++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-30-2002, 12:48 PM   #1
allison
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
going to Atlanta!!!

I just wanted to share my profound joy with all my fellow Creed fans here: I am officially going to see Creed again 11/27 in Atlanta!!! Who knew they'd be back to Atlanta. They just added the show to the schedule. I am stoked beyond belief. Atlanta's only 6 hours from Chapel Hill. I am going with another die-hard that I met in Richmond. We shared the rail right in front of Tremonti. I already asked off of work and everything. I am just so excited I had to tell someone.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 09-30-2002, 12:57 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Excellent, Allison. I'm sure you will have a rocking good time.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:22 PM   #3
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: going to Atlanta!!!

Quote: Originally posted by allison
I just wanted to share my profound joy with all my fellow Creed fans here:  I am officially going to see Creed again 11/27 in Atlanta!!!  Who knew they'd be back to Atlanta.  They just added the show to the schedule.  I am stoked beyond belief.  Atlanta's only 6 hours from Chapel Hill.  I am going with another die-hard that I met in Richmond.  We shared the rail right in front of Tremonti.  I already asked off of work and everything.  I am just so excited I had to tell someone.
Allison, that is OUTSTANDING, I know you'll have a great time. Have to ask you something though, how early did you get to the venue to get on the rail?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-30-2002, 11:10 PM   #4
faceless kiwi
USER INFO »
Have fun!
Well ofcource u will

And as we gathered in the ashes
Said "fire em up boys and let 'em go"
They're making music for the masses
Sliced up real thin for the radio.

Now all that you took for granted
Has been replaced. Replaced by an actor. And now that you're left with nothing but more of the same.
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?
You all sound the same, With nothing to say. We say your an actor!."

PACIFIER- NOTHING
Old 10-01-2002, 12:48 AM   #5
BigBassDrummer
USER INFO »
I'll be there too! WOO HOO!!!!!! If you want the rail at a concert, you have got to be there AS SOON AS THE GATES ALLOW YOU IN!!!! Do NOT be a minute late... trust me!
Old 10-01-2002, 01:22 AM   #6
BigBassDrummer
USER INFO »
btw.... 12 Stones and Our Lady Peace are the openers It doesn't say so on Creed.com, but it says so at http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?...t=BGAATPH&Key=Y
Old 10-01-2002, 09:25 AM   #7
allison
USER INFO »
BBD- What do mean by as soon as the gates open - Do you mean the doors to the venue or the parking gates, or what?

Have you been to the Phillips Arena and do you know how many tickets are sold for the pit or "GA"? I called Phillips but the woman I talked to was clueless.

Do you know how early people will start arriving? I plan on getting there in the a.m. (I hope other people going don't read these posts and decide to go super early)

I wonder if we'll do the number on the hands thing again. Aaaagh! I always get so nervous!

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-01-2002, 10:59 AM   #8
BigBassDrummer
USER INFO »
ok, first of all.... no need to sweat! There's no point in getting there in the AM because the gates don't usually open for venues until 5 or so... you need to check with Phillips a few days before the show to check for opening times... I went to the Phillips Arena for the Creed concert in January. The parking garages are not even CLOSE to the arena, so you'll have to do some walking... basically, you'll want to check with Phillips to get the opening times for doors, then make sure you PARK an hour before the doors open. It'll take you about 15 mintus to walk to the doors. Next, when you get in, DO NOT buy merchandise! Go STRAIGHT to the pit and get on the wall. People will try to move you aside when Creed comes on, but I found that if you prop your foot up against the wall and wrap your arms around the railing, they can't move you. You may end up standing there and gaurding your spot for a good 2 hours before the concert even begins. Its a HUGE pit, so you might have some competition. I don't think there are ant ticket limits for the pit, but as soon as TicketMaster lists the show on their site, it should say if there is one. As far as the size of the pit, its prolly a good 500-700 people.... not quite sure. Hope that was the info you were looking for! Let me know if you need anything else... maybe we can meet up at the show! I'm going with 3 other people.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:55 PM   #9
allison
USER INFO »
No need to sweat?? I'm always sweating until I am safe and secure, ON THE RAIL. And don't worry, I wouldn't THINK of buying merchandise on my way in. The reason I want to be one of the first ones there is b/c I am spoiled when it comes to my spot - I have always been really lucky and have gotten right on the rail, I prefer the rail right in front of Mark, so that's what I'm going for. Anything less, and I could see myself throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old! My friend (that I met at the Richmond show) and I are going to be spending the night in a hotel the night before and will probably take public transportation to Phillips so we won't have to worry about parking. What time do you plan on getting there?

