++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-12-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
caseycarson
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Live Vids on YouTube from 2009 Reunion Tour

I can't hold back anymore. I was the biggest Creed fan back in the day - Saw them no less than 10 times - Was ecstatic when I heard there would be a reunion tour - But holy shit. They SUCK now. And when I say "they," I'm referring to Stapp's voice. It's seriously PAINFUL for me to watch and listen to....not to mention the fact that he's always been kind of "douchebaggy" but it seems like he is now more than ever.

After listening and watching Alter Bridge for the past 2 or 3 years, I can't wait for this tour to come to an end so they can get back to "the side project." I forgot where I read this but someone wrote "Myles singing under water is better than Stapp." I've never believed it so much than after watching these new vids on YouTube.....RIP Creed.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #2
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »
Re: Live Vids on YouTube from 2009 Reunion Tour

the argument is in thread "Live videos from Buffalo, NY" have fun..

Last edited by XALTERBRIDGEX : 08-12-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
nagpo
USER INFO »

Okay, feel free to leave.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by caseycarson) I can't hold back anymore. I was the biggest Creed fan back in the day - Saw them no less than 10 times - Was ecstatic when I heard there would be a reunion tour - But holy shit. They SUCK now. And when I say "they," I'm referring to Stapp's voice. It's seriously PAINFUL for me to watch and listen to....not to mention the fact that he's always been kind of "douchebaggy" but it seems like he is now more than ever.

After listening and watching Alter Bridge for the past 2 or 3 years, I can't wait for this tour to come to an end so they can get back to "the side project." I forgot where I read this but someone wrote "Myles singing under water is better than Stapp." I've never believed it so much than after watching these new vids on YouTube.....RIP Creed.

"Douchebaggy" or not... Stapp has always had one ability that Myles Kennedy hasn't had: the ability to sell millions of records. So, in one aspect, Stapp has had more of an impact on rock and roll history. Myles Kennedy is extremely talented, but for whatever reason, he doesn't seem to have the golden touch.

This record will show us whether or not if Creed is relevent in today's rock music scene.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by caseycarson) I can't hold back anymore. I was the biggest Creed fan back in the day - Saw them no less than 10 times - Was ecstatic when I heard there would be a reunion tour - But holy shit. They SUCK now. And when I say "they," I'm referring to Stapp's voice. It's seriously PAINFUL for me to watch and listen to....not to mention the fact that he's always been kind of "douchebaggy" but it seems like he is now more than ever.

I wouldn't say they suck (Tremonti & Co. still bring it) but I agree that Stapp's best days are way behind him.

It's OK though. Alter Bridge will be back before we know it. This reunion is nothing more than a cash grab.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

^Chase I have to disagree with you. Saying that Stapp is better because he sold more records..come on! In a day where illegal downloading has cost records to all artist including AB. Also "Human Clay" was Creeds most succesful album mainly because of the pop crossover they got, where as Alter Bridge does not have that pop crowd. I think "Full Circle" is going to take a big hit with the way people download muisc illegally, that Creed didnt have to worry about on the first 3 records.

Last edited by XALTERBRIDGEX : 08-12-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
nflea7
USER INFO »

Given the fact that the top selling album of 2008 for rock was Kid rock at 2 million copies followed by a very close AC/DC at just under 2 million, I think Creed has a huge hill to climb. Gone are the days when they could move Human Clay (11 million) kind of numbers or even Weathered (6 mil) I think if they do a Walmart exclusive deal they might have a shot at over 2 million, but I think the days of selling even over 3 million disks are gone. Same thing with radio, with fewer and fewer Rock radio stations Creed might not be able to attract new fans they way they did 10 years ago.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #8
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) ^Chase I have to disagree with you. Saying that Stapp is better because he sold more records..come on! In a day where illegal downloading has cost records to all artist including AB. Also "Human Clay" was Creeds most succesful album mainly because of the pop crossover they got, where as Alter Bridge does not have that pop crowd. I think "Full Circle" is going to take a big hit with the way people download muisc illegally, that Creed didnt have to worry about on the first 3 records.
-Not entirely true..Music downloading was as mainstream back then..Creed had no problems breaking the Beatles record of 10 straight weeks and also sold more cd's than either previous release..Downloading is irrelevant..If people like something enough they will buy it...otherwise artist would not still be going platinum in record sales...I remember a program called napster and how it spawned p2p use during that time...
Old 08-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #9
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) This record will show us whether or not if Creed is relevent in today's rock music scene.
The abysmal ticket sales have already showed us how relevant they are.

The new album won't change anything. Creed had their 15 minutes. They're done.

Whoever at Live Nation gave Creed all that money probably got fired.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:19 AM   #10
BSC
USER INFO »

To the OP could I just put out... That you are watching Youtube videos.

