we were meant to be and God, out of the loving goodness of His heart, has chosen to rescue us, make us right, forgive our faults and put us back in a place where we can once again be the people He meant us to be. He did this by having His son Jesus pay the price for our sin. The point of Jesus' death was not to show us how bad we are, but to show us how good God is and how good we can be when we connect our hearts with His and live the lives for which He created us.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:23-24

We are not hopeless sinners with no worth to God. We are forgiven people whose lives and sins have been paid for by the death of God's son. The purpose is to make us once again what we were meant to be- glorious people living in harmony with God.

Pete Reinbold

Heaven

if we live to foucus on our sins how shall we know the one who forgave us, Sin Is What Separates Us From God but how can it when that price was paid, Love And Forgiveness to others can show that example toward others it gets hard sometimes but we love him and love his precious truth we must show that example Well Put Hev...
Old 06-05-2006, 06:07 AM   #1239
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 5th

"Encourage one another."

While Paul's exhortation here is excellent, it is the style of the exhortation we should especially notice. We live in an age where we are constantly pressured to emphasize the novel, new, or improved versions of things. But in our lives as Christians, we need to remind each other of what we are doing right and just simply say, "Hey, you're doing well, just keep doing what you're doing!"

Encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

1 Thessalonians 5:11

The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy.
The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose.

Charles Dickens

Heaven

Old 06-06-2006, 05:59 AM   #1240
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 6th

"Living water."

Many of us have experienced spiritual drought. We find ourselves in a desert of doubt and apathy. Nothing seems to be the way we want it to be, and frankly, we really don't care. We wonder if God is listening; all we hear is the echo of our own voices. God's loving touch is so necessary in our lives. We cannot live without the water that Jesus offered the woman at the well. This living water quenches the spiritual thirst and brings our drought to an end. Ask God for the living water. He will issue forth a flood to wash you and refresh you.

He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.

Psalm 72:6

Drench me in the waters of love and life.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 06-07-2006, 12:36 AM   #1241
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 5th

"Encourage one another."

While Paul's exhortation here is excellent, it is the style of the exhortation we should especially notice. We live in an age where we are constantly pressured to emphasize the novel, new, or improved versions of things. But in our lives as Christians, we need to remind each other of what we are doing right and just simply say, "Hey, you're doing well, just keep doing what you're doing!"

Encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

1 Thessalonians 5:11

The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy.
The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose.

Charles Dickens

Heaven

AMEN AND AMEN, Hev, ENCOURAGMENT To Each Other Aside From Prayer And Standing Fast In The Lord , Is A Wonderful Thing , in way may not be perfect in all things, but strife is better than perfection in the eyes of The Lord, Therfore My Breathren Dearley Beloved and longed For My Joy And Crown So Stand Fast In The Lord My Dearley Beloved Rejoice Always In The Lord AND AGAIN I SAY REJOICE be careful for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication, I Love These Words, LET YOUR MODERATION, Be Known Unto All Me, And FRom The Pslam 106 verse 2 WHO CAN UTTER THE MIGHT ACTS OF THE LORD WHO CAN ? SHOW FORTH ALL HIS PRAISE, Let Your Request Be Made Known Unto God And The Peace Of God WHICH PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDING SHALL KEEP YOUR MINDS AND HEARTS Through Christ, Our Lord Whatsoever things are pure whatsoever thinga are lovley whatsoever things of good report if there be any virture AND IF THERE BE ANY PRAISE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA We ARE To THINK ON IT AND PRAISE GOD For All His Done So We Can KEEP ON FOUCUSING ON THOPSE MIGHT ACTS AMEN , Think On These Things AND THE PEACE OF THE LORD SHALL BE WITH YOU AGAIN , PHI, Chapter 4 ,1,8
Old 06-07-2006, 12:41 AM   #1242
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 6th

"Living water."

Many of us have experienced spiritual drought. We find ourselves in a desert of doubt and apathy. Nothing seems to be the way we want it to be, and frankly, we really don't care. We wonder if God is listening; all we hear is the echo of our own voices. God's loving touch is so necessary in our lives. We cannot live without the water that Jesus offered the woman at the well. This living water quenches the spiritual thirst and brings our drought to an end. Ask God for the living water. He will issue forth a flood to wash you and refresh you.

He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.

Psalm 72:6

Drench me in the waters of love and life.

Unknown

Heaven

As We Go Through Floods And Oceans To Swim Through There Comes Droughts But As Your Tears Refresh You And Cleanse You You Can Feel The Strengeth And Reasurance In That Water Of Love And Life,
Old 06-07-2006, 06:09 AM   #1243
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 7th

"The perfect word."

It's a comfort when we are searching for absolutes to actually find them. According to this proverb, such absolute truth will shield us. What from? Every subtle deceit, every malicious word, every doctrinal error, and every false messiah. Much to our dismay, the world is full of empty promises. If we are left to ourselves to figure them all out, we will spend our lives tossed around on tumultuous waves of competing "truths." By the time we obtain understanding by our own efforts, it's too late to settle on the foundation of God's wisdom. In short, we need to be anchored in revelation.

Every word of God proves true. He defends all who come to him for protection.

Proverbs 30:5

We must both affirm the inerrancy of Scripture and then live under it.

Francis Schaeffer

Heaven

Old 06-08-2006, 06:16 AM   #1244
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 8th

"Guiding yourself on the right path."

David used every technique he knew to ensure that he'd do things God's way. He programmed God's Word into himself so that he could retrieve it at crucial points along the way. He recited God's Word aloud, reinforcing his learning. He studied and reflected on God's Word. All this transformed his character and kept him on the right path.

How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your Word and following its rules.

Psalm 119:9

Let the Bible fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet.

Henrietta Mears

Heaven

Old 06-09-2006, 03:36 AM   #1245
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 7th

"The perfect word."

It's a comfort when we are searching for absolutes to actually find them. According to this proverb, such absolute truth will shield us. What from? Every subtle deceit, every malicious word, every doctrinal error, and every false messiah. Much to our dismay, the world is full of empty promises. If we are left to ourselves to figure them all out, we will spend our lives tossed around on tumultuous waves of competing "truths." By the time we obtain understanding by our own efforts, it's too late to settle on the foundation of God's wisdom. In short, we need to be anchored in revelation.

Every word of God proves true. He defends all who come to him for protection.

Proverbs 30:5

We must both affirm the inerrancy of Scripture and then live under it.

Francis Schaeffer

Heaven Bless you Hev, for opening that Proverb, THE ALMIGHTY GOD The Voice Of Truth Is Our Protection

and the voice of The Living God Will Indeed Protect Us From All false hoods How could we ever go go estray from his mighty thunder, Proverbs 9.22.31