++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-05-2002, 02:22 AM   #61
souldancer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
That's the Creedhead spirit! Just what the doctor ordered...your songs are coming your way! Priming you - less than four weeks away!
Old 12-05-2002, 02:23 AM   #62
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Old 12-05-2002, 10:02 AM   #63
PassionFollower
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by KBoo925

Hey PassionFollower...maybe we'll meet on NYE!

i'm GA so i'll be there nice and early to freeze right along with everybody! love ta meet ya!

amber

What if your words could be judged like a crime?

We all live under the reign of one king.

I still believe there's something left for you and me!
Old 12-05-2002, 08:26 PM   #64
tremontigirltpa
USER INFO »
Um - I was at the Tampa show and I didn't see any microphones being thrown there - or any F words being used. Scott was talking about life alot and how he has had a hard time lately - but he got more positive as the show went on and said thanks for us letting him have 2 hrs of release.

I'm sure he is going through some hard times with everything going on - and he gets to voice how he feels to us fans - maybe right now he feels like we are the only thing keeping his head up - I'm glad he shared some of his feelings at the Tampa show - it makes you realize that he is a human being too and has just as many feelings and issues that we do. Sometimes people lose sight of that when someone is famous - suddenly they arent human anymore.

When you are with me I’m free…I’m careless…I believe
Old 12-05-2002, 08:52 PM   #65
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Thanks for that message tremontigirlpa...it was so good to hear that...what a relief to know that Scot is talking about positive things and reaching out to the fans. I can't wait to reach back on NYE and many more times in the future as well.
LOVE to Creed and all!!!

Hey Amber...we should connect so we can find each other at the show...send me a pm. Where are you coming from? Did you guys get hit by the snow today? I sure hope Mother Nature is kind to us for NYE.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:06 PM   #66
tremontigirltpa
USER INFO »
Have fun on NYE!! That will be a blast - wish I could be there!!

Another thing Scott kept saying was that we were one big circle and that he would give us back as much energy as we were giving him - Tampa to me was pretty loud and when he would hold out the microphone people were singing the songs SO LOUD!! That got him more pumped up as the night went on.....I've heard some cities and the people who attended were kinda lame - that probably pisses him off - which I can understand - could you imagine getting up there giving all your energy to a bunch of bumps on the log.

My advice for all those future concerts coming up - GET LOUD and show CREED what the fans are made of!!!

When you are with me I’m free…I’m careless…I believe
Old 12-05-2002, 09:16 PM   #67
KBoo925
USER INFO »
I know what you mean. When I way them at Hershey...everyone was singing loud and Scot seemed to excited...he kep making this gesture like "YES!" as we were singing. It was a beautiful exchange. My sis said that she couldn't imaging how amazing it must feel for him to hear us all singing his words. I hope that brings him satisfaction and joy....he deserves it for all he has brought to us. I know I'll be singing and screaming my lungs out on NYE!!
Old 12-05-2002, 09:17 PM   #68
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Ugh...sorry for all the bad spelling and grammer in that last post...I'm soooo sleepy tonight...gnite all:embarass:
Old 12-05-2002, 09:43 PM   #69
krzycreedbabe
USER INFO »
umm i would say something...but i dont know what to say...i actaully had tears in my eyes...and i read every single post on this thread just now...i think im in shock...the guys are in my prayers..

www.evanescence.com - check em out!
Old 12-06-2002, 10:02 AM   #70
shunammite
USER INFO »
I also just read the whole thread. And this is only my second post on this site. I'm a long time fan though.

A DIE HARD FAN.

I hope Stapp can stand the strain. How we would hate to lose him as an artist. But his work will still speak for him.

And people screaming in pain can also be instructive for others.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:13 AM   #71
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Welcome to the bb, Shunammite. We are all trying to send positive thoughts to the band. Just 3 more weeks and they can finally get the downtime they need.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-06-2002, 10:21 AM   #72
shunammite
USER INFO »
I just love your signature Teri.

I have a hard time looking people in the eye.

I know people who have trained/forced themselves to do it, but I don't have that kind of self control.

But I would like to "meet people", to really be in touch with them.

The internet has been such a godsend to me, you can touch people without the interference of outward appearance.

And Creed led me to the internet. But Creed has blessed me over and over, led me back to "pop culture" as an avenue for real Understanding of how other people feel, rather than just letting the "powers that be" TELL you what you are SUPPOSED to feel.