Go see Creed live and i'm sure your opinion will be different.

I'm sick of this arguement...
Old 08-13-2009, 03:24 AM   #11
truthbetold
USER INFO »

alright, I hardly ever post on here but, now I feel its time. For years now Ive come on here and read what people had to say about creed and alterbridge and, for the most part its been a good experience, but lately its been bugging me. First of all let me say hello to everyone whos been to a recent concert, because they rocked the house when i was there. second let me point to the title of the thread "live vids on youtube from 2009 tour". Yeah Im gonna judge something by what I see on tv or the computer for that matter. I was there in hershey on the 9th and it rocked. the crowd sucked but thats another thing. From beginning to end creed did what creed does, they sweep you away. Yes scotts voice has changed a little but its still there. You can here it. There are certain parts to songs that you can hear him about to snarl and growl but he stops and sings. In my opinion thats because hes preserving and is a little scared of history repeating itself, and with his new found view on life he's playing it safe. I also think the rest of the band respects that because they see him as a better person now, and for those who like to hate, yes it is possible to change. I have seen bands like staind who are good by the way and 3 doors down, breaking benjamin, theory of a deadman, so on and so forth and nobody puts on a show like creed. Ive seen creed 4 times and the show the other night was in the top 2.... Sorry for the long post just felt like venting...... peace.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #12
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by truthbetold) alright, I hardly ever post on here but, now I feel its time. For years now Ive come on here and read what people had to say about creed and alterbridge and, for the most part its been a good experience, but lately its been bugging me. First of all let me say hello to everyone whos been to a recent concert, because they rocked the house when i was there. second let me point to the title of the thread "live vids on youtube from 2009 tour". Yeah Im gonna judge something by what I see on tv or the computer for that matter. I was there in hershey on the 9th and it rocked. the crowd sucked but thats another thing. From beginning to end creed did what creed does, they sweep you away. Yes scotts voice has changed a little but its still there. You can here it. There are certain parts to songs that you can hear him about to snarl and growl but he stops and sings. In my opinion thats because hes preserving and is a little scared of history repeating itself, and with his new found view on life he's playing it safe. I also think the rest of the band respects that because they see him as a better person now, and for those who like to hate, yes it is possible to change. I have seen bands like staind who are good by the way and 3 doors down, breaking benjamin, theory of a deadman, so on and so forth and nobody puts on a show like creed. Ive seen creed 4 times and the show the other night was in the top 2.... Sorry for the long post just felt like venting...... peace.
Right on!! I have seen them twice and each time was awesome..I cant wait for the Hartfird CT show..I know the crowd will be great because the have always packed the house here..
Old 08-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #13
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) The abysmal ticket sales have already showed us how relevant they are.

-How can u in your right mind say that?It is so early in this tour and the album hasnt even been released...I feel that drawing on average 14,000 people a night at a arena that holds twenty thousand is pretty damn good during a recession as well as for a band that hasnt released a song in seven years...This tour has sold pretty considering the recession and no new music being played other than the oldie but goodie...ChrisGT....Once the single and the CD drop watch how many shows will have better ticket sales...
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #14
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) ^Chase I have to disagree with you. Saying that Stapp is better because he sold more records..come on! In a day where illegal downloading has cost records to all artist including AB. Also "Human Clay" was Creeds most succesful album mainly because of the pop crossover they got, where as Alter Bridge does not have that pop crowd. I think "Full Circle" is going to take a big hit with the way people download muisc illegally, that Creed didnt have to worry about on the first 3 records.

I'm not saying Stapp is a better vocalist, I'm merely saying that he has had an ability in the past to sell records. Like it or not, his voice and Tremonti's guitar work have made them filthy rich. So rich, that they can afford to move on to other ventures that aren't nearly as successful as Creed. Compare Mayfield 4 to Creed. It's hard for me to even find one person out on the street who even knows who Myles Kennedy is. For whatever reason, however, Stapp has had the ability to hit a nerve with people (good or bad).

Perhaps Creed's 15 minutes is up. If it is, that's fine. They have nothing to hang their heads about. In their day, they were at the top in terms of success. But to sit there and judge them based on a few YouTube videos of their first few shows is a bit ludacris. If their new record sucks, then it is safe to say that they're most likely done.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #15
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) The abysmal ticket sales have already showed us how relevant they are.

If Nickelback and 3 Doors Down are somewho relevent, I wouldn't rule Creed out. Nickelback has literally rehashed every song since their breakout hits... and have still been sitting comfortably in terms of sales. 3 Doors Down are still going steady. Or, they can fall flat like Fuel did after they lost Brett Scallions. Who knows? Only time will tell.

Maybe you can lead a boycott full of your fellow, sensitive Alter Bridge fans.