++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 05-16-2004, 10:29 PM   #1
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Don't buy gas on May 19th!!!!!

There's an e-mail going around to try and drive the gas prices
D
O
W
N
!

So if you don't buy gas on May the 19th, hopefully the prices will go down some atleast! I've seen prices from $1.84, to $1.90 in Oklahoma. And I've heard that it's way higher in California, and Arizona! Just a couple months ago it was around in the $1.20's wasn't it??? So maybe if you guys will do this, and tell your friends and family about it, we'll get a little relief of it!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-16-2004, 10:31 PM   #2
CollectiveSoul
USER INFO »
Uhh The gas prices here is 2.18 so don't u complain
Old 05-16-2004, 10:32 PM   #3
Shadow
USER INFO »
It's well over $2.00 here (I'm on Long Island). I think I saw $2.29 yesterday. (When I started driving it was .79 - that was 1985)

Last edited by Shadow : 05-16-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:42 PM   #4
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
um no offense to anyone, but one day of not buy gas wont do anything to prices. opec sells the barrells of oil at one price, then the gas companies make their product, then they have to add all the other stuff the government makes them add, so depending on your area there could be more additives and other safety/environmental costs. then the gas companies sell it. gas companies make very little if anymoney off of the gas itself, maybe a cent or two, at most, per gallon. they make their money off of drink and food sales inside the store.

and hey dont get me wrong, i hate the prices just as much as the next guy, and its worth a shot. i could be wrong. so we will see what happens

Last edited by Iced : 05-16-2004 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:44 PM   #5
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I don't drive, so I'm not worried about the prices of gas
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-16-2004, 10:48 PM   #6
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
If enough people don't buy gas, it would HAVE to do SOMETHING! It would be better to go longer than a day, but it's not really possible to do that, people have to go places and do stuff!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-16-2004, 10:53 PM   #7
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
exactly, and the oil companies know this, now yes they will notice it. and they want to do something about it. but they are like any other company who has to make money. do the computer companies sell their computers at 50 dollars so everyone will be happy, unfortunately no. they are making a profit, so the gas companies are goin to do the same, trust me right now they have the prices as low as the can possibly get them. well see if they can do something to make them lower, but i dont think they can. ill talk to my dad and find out more info for you all (lets just he works on logistics and stuff like that for one of your major oil companies)
Old 05-16-2004, 10:53 PM   #8
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by CollectiveSoul) Uhh The gas prices here is 2.18 so don't u complain
I know that we in Oklahoma probably have cheaper prices than most of the other places, but just because your prices are that much higher doesn't mean that it's not a shock to the people that do live in Okla. People would probably start breeding their horses, and building buggies if it got over 2 bucks! I guess we just make a bigger deal of it, I dunno!
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-16-2004, 11:08 PM   #9
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Iced) exactly, and the oil companies know this, now yes they will notice it. and they want to do something about it. but they are like any other company who has to make money. do the computer companies sell their computers at 50 dollars so everyone will be happy, unfortunately no. they are making a profit, so the gas companies are goin to do the same, trust me right now they have the prices as low as the can possibly get them. well see if they can do something to make them lower, but i dont think they can. ill talk to my dad and find out more info for you all (lets just he works on logistics and stuff like that for one of your major oil companies)
Maybe it won't work, but I say we try it, and see what happens. We won't know for sure until it's all said and done. And I'm not saying that you have to do it! I was just letting people who might want to do it know, passing the word thing. I have to go about 30 miles to get to my school, so it guzzles the gas. If it goes down just a little, it will help quite a bit! I have a great school, and I'm not very willing to go back to the one in my district! It doesn't have a very good education system, and the one I go to now does, and it has an art class!
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-17-2004, 12:15 AM   #10
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
im sorry if i came across in the wrong manner. i was just trying to explain to everyone how the system works. my apologies if i have come across as rude. i too would love to see the prices come down and support your efforts, as well i will continue to talk to my dad to see what can and is being done to get these prices down.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:38 AM   #11
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Let's say that everyone doesn't buy gas on that day. What would that accomplish? It's not like everyone is going to give up gas forever. The demand for gas will just grow higher the following day(s) and prices will go up. Even if they companies drop prices because on one day everyone doesn't buy any, they will eventually just reraise them again. It's not going to solve the problem.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-17-2004, 04:42 AM   #12
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
In some European areas (Sweden I think, UK as well I hear) the price of gas/petrol/whatever is around the $5/gallon mark. Here in Australia it's around the $4/gallon mark. You guys should be happy you have it so cheap! (and then drive vehicles that dont guzzle petrol at horrendous rates)

And I agree with Steve, some internet folk not buying petrol on one day is not going to cause OPEC to drop prices dramatically.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:48 AM   #13
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) There's an e-mail going around to try and drive the gas prices
D
O
W
N
!

So if you don't buy gas on May the 19th, hopefully the prices will go down some atleast! I've seen prices from $1.84, to $1.90 in Oklahoma. And I've heard that it's way higher in California, and Arizona! Just a couple months ago it was around in the $1.20's wasn't it??? So maybe if you guys will do this, and tell your friends and family about it, we'll get a little relief of it!
yea...

I was thinking about the gas prices the other day ....and I remember like few months ago it was like 1.20 or something.....

So break yourself against my stones
And spit your pity in my soul
You never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself
And I won't listen to your shame
You ran away - you're all the same
Angels lie to keep control...
My love was punished long ago
If you still care, don't ever let me know
If you still care, don't ever let me know...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 05-17-2004, 11:48 AM   #14
RMadd
USER INFO »
it's up around $2.00 here now, I don't know that it's been @ $1.20 for 6 or 7 months, at least. Lowest I can remember ever since school started was in the $1.30s. and how, exactly, would not buying gas decrease prices? especially just on one day, that won't do a whole lot at all.

Old 05-17-2004, 05:24 PM   #15
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
The supposed theory behind it is this from an e-mail I recieved earlier: It has been calculated that if everyone in the united states did not purchase a drop of gasoline for one day and all at the same time, the oil companies would choke on their stockpiles. At the same time it would hit the entire industry with a net loss of over 4.6 billion dollars which affects the bottom lines of the oil companies. Therefore may 19th has been formally declared "stick it up their behind " day and the people of this nation should not buy a single drop of gasoline that day.

THIS IS ALL A HOAX: HERE IS THE PROOF: http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/nogas.asp

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"