++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-07-2004, 07:17 AM   #1
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Can your church tell you how to vote?

Scripturally, it's wrong (and obviously widely accepted)...

But how about morally?

What is happening to our church's???

"For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly father will also forgive you; whereas if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your father forgive your trespasses."(Matthew 6:14-15 )

"One man judges one day as above another; another man judges one day as all others. Let each one be fully convinced in his own mind."(Romans 14:5 )

"The faith that you have, have it in accord with yourself in the sight of God. Happy is the man that does not put himself on judgement by what he approves....everything that is not out of faith is sin."(Romans 14:22-23 )

Heaven

Old 11-09-2004, 01:52 AM   #2
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
In my church, they always read letters from the church heads that say that the church as a whole does not support any political party, candidate, or platform for any reason, and are firm in it's nutrality. Members are encouraged to research the candidates and vote for who they feel would do a better job.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 11-09-2004, 10:32 PM   #3
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I don't think that the church should be telling anyone how to vote! I just look at the morals and other aspects of the candidate and vote according to what I believe in. I put my vote in regardless of what everyone at church tells us.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 11-18-2004, 01:55 PM   #4
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
If the church has to stay out of the state, so the state should stay out of the church.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 11-18-2004, 04:15 PM   #5
RMadd
USER INFO »
i know my pastors didn't advocate voting for one candidate or the other. they reminded people to get out and vote, but didn't endorse either side. but, if i had to guess, i could probably tell you the both of them voted for bush. the only recent political issue i can remember anyone in my church taking a stand on is, of course, the issue of defining marriage as between a man and a woman. this, however, isn't strictly political. it's also social and, of course, religious. god says marriage is only for man and woman, and its our civic duty to try and promote what we believe to be socially and morally correct.

Old 11-25-2004, 11:35 PM   #6
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i know my pastors didn't advocate voting for one candidate or the other. they reminded people to get out and vote, but didn't endorse either side. but, if i had to guess, i could probably tell you the both of them voted for bush. the only recent political issue i can remember anyone in my church taking a stand on is, of course, the issue of defining marriage as between a man and a woman. this, however, isn't strictly political. it's also social and, of course, religious. god says marriage is only for man and woman, and its our civic duty to try and promote what we believe to be socially and morally correct.

Concerning the whole issue with Voting so that things will not be able to take hold of our country is important, but it is also important that the ones we vote for, especially if they publicly proclaim to be Christians, are not opressive. Taking rights away is considered religious opression to gays wanting to marry, so its a hard decision to make.

We just had our elections here in Australia...My church gave info on the certain Christian parties or ones with Christian values, but also commended ones like the greenies for their social justice stance, whereas the Christian parties didnt have much of an opinion in these areas and think that greenies are the enemy of Christianity.... Some churches here were just encouraging votes to the christian parties. I appreciate my church for deciding to not follow the crowd in that respect, but really pulling it all apart and looking into the consequences of our voting.

We are different in Australia, very cynical concerning our leadership, not very loyal orpatriotic in that sense. But I dont think thats all bad...I'm not gonna vote for someone just cos he or she says they are a Christian. Proofs in the pudding man! Even satan can masquerade as an angel of light!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 11-29-2004, 07:06 PM   #7
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
All I know is... Christian Democrat...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's an oxymoron!
Old 11-29-2004, 11:54 PM   #8
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
What does your avatar represent?

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 12-01-2004, 08:10 PM   #9
bgivens33
USER INFO »
legally a church should NOT tell you how to vote, they could loose there title........ damn, 7 i think, but might be 9 status of being tax exempt. but then again, groups such as the naacp are supposed to stay unbiased as well.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:40 PM   #10
jango
USER INFO »
Only FoxNews can tell people how to vote.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 12-06-2004, 10:08 PM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) What does your avatar represent?
I was Wondering The Same Damn Thing
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything