++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-24-2004, 10:58 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
11/29/2004 - Manchester, England

Post your reviews here.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-01-2004, 02:06 PM   #2
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Late but i'm here to write my review....
First of all thanks to blurry316(Greg) from another AB board, his brother and their friend Jim. It was awesome to met you guys and you were the best company i ever could have in Manchester.

I woke up at 6:00 am on Monday, i got ready and by 8:45am i was at Victoria Coach Station in London. My bus left at 8:00 am destination Manchester. I arrived to Manchester about 13:00 pm and i took a bus to get to Manchester Academy. It was my very first time in Manchester so i was quiet lost and asking to everyone for directions. When i get to the venue i went to the ticket office to collect my ticket but i couldn't and they told me to come back at 5. I just was walking around behind the place (it was around 13:30 pm) and trying to find out where the guys could arrive. It was easy and i just stopped there to smoke a cigarette. The weather was very cold, all you can imaging, and suddenly a bus arrived. That's when i met Bass (i dunno how to write it ,sorry) and we started to talk and wonder if the guys were inside.The driver came down and did a couple of things. A bit later i met Steve (another AB fan). About an hour latter Blurry316, his bother and Jim came but i didn't talk to them until bit later. The bus left the place around 15:30 pm and we started to feel very very cold. Even we were talking we couldn't feel our own bodies, specially our feet. BUT FINALLY......at 17:00 pm the bus returned and ....OH MY GOD!!!! we had our camaras ready. The first one to leave the bus was Mark, that's when i lost all my senses and i wasn't cold any more. He was signing and i decided to go to talk to Flip and Myles (who was the last one to leave the bus). I took a pix with Flip and i gave a delayed Happy Birthday to Myles, but he was very happy. I turned around to talk to Mark and i congratulated him for his fatherhood. He was just glowing and wonderful. i told him i was going to be in the London gig and he said "i will see you there then". I took a pix with him as well and he just made his way to the sound check and just stopped and told me "I see you guys in the soundcheck".
The next was Marshall....so nice and quiet cold too. Another pix with him and finally with Myles. They came inside the venue for soundcheck. We were waiting for maybe go inside the soundcheck after the words Mark told us....but we didn't got luck (actually i think noone had access to the soundcheck). Anyway we were behind and we could heard Mark riffing his guitar and play FTR.
We decided to go to the front to wait for go inside...we waited for hour and a half...finally at 19:00 pm the doors opened and i collected my ticket. I went upstairs when Greg,his brother and Jim were waiting to actually get inside the venue. We were inside and we get first row. Just in front of Mark's right hand side. The funny thing is that it was a huge fead back speaker just in front of me and Jim. Anyway the view was perfect.
I can't remember the exactly time when "The answer" came up stage. They were pretty good and very nice. We actually met the drummer were we were waiting for AB before the gig. I can't remember either how many songs they played...maybe for my excitment to see AB.
After they finished, two guys from the staff of the venue came to both sides of the speaker and they didn't move in the rest of the gig. It was a shame...cos Greg could rarely move and Jim couldn't see. The guys from sound set get ready the equitment for AB and after less than 30 minutes the guys started to rock the place with ODR. We were around 500 people there but we seemed like we were 1000's.
The only thing i can say it's that they were amazing and they rocked the place. I got amazed when they played the two cover songs from Ledd Zeppelin and Deep Purple....the best ever. I really loved the interaction they had with the audience....and specially when Jim started to sing happy Birthday to Myles, and he took the mic and came next to us. WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Or when Jim called "alcoholic" to Mark and Mark started to laugh and joke with Jim. I got very emotioned when they played ILM, speechless.
When we realized we gig was almost over and they were playing OYE. I put all my energy singing (i can't almost speak today). The guys said bye and left the stage but not before they put a 100% of themselves and say buy to us. I know i am forgetting lots of details of that night.
After the gig we decided wait for them next to the bus. There were about 15 people (or maybe less) waiting as well. After a while waiting in the freezing night, Mr. Mashall got next to us, and he started to sing and talk to us. A couple of minutes after God Tremonti and Flip made their presence there too....and finally Myles, Jim called him "pretty face", and i just remember Mark laughing. We were talking to the guys for about 20 minutes. I explained to Myles that i was there all along from London and i was going to spend more 5 hours in a couch to come back and he gave me a huge hug. He is a sweety and i got really touched by him. I get to met Michael and i talked to him. I have to say he is a GREAT guy and such a dedicated person to the band and their fans. When we though the guys were going to leave....Mark said something like "What we doing now?, Where we are going?" and suddenly he was inviting us to have a beer with them. Our faces, at least mine, were like ....this situation can't be possible. We followed them to the pub but it was my time to make my way to the couch station to try don't miss my bus.

That's my review...i am excited still. And i have to say i am very proud to be there and be AB FAN. They are the best band ever. Thanks to Tremo, Myles, Flip, Bryan and the fifth AB member Michael for being such a great and laid back people, and treat us as they did. See you guys on Friday at the London gig.

Thanks again to Greg, his brother and Jim....you rock too guys!!!!

I will try to post my pixs this weekend.

xxxgabixxx
Old 12-01-2004, 08:39 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Great review, Trimontana, and thanks for sharing it with us! Sounds as if you had a magical time! Have fun at the London gig!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 06:54 AM   #4
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Thanks you liked it Dogy. I will post my review for the London gig on Saturday. I will tell you everything.