++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
JPB
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Has Full Circle even gone gold yet?

I was just wondering how many units Full Circle has sold. I just read in Rolling Stone that it tanked. I really thought it would sell between 2-3 million. A far cry from the glory days when Creed was selling 6 million plus but it is still a pretty good album with some catchy mainstream songs. You really have to wonder about the state of music these days when Lady Gaga,Taylor Swift and the like are selling 3-4 million cds and Creed is not.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »
Re: Has Full Circle even gone gold yet?

Is there a reason other than it was Creed for it to sell 2-3 million copies? Bands only sell that much with many radio hits. Full Circle has had no radio hits and very little promotion. I think the album will sell between 600-700 thousand copies by the time its done. I think its currently at the 300,000 range right now. Sure Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga are selling lots of albums. But great bands like Shinedown, Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace and Theory Of A Deadman are selling in the 1-3 million range. Wind - Up records sucks and have no idea how to market an album especially not a comeback album. They only have 2 big bands on their roster which are Creed and Evanessance and both their last albums greatly underperformed with Seether and 12 Stones also seeing poor album sales. Creed should sign with Roadrunner or Hollywood. They know how to Market an album. Hell Alice In Chains new album out performed Full Circle and Creed was far more succesfull than alice in chains. How did that happen? Shame because Full Circle is a really good album.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

I wouldn't say it tanked, it debuted #2 (if it wasn't for MJ would have been #1) and was #1 on iTunes for awhile... so not too shabby considering what they were up against. There are 2 reasons for it not selling well...

1. Rock is dead
2. WU didn't promote enough

It has potential to reach Gold (I'm not sure of the numbers now) but it's going to take a #1 single and more promotion from WU to pull it off.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:24 AM   #4
nagpo
USER INFO »

Either it's the promotion or the songs just arent radio friendly or....people don't want creed. Even stapps solo record went platinum just a month after release.

However it may be, Creeds time in the spotlight is done it seems. Many 90's bands have reunited recently and their sales weren't to great either.

Keep in mind, it's much harder to sell as well as creed used to nowadays. When calculating sales, do the people that do it count digital downloads? like itunes

Rock is certainly not in its best state but there are still good bands out there.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:53 AM   #5
nickmiller71
USER INFO »

Basically, the music biz is really struggling right now to even keep it's head up. People just aren't buying music like they used to, and it's clear all across the board. Rock isn't dead yet, but it's certainly getting there. When you look at the whole picture, Creed aren't the only band that have struggled with sales recently, and it's a testament to how terribly the music biz is really doing right now. Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift (among others) sell a lot of records because they appeal to the age and sexual market that are still in the album sales top rankings (aka, young girls and teens). I'm really hoping that this decade brings a turn around not only in Creed's success, but in the state of the music industry in general...
Old 01-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nickmiller71) Basically, the music biz is really struggling right now to even keep it's head up. People just aren't buying music like they used to, and it's clear all across the board. Rock isn't dead yet, but it's certainly getting there. When you look at the whole picture, Creed aren't the only band that have struggled with sales recently, and it's a testament to how terribly the music biz is really doing right now. Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift (among others) sell a lot of records because they appeal to the age and sexual market that are still in the album sales top rankings (aka, young girls and teens). I'm really hoping that this decade brings a turn around not only in Creed's success, but in the state of the music industry in general...
AMEN AND AMEN I think about those things in my spare time it gets so anoying and agravating I pray For Strengeth So Help Me Lord And Mourn For The Days MTV Played Music BUT As The God Father Lyrics HOLD THIS DAY YOU CANT KILL ROCK IN ROLL And You Know That Should Bring Us Comforter To Turn The Channel And Let It Subside Its Hard Everywhere You Go it will turn around brother everything is only for a season Nobody Can Feel There Shoes Today Like Geroge Sung We Can Add More To The Least It Really Should inspire Us To Become Better Writers And Not Afraid To Step In The New, And Start To Count The Reasons For The Tear Our Gutiars PERHAPS One Day We Can Do A Cover Version and of course if that day ever happens i will be drunk to do so ROCK ON
Old 01-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #7
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Yeah, The thing that people forget is even weathered was a commercial dissapointment too and and people stopped caring about Creed before they broke up. And Stapp's solo album went doubt platnium because wind - up made two million copies of the album. That's how the RIAA works its not by copies sold its copies shipped. I remember in the Rolling Stone article he did it said the album sold like 350,000 copies and it only had one single. Creed's time in the spotlight was over before 2004. But i blame Full Circle's relative failure on the fact that WU sucks ass and the commercial songs on this album just aren't as good as the past commercial hits.