Wow, are you saying in Jan you parked an hour b/f the doors opened and got on the rail? I can't imagine, but if you did, that's good news.

Yes, we should point ourselves out to each other there. I always like meeting people who I have only "talked" to on the boards. I see you are 6'3", brown/blue. Sound cute, too bad you're young (ha ha). I am 5'7", long blond/blue and I'll be with a girl about 5'4", shoulder length brown. I'll remind you when it gets closer in case you forget.

The woman at Phillips that I talked to yesterday said the show wasn't even confirmed, but it's listed on Creed.com. Have any idea when tickets go on sale?

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-02-2002, 12:22 AM   #10
BigBassDrummer
USER INFO »
No, I didn't get on the rail in Atlanta.... that was my first Creed concert and I was uneducated back then. I was on the rail in Charlotte though! Tickets go on sale a week from this Saturday according to Creed.com, but TicketMaster never updates things until a couple days before the sale date. Yeah, we definitely should meet each other, but exactly how old are you? You said I was a bit young... if you wanna see a pic of me, go to www.geocities.com/big_bass_drummer , but keep in mind, I was only 17 then! That was my senior pics from high school, so I don't look as young anymore.... picture the same guy, only matured
Old 10-02-2002, 02:50 AM   #11
souldancer
USER INFO »
All right! Fantastic news - know you will be right up front hanging on the rail (drooling too).
Old 10-02-2002, 08:39 AM   #12
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
All right!  Fantastic news - know you will be right up front hanging on the rail (drooling too).  

Expect nothing less!
Only 2 more days for you, Souldancer!!!!

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-02-2002, 08:48 AM   #13
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by BigBassDrummer
No, I didn't get on the rail in Atlanta.... that was my first Creed concert and I was uneducated back then. I was on the rail in Charlotte though! Tickets go on sale a week from this Saturday according to Creed.com, but TicketMaster never updates things until a couple days before the sale date. Yeah, we definitely should meet each other, but exactly how old are you? You said I was a bit young... if you wanna see a pic of me, go to www.geocities.com/big_bass_drummer , but keep in mind, I was only 17 then! That was my senior pics from high school, so I don't look as young anymore.... picture the same guy, only matured

Hey BBD - Glad they finally posted the 'on sale' date on Creed.com. I wonder why Ticketmaster is so slow at listing things - other than the fact that they pretty much suck. I would assume they'll go on sale at 10am, would you think? So what to do YOU plan on getting to Phillips on the 27th?

I saw your picture. I am 26, however, which is way too old for you...or you're too young for me, whichever. Too bad, b/c you are a cutie. We can still meet up at the show though. The more people to talk to during those long hours, the better! If you find out before I do what time the tickets go on sale, let me know!

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-02-2002, 10:43 AM   #14
BigBassDrummer
USER INFO »
They'll prolly go on sale at 10 AM, but I've seen tix go on sale at 11...
Old 10-02-2002, 11:36 AM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, it depends where the venue is. If it's in the Midwest, there's an hour difference for us East Coasters. Ticketmaster doesn't tell you that, so you sit there wondering why the tickets aren't available at 10 a.m. your time and then it hits you. Oh yeah, duh, a different time zone. Would be nice for ticketmaster to put that on the Web site.