++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-06-2002, 11:43 AM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by shunammite
I am sure Hillaree is very troubled, but suicide attempts can also be attempts to manipulate things and get your way.  However that doesn't mean she doesn't feel at the end of her rope.  But it doesn't mean...well I don't know what it means.

Yes, they can be attempts at manipulation, but anyone who even entertains the idea, seriously or not, is deeply troubled and in need of serious help.

Welcome to the bb, shunnammite. It is indeed a place for the real fans without a lot of the BS that finds its way to other sites. Steve, the administrator of this site, does an awesome job!
Old 12-06-2002, 11:54 AM   #17
shunammite
USER INFO »
Thanks much for the kind welcome, I would live here 24/7 but I have a BAD longstanding internet habit, several other boards, it all started with Creed, but it's broader now, lots of "philosophy", I guess it mainly boils down to self-therapy, I am much better, but still it's hard to go back to mundane life rather than GET MY WORK DONE!

The bottom line being, I may not be able to participate here too much, trying to save my marriage of 26 years! My husband and I are Jack Spratt and his wife, God amuses Himself by getting opposite people to marry each other, apparently.

But I LOVE THIS SITE ALREADY, and will look in when I can!!!

*is eager to see what kinds of conversations people have about lyrics here*

But also apprehensive, I figured out that "analysis" is really DESTRUCTIVE rather than creative, and the first four letters are "ANAL". But hey, some of us are creative, and some of us are anal, I LIKE to "analyze".
Old 12-06-2002, 12:04 PM   #18
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yikes! I know how addicting this can be for sure. I was never into the whole message boad thing because of all the negativity. I thought it was a waste of my time --- until I stumbled on this site trying to feed my need for more Creed info. I've been hooked ever since and I have met some very nice people here and in person. Six months ago, I would have laughed if you told me I would be hooked on a message board of any kind. Who knew?
Old 12-06-2002, 12:33 PM   #19
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Same goes for me too, dogstar. I never thought I'd be on a message board myself but like some other new people have said, this is a great place to share our thoughts and feelings about the band we truly love and care about!! I know I'm really enjoying myself and enjoy getting all the information about the band here as well.

Relearn Love
Old 12-06-2002, 03:33 PM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Same here, Creedfan63. And might I offer you a fine hearty welcome! Glad you found your way here!
Old 12-06-2002, 04:15 PM   #21
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Thanks for the welcome, Dogstar!! I'm really enjoying myself and communicating/sharing with all the rest of you wonderful Creed fans!!

Relearn Love
Old 12-06-2002, 08:42 PM   #22
franrn
USER INFO »
It's to bad that she attempted suicide,what ever the reason. I think Scott did the right thing in getting custody right away for the sake of Jagger. I know that constant fear of someone trying to commit suicide. It's nerve racking and you have to take ever comment or gesture seriously because you never know if they WILL do it. I feel for Scott and his family. I lost a dear friend to suicde and almost my brother. Lots of prayers and I'll be sure to light a candle for them.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:07 PM   #23
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
I just find it scary, when people can get hold of records so easily.[/i]

Even scarier: People have records to begin with. But I agree with you.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:08 PM   #24
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by franrn
It's to bad that she attempted suicide,what ever the reason. I think Scott did the right thing in getting custody right away for the sake of Jagger. I know that constant fear of someone trying to commit suicide. It's nerve racking and you have to take ever comment or gesture seriously because you never know if they WILL do it. I feel for Scott and his family. I lost a dear friend to suicde and almost my brother. Lots of prayers and I'll be sure to light a candle for them.

We love ya Fran, such a heart!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-07-2002, 03:46 PM   #25
PassionFollower
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Yikes! I know how addicting this can be for sure. I was never into the whole message boad thing because of all the negativity. I thought it was a waste of my time --- until I stumbled on this site trying to feed my need for more Creed info. I've been hooked ever since and I have met some very nice people here and in person. Six months ago, I would have laughed if you told me I would be hooked on a message board of any kind. Who knew?

amen to that! i just came here to get some info too and now i'm hooked! everbody here is so nice and welcoming and funny! it's great and i am totally addicted!!

What if your words could be judged like a crime?

We all live under the reign of one king.

I still believe there's something left for you and me!
Old 12-07-2002, 03:54 PM   #26
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by franrn

it is a very good thing that scott got custody right away. could you imagine being on the road, all over the place, and to have to wonder if the person watching your child was attempting suicide, just the thought is so scary. i know in that media deal on the opening page of creedfeed, when scott said that hilaree is young and wants to experience things and even though amanda helps out a lot, that he is basically Jaggar's Mom and Dad. what a sad thing to have to say. i don't care how much you want to experience, this is your CHILD!!!!! I tell you what, scott is quite the understanding man, if it were my husband.......................... i can't even say!!!!!!!!!!! let me find that media link and post it just incase someone hasn't seen it.
Old 12-07-2002, 04:07 PM   #27
hotforscott
USER INFO »
to go to this, just go to the opeing page of creedfeed, then click the media link to the left and it is the first one, THE NEED FOR CREED!

Here is the particular paragraph I was talking about.

Stapp is the father of a 3-year-old boy, Jagger, the offspring of his 16-month marriage to his ex-wife, Hillaree, now 23. "She's young," Stapp says, "and she wants to experience things. So, my sister Amanda helps out, but I'm basically Jagger's mom and dad." Single fatherhood is a big responsibility, but Stapp is up for the task, particularly when it comes to teaching his son a different brand of spirituality. "God wasn't revealed to me for 17 years of my life," he says. "God was revealed to me when I went away from that and had my own experiences. God was revealed to me through humanity and nature and everything that's around us. That's how I'm raising my son. If he wants to go to church, he can go to church, when he's old enough to make that decision
Old 12-07-2002, 09:41 PM   #28
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
cool..he's saying that because he doesn't want Jagger's future to be like his... And it's working, i think. Scott is a sure amazing dad/mum!
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 12-07-2002, 10:19 PM   #29
hotforscott
USER INFO »
he really is a great father. i just adore him for that.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:05 PM   #30
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
he really is a great father. i just adore him for that.

That is one of the BIG reasons I am soooooo attracted to him!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"