++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-11-2005, 11:52 AM   #76
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
WOW! It seems like the 'confrontational threads' aren't just resigned to the SS forum.

First of all, sorry, I can't agree with a previous post that deemed Stapp as lucky. Charisma is a tool - if you have it, use it. Stapp has plenty of it and he knows how to use it. As for his voice, people love him for it, people hate him for it. As for his lyrics - same thing. It's all a matter of taste.

Myles has a better voice technically than Stapp, but I prefer Stapp's - again, a matter of taste. After seeing them live I can also say that Myles does have stage presence. I have only seen Creed live in videos, but I would say that Stapp has more presence - perhaps a better word is different.

And, don't worry Trimontana, if you get enjoyment from seeing AB live then do it. I travel a lot to see my footie team play (well, not at the moment - they're pretty dire)

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger

Last edited by Robin101 : 12-11-2005 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:17 PM   #77
Vliegs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) If you're a Stapp fan, you are the LAST person to be throwing stones here...again, you seem to be a little mixed up, as you seem to be referring to the "Jesus Christ Pose" that Stapp the "Leather Messiah" has PERFECTED...seen a Creed video EVER? Watch WAWO and let's hear about your theories on simulated crucifixtion...

DI-TTO! I used to be a stapp fan back when I was a huge Creed fanatic and even then his crucifixion poses got annoying considering he did them constantly in concert.

Quote:
Quote: Odd in the way that he doesn't move. His facial expressions are almost non-exsistant.

Is that right? Well...I could find you TONS of pictures to prove you WRONG, but, well, we'll start here:

http://www.axlar.com/site/index.php?p=abp

if you need anymore, look around...

Allow me to input a few pictures and a video as well to make it all that much easier to see Myles enthusiasm on the stage.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...3/IMG_0809.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...3/IMG_0768.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...3/IMG_0880.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...3/IMG_0752.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...twerp/f3bf.jpg

Here's a video of FTR performance at the Download Festival in the UK.

http://www.abbmedia.net/Alter_Bridge...U mAnClAy.zip
Old 12-11-2005, 12:45 PM   #78
Vliegs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19)
Quote: he has the potential to destroy this band with those silly drug *fu*CKe* movements when he plays guitar

gelemote, I'm still waiting for you to explain this statement. As far as I know, NO ONE understands what you mean.

I'm still waiting on that one as well. Are you trying to say "drunk fucking" movements. If so, let me remind you of Stapp's incessant humping of Mark's leg during concerts. I'm surprised the hair on Mark's leg wasn't rubbed off from Stapp doing that so many times. I've seen far more pelvic action from Stapp in concert than Myles. Considering Stapp is claiming his music is "sexy rock 'n roll" now I guess that's going to be the standard in his concerts still, only possibly having more "drunk fucking" movements?
Old 12-11-2005, 01:16 PM   #79
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Vliegs, I agree, I'm still not understanding what gelemote means. Whatever it was that ctfan was describing, I guess I've got a really thick head because I still don't get it.

One thing I would like to say in Myles' defense as a front man is this. For those who say he doesn't know how to work the crowd, YOU'RE WRONG. I think that covers it sufficiently.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-11-2005, 01:19 PM   #80
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes, indeed. And whoever said he doesn't move on stage??? He's up and down the rail a lot, shaking hands with fans, high-fiving them and doing a fair amount of dancing around with the mike.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:30 PM   #81
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) And, don't worry Trimontana, if you get enjoyment from seeing AB live then do it. I travel a lot to see my footie team play (well, not at the moment - they're pretty dire)
Thanks so much Robin, you are very kind.

Yeah, i am waiting for a explanation too. Myles moves all around the stage (example: watch the ARTS clip i posted here) and he has loads of interaction with the crowd. I think they 4 feel very comfortable on stage. Myles is a very generous lead singer, i mean, he leaves space for Brian and Mark to take the stage anytime and he has never been selfish trying to get all the attention on himself.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:38 PM   #82
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Myles' the man!
Vliegs, thos pics, are the first part of them from the Astoria show in london this november? I think I recognize those exakt moves from that show... Might not be but it feels just like it... Any ways...

We're all curios about those moves that you're reffering to Gelemote... Pleace! Tell us...

Myles' humble, have greate stage precens, a greate voice (taste), great tech, "feels the lyrics" (taste), and can sing with no problem (not taste)... I mean, come on! If you would have made a thread that wasn't based on your own opinion and have the facts told then we could have a discussion, but now you just jumping on the persons and telling them that they don't have any idea of what they're talking about (haven't said it flat out but that's the impression one gets) and not telling us what those movements are AND just keeps saying he's worse then Stapp (wich is an opinoin that stans for you, but we don't need to hear that!)
Old 12-11-2005, 02:12 PM   #83
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
I certainly don't have the depth or grasp of musical knowledge the way evyll does. I can only speak from my own experiences and perceptions. I said it the first time I ever saw Myles "perform" and it was in a dinky little rehearsal studio. His perfromance struck me as more organic, more from "his gut", he is more about musicianship. Stapp is all about showmanship. Neither approach is wrong. They're just differen't.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #84
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
"Dinky little rehearsal studio"? Where was that? When was it? Would have loved to be there...

I would agree with you but take it a bit fearther, Stapp is all about HIS showmanship...
Old 12-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #85
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
evylsummer you are awesome... your understanding of vocalists astounds and amazes me... I didn't know anyone was that RIGHT about anything, lol
Old 12-11-2005, 05:56 PM   #86
Vliegs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) evylsummer you are awesome... your understanding of vocalists astounds and amazes me... I didn't know anyone was that RIGHT about anything, lol

pssssssttt...gotta keep comments like that on the DL, otherwise his head's gonna swell like a balloon again.

he does rule though
Old 12-11-2005, 06:46 PM   #87
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Don't encourage him. lol
Old 12-11-2005, 09:53 PM   #88
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Anyone who hasn't seen Myles live (in-person) really shouldn't dismiss him. Looking at photos or even videos is not the same. AB brings an energy to the room that Creed never did, and the obvious difference is Myles over Stapp. I have seen both 3 times. The first Creed show I saw was the best, whereas each AB show has gotten better, and this last one I went to was maybe the best show I have ever seen (up there with Weezer/Foo Fighters and Audioslave/Seether). I don't know of Myles doing "drug/drunk movements." That really makes no sense, and if you mean he stands still and doesn't move, you are completely wrong. You cite the MLB All-Star performance. That is easily their worst performance I have seen, and keep in mind all the limitations that come into play when you are being filmed and on live TV.

If I could buy tickets to an AB show for everyone who thinks they suck, or thinks Myles is a sub-par singer, I would. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury and all I can do is strongly urge you to go to a show. That is all.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #89
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Vliegs, I agree, I'm still not understanding what gelemote means. Whatever it was that ctfan was describing, I guess I've got a really thick head because I still don't get it.

One thing I would like to say in Myles' defense as a front man is this. For those who say he doesn't know how to work the crowd, YOU'RE WRONG. I think that covers it sufficiently.

OKay well i watched the Ahava tobaco salad clip wateva its called and he was starting to get annoying the way he was playing guitar, it was showing off big time.. I miss stapp and his strumming chords over the DONT STOP DANCINGG SOLO live at saltlake 2002 olympics
LOLL. thats the ulitmate.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:59 PM   #90
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
^^^ Well, that song is an instrumental, so I would expect them to have a lot fun with the dueling guitars. I saw the video, too, and to me, it looked as if they were having a blast with it.