And to Dark Knight - I agree it has done alright. But Creed was #1 for 8 weeks in 2001 and it seems a lot of bands that do what Creed does just not as good somehow manage to stay in the top ten for months and months. Creed was out of the top ten the next week. Daughtry, Nickelback and Shinedown have all faithfully sold 30,000-50,000 copies of their albums weekly. And i know were talking about Creed not those bands but the fact that a band that what was the biggest band in America played to half empty arenas selling tickets for $25 (as low as $7.50) on a REUNION tour is pathetic and the fault of Creed's subpar management and promotional team.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

well due to all these facts it surprised me when full circle when to the top of the Rock Charts that was cool it rocked my world consider the country is in the middle of Economy Slump im not Complaning thats just me the Good Lord Despises Those That Complain No Offence Really And There Was So Much Negativtiy Around The Come Back Of Creed And Revolved Full Circle It Happend The Tour Was Great And The Fans Was Creed READY And The Engery Was Just Incredibile there is no way Of Geting Away From The Music Industry Slump What Hurts Me Of It Its Become More Formal And More Of A Bussiness Which Its Always Has Been But It Seems Like Artists Gotta Do This Or Do That I Feel At This Point A Lot Of Established Artist Should Do Their Own Record Labels
Old 01-31-2010, 09:56 AM   #9
JPB
USER INFO »

Well I think its a damn shame that great bands are getting ignored and unrecognized in todays market. Although Full Circle is not as good as the previous three Creed albums, it is still an awesome album. There is, I think at least three radio friendly songs on it. I just hope this doesn't effect future touring or record making by Creed. My wife and I have gone to many of there concerts over the past 12 years and Creed effected me more than any other band I can think of.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #10
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by JPB) Well I think its a damn shame that great bands are getting ignored and unrecognized in todays market. Although Full Circle is not as good as the previous three Creed albums, it is still an awesome album. There is, I think at least three radio friendly songs on it. I just hope this doesn't effect future touring or record making by Creed. My wife and I have gone to many of there concerts over the past 12 years and Creed effected me more than any other band I can think of.
I actually think this is one of the best sounding Creed records. It sounds a bit more fresh to me. But I usually only listen to the first three songs on the record before I get bored. <.<
Old 01-31-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

I just hate Howard Benson's production. His tone sounds so cold to me. I would love to hear Mark do something with Nick Raskulinecz or even with Morgan and John from Sevendust.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #12
nagpo
USER INFO »

I wonder why the went to Benson in the first place. Maybe because he has produced some top selling albums in the past. I think thats kinda funny since Full Circle isint selling anywhere near as great as the previous records which were produced by Kurzweg. Maybe they should bring him back.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #13
Krisoz26
USER INFO »

Rock just isn't fashionable now sadly rubbish like lady gaga is selling heaps on rock can't sell.

4 albums I thought would go well down here in the last 18months or so. Best of Foo fighters, Powerfinger, Pearl Jam, Green Day.

All went top 10 in the 1st week of release since then weren't even in the top 30 for the rest of the time.

Niether of these bands have hatred towards them like Creed does or Wind up's crappy promotion and if they struggle why would Creed be any different??

Powerfinger always go well tours sellout instantly etc but lasted 4 weeks in the charts and are gone.

Rock bands will get more fashionable down the track just need patience. Listen to the words of the "hits" these days they can't last how long can sex etc be sang about poor lyrics.

Kinda proves Mark right one of the 1st interviews I heard of the reunion Mark said the sales of the past can't be reached again.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:49 PM   #14
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

If you look at howard's discography a vast majority of albums he has produced have been flops. But then again John produced the last puddle of mudd album lol. I assume they picked him because he was the available guy. Plus mark probably didn't want to work with John.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #15
Agent D
USER INFO »

Fans should just get used to Creed being a niche band. They're never going to be a high-selling band again for all the reasons people mentioned. Rock is kind of dead, they're an older band, who had to refind their place in the industry. The fact is that the album was great. Actually, the fact that it didn't go quadruple plantinum probably only proves that it was a great album. Why? Because we all know people buy crap.