++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-22-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
geletmote
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
One Last Breath & Great divide - VIDEO

Has anyone noticed that the start of the Great Divide video clip is the exact same as One Last Breath..

The start is the guitarist playing then the camera reverses and finds stapp..
Probably scotts Idea.. NOthing beats the One Last Breath film clip and song though..

What you's think?
Old 10-22-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
wow sounds awsome OLB was one hell of a video but i have,nt saw the Great Divide Yet
Old 10-23-2005, 11:58 PM   #3
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
yea, that is the same... but after that very quick 10 secs or so they are completly different haha... OLB was my favorite creed vid... but i really hate TGD's vid... the lights are so annoying, but what pisses me off the most is right at the start when it's dark then stapp starts singing then like 5 secs later everything lights up, it should really light up when he starts singing the first line... it really throws me off

but i guess this vid was pretty low budget compared to OLB haha
Old 10-24-2005, 12:23 AM   #4
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
You notice in The Great Divide, they dont show anything more then a silouette of the backing band members? Nice of them huh?

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 10-24-2005, 12:31 AM   #5
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) yea, that is the same... but after that very quick 10 secs or so they are completly different haha... OLB was my favorite creed vid... but i really hate TGD's vid... the lights are so annoying, but what pisses me off the most is right at the start when it's dark then stapp starts singing then like 5 secs later everything lights up, it should really light up when he starts singing the first line... it really throws me off

but i guess this vid was pretty low budget compared to OLB haha

Yeh those light are freaken annoying, soughta reminds me of higher film clip though because of the stage.. lol not the best of stapps work, but yeh as long as hes getting his pay check..
Old 10-24-2005, 12:53 AM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
is there any way to see the Great Divide video aside from signing up for the e-team?

Old 10-24-2005, 01:01 AM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
nevermind, i got it... i guess i didn't think to look on creed.com for it before....
watching the video, i think it's finally sorta hit home that creed isn't together anymore. i know it's been nearly 2 years since the rumors started circulating, but actually seeing stapp singing well to a song that rocks fairly hard (let's be honest: relearn love hardly did that) brought back memories of the good times. but, like the song alludes to, there's a pretty great divide between 'em

Old 10-24-2005, 01:55 AM   #8
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) You notice in The Great Divide, they dont show anything more then a silouette of the backing band members? Nice of them huh?

Wow. Apparently you don't know what the term "SOLO ARTIST" means.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:18 AM   #9
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) wow sounds awsome OLB was one hell of a video but i have,nt saw the Great Divide Yet
Don't get your hopes up too much, though. Yes, OLB is a fantastic video, but The Great Divide is nothing like it, except for the first seconds.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-24-2005, 05:07 AM   #10
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Don't get your hopes up too much, though. Yes, OLB is a fantastic video, but The Great Divide is nothing like it, except for the first seconds.

Yeh OLB is the best vid, ur right the first few secs of great divide are good, it was either gonna take off from there or just be average like it is..

AHH god i Miss creed
Old 10-24-2005, 05:09 AM   #11
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Wow. Apparently you don't know what the term "SOLO ARTIST" means.

LOL..
Old 10-24-2005, 12:40 PM   #12
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) nevermind, i got it... i guess i didn't think to look on creed.com for it before....
OMG! i can't believe the vid is on creed.com!!! there were never any alter bridge vids on there! that's insane, everyone who are just finding out now that creed have broken up are going to be going to creed.com and seeing all these ads for stapp, and nothing of alter bridge in sight... kinda sad... looks like WU will be promoting stapp to the Nth degree more than alter bridge...
Old 10-24-2005, 02:01 PM   #13
geletmote
USER INFO »
Wind Up are stappaholics, no doubt about that, but I think when alter bridge's album (oneday remains) came out it was been promoted on there.. But stapps getting more credit now..
Old 10-24-2005, 06:37 PM   #14
RMadd
USER INFO »
plus, they probably also realize that people will identify Scott Stapp more w/ Creed than the rest of the guys... let's be honest: the majority of the time, if you have only a passing interest in a band, if you can name anyone in the group, more than likely it's the lead singer. so, while WU isn't making alot of hardcore fans happy (those who would likely purchase the albums anyway), they're probably going w/ calculations that someone like Stapp will have broader appeal to a larger number of seminal fans, and so they hope to get more bang for their buck in promoting him a little bit more...

Old 10-24-2005, 08:16 PM   #15
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
I've checked out the vid and listened to the music, what's the big deal? It is commercial and desighned to appeal to his fans. Not my cup of tea, I can only take so many glamorous rock star poses.

-Homer Simpson