Unlike those who hide the truth, they tell it like it is.

But as a Metallica song points out, Bad Seed, "they swing the noose again" for the man who dares to tell the truth. But that's ok, the testimony of dying men carries a lot of weight. And we are all dying. Dying to Live.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:39 AM   #73
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by shunammite
<b>I just love your signature Teri.
I have a hard time looking people in the eye.
I know people who have trained/forced themselves to do it, but I don't have that kind of self control.
But I would like to "meet people", to really be in touch with them.
The internet has been such a godsend to me, you can touch people without the interference of outward appearance.
</b>

Shunammite, once you've looked into Scott Stapp's eyes, you'll never have trouble looking into them again. We locked eyes at the Ft. Wayne show and it was like nothing else. He and Dogstar had a staring contest that I thought would go on the entire show!!

But I understand what you mean about meeting people without the interference of outward appearance. It seems much safer to type words into a computer and have a conversation that way. But one thing I found funny, I always had been trained through the media I suppose, that the internet was a place full of grotesque disgusting personalities all lurking in the shadows just waiting to pounce on some poor innocent schlep. I was completely changed by my visit to Ft. Wayne where I had the pleasure of meeting up with Souldancer, Luvscott4ever and Dogstar from this bb. We met there, saw Creed together and formed a really true lasting friendship that I hope will last many many years. Funny, I was never nervous for even a moment about traveling to another city and meeting 3 strangers I met on the internet because through posting on this bb, PM'ing and emailing these women, I felt as if we had come to know each other very well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if you never get the opportunity to meet people face to face, this is a great outlet to find friendships and companionships through a common love. In this instance, it's our common love for Creed that has brought us together.

(You'll soon find that I'm a bit long-winded when trying to be philosophical! )

Old 12-06-2002, 10:52 AM   #74
shunammite
USER INFO »
I had a friend from Creednet, Cynt4, her husband was sent to my town for medical treatment, we have a special burn center here but it also handles amputees and he had bad diabetes, he had a toe amputated, and then his foot, and then he died. She couldn't visit him initially, he had no one here, I visited him several times until she was able to be here.

We embraced and cried in her hotel room the day he died.

And over his bed in intensive care as he was dying.

She was 41, I'm 51. I have a mentally ill 23 yr old son, "I've seen the wicked fruit of your vine destroy the man who lacks a strong mind", it was fear of "hell" that pushed him over the edge, that lyric brought me to Creed, along with my 17 yr old who went MAD for them at about 12. It took me a while to "get it" though.

I lost touch with Cynt though, because she fell under the sway of John Edwards after her husband's death and I just think that is um empty. But she does send me a note now and then. We really had nothing in common except a mutual love for Creed and a sense that we were both hurting human beings.

I also have a close friend, a 21 yr old boy from Ok, via Creednet, much like my son but handling it much better, we have exchanged many emails/gifts/LENGTHY aim convos.

I posted over 10,000 times at Creednet, many times 3 pages, few can touch me for "longwinded". But it took a LOT OF TALKING to get all the pain out. Or to transform it into something usable.

I wonder if Stapp will be better off not touring. I guess so, but he needs useful occupation also. I hope he knows how to give himself therapy, the internet is WONDERFUL for that. So is listening to Creed. And Metallica. And AIC. My three faves.

And I didn't listen to ANY ROCK for twenty years, until about 5 years ago! But now I listen to all sorts of things, and read all sorts of things also, with "new eyes". It is true, children DO give you a new set of eyes to view the world, but only by gouging out your old ones, it hurts like hell!

And I didn't exactly get to look into Stapp's eyes, but I was "six feet from the edge" OF THE CATWALK IN ATLANTA LAST JAN! With my 17 yr old! We were in HEAVEN! He is a beautiful man, but I didn't even find him ATTRACTIVE until I understood his lyrics! Strange but true.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:02 AM   #75
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I fell in love with this band sight unseen. The music touched me long before their faces ever did. I came to the board seeking knowledge about Scott's accident and never left. People have come and gone on this bb, some I still keep in touch with, some not. But overall, my experience on the bb has been great and I think it's a very healthy thing, reaching out to others who have either gone through similar experiences or just touching base with those who understand you. Please hang out with us awhile and find some good friends here like you did on the other bb's. This really is a great place. Who knows, maybe you'll even decided to meet us in Florida in May. Stick around and get to know us.