++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-14-2002, 07:17 PM   #46
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Re: TWB

Quote: Originally posted by Aimee
EXCELLENT  points on both of your last posts.  Especially the fact that your body is a temple.  Another reason to know that anything in excess cannot be good for you.  
A note regarding pregnancy and the effects of drugs on babies: we would hope that if these drugs were legalized, women would abstain from taking them while they were pregnant (just like they don't drink caffeine or alcohol).  Women who would do drugs while they are pregnant would most likely do them whether or not they are illegal.  
And just so you know, doctors actually encourage expectant mothers to drink a bit of beer or wine in the last trimester.  The alcohol helps relax the parts of the body needed for delivery of the baby and of milk.  I'm not picking on you, just letting you know. Maybe you can ask your teacher about that.  
Welcome to the board, looking forward to your reply!

You would hope that an expectant mother would abstain from drugs??!! What planet do you live on? Women are on crack now and don't care what harm it does to the baby. There are mothers that are throwing their babies in dumpsters because they are drug addicts. And many hospitals across america are now putting into affect that you can have your baby safely in a hospital and sign them off to the state... why? Because the majority of the mothers that will do this are crack and herorine addicts and are the ones who will have their baby and throw it in a dumpster because the addiction to drugs are of more importance than their child. Do you actually think that these problems would be allieved if the drugs were legalized? Hell no they wouldn't! If anything the percentage of crack and herorine babies being born would most likely double or triple for there would then be no consequences at all for doing these drugs.

And let me say that I know for a fact that "doctors" do not encourage expectant mothers to drink alcohol during ANY trimester of the pregnacy. How do I know? I've had 3 kids! I was also a volunteer advocate in WV for proper prenatal care for a while. Doctors have made it plain and clear that the consumption of alcohol is harmful to the fetus and it puts the child in harms way of low birth weight. Look at it this way... anything the mother comsumes the baby get's the nutritional value of it first... then the mother gets the rest... hence the phrase eating for two. If a mother comsumes alcohol the baby is too. Woulds you put a bottle of beer in a baby bottle and feed it to your infant? If you did your child would be taken away from you for child abuse. Also all doctors tell nursing mothers not to drink alcohol while nursing... for the alcohol content is found in breast milk as well.

I don't know what "doctors" you've been talking to but I think that they must be a bunch of pot smokin', moonshine makin', free lovin' hippies who need their licsence taken away.

I know I may come off as harsh... but it seriously get's my panties in a bunch when people are misinformed. It's nothing personal Aimee.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 10-14-2002, 07:51 PM   #47
Altair
USER INFO »
Re: Re: TWB

Quote: Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie I don't know what "doctors" you've been talking to but I think that they must be a bunch of pot smokin', moonshine makin', free lovin' hippies who need their licsence taken away.[/b]

You make it sound like being a pot smokin, moonshine makin', free lovin person is evil.

Come now. I'd rather believe that material objects have no value: good or bad. Since when is pot evil? It's simply a naturally occuring plant. Since when is moonshine evil? It's just moonshine. And, since when is free love evil? I know we don't see eye to eye on these things and there is probably no point on arguing or even debating the matter, but I couldn't help but try and defend the notion that being a bad person has nothing to do with what you do on the side for personal enjoyment/relaxation/pursuit of happiness, especially when it might not have any kind of adverse consequences on "others" around you. Personally, I know some wonderful people, beautiful, caring, extremely educated, sharp-minded, rational, logical people that smoke pot, drink, and believe in "free love."

You want evil? See that bastard Bin Laden.

But, please don't go to simple substance use. Afterall, I imagine a great many substances are evil if they were simply judged by the fact that they might be detrimental to the mind/body. How about red meat? Coffee? Cigarettes? Potato chips? Ice cream? Hamburgers? French fries? Using fossil fuel burning devices? Ozone depleting chemicals? Funding organizations that support child labor? Shall I go on?

—The Bhagavad Gita
Old 10-14-2002, 08:28 PM   #48
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Altair don't you be going off on your "hippy like" tangent and acting like a smart ace lol :P

I was merely stating that those doctors that Aimee is referring to are going against the very thing that Science has proven to be harmful to a fetus... and that is alcohol consumption during pregnacy. Sounds flaky and unscientific to me... and therfore if a fetus is born with FAS they should be sued for malpractice for telling a woman to drink alcohol regularly during any trimester of her pregnancy. THAT WAS MY POINT ALTAIR... SO please don't give me the "hippy tangent"... I was there at one time... I moved on.

Old 10-15-2002, 12:09 AM   #49
souldancer
USER INFO »
Excellent points, Altair Right On, I say!

Doctors are humans and science is open-ended. Some of those paid for scientific studies are often biased and self-serving - bought out by the industry with profit interest. What ever happened to common sense and responsibility for healthcare? Good old fashioned remedies and prevention. This country irks me that way it is so driven my instant gratification, greed and materialism!

As for Lady V's point re: "Women are on crack now and don't care what harm it does to the baby. There are mothers that are throwing their babies in dumpsters because they are drug addicts. And many hospitals across america are now putting into affect that you can have your baby safely in a hospital and sign them off to the state..." _ WHAT PERCENTAGE IS THAT?! I agree that is the worst - a horrendous crime on innocense and am glad that we are trying to intervene.,.. Don't be comparing a group that thinks it is OK to smoke a joint on the weekend with a different population!

I would like to see this civilized, rich country get off it's ass and take the money it spends on fighting the War On Drugs, and put it towards Early Childhood Education that bring humanistic principles and humane education, which includes reverence for Life (self, others, non-human animals, environnment); and support Parenting Education campaigns such as WAMO!

And I still argue that the docs are pushing their own harmful to body-temple drugs - the ones that they can, of course, PROFIT from!

Now, Lady V, are those panties still bunched up? I think you need to have a glass of organic red wine, get an aroma-therapy massage and relax.

<i> PS "Rush Limbaugh" is on my list of 'evil' doers</i>

** Feeling pulse rate increase ** Breathes slowly, 1, 2, 3, 4..., reaches for VHS yoga tape to unwind **
Old 10-15-2002, 08:35 AM   #50
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
I am the ultimate Rush fan by the way. LOL And I don't need red wine or any foriegn substance placed into my body to relax. Prayer and meditation does wonders. And are my panties still in a bunch... uh no... cuz I ain't wearing any! HA!

Old 10-15-2002, 01:54 PM   #51
souldancer
USER INFO »
and hope you burned that bra too! Glad we can share our differences and laugh together. Firm believer in meditation, prayers and chanting. Have a blessed day!
Old 10-15-2002, 09:45 PM   #52
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
<b>I would like to see this civilized, rich country get off it's ass and take the money it spends on fighting the War On Drugs, and &nbsp;put it towards Early Childhood Education that bring humanistic principles and humane education, which includes reverence for Life (self, others, non-human animals, environnment); and support Parenting Education campaigns such as WAWO!
&nbsp; &nbsp;

<i> &nbsp;PS &nbsp;"Rush Limbaugh" is on my list of 'evil' doers</i>

</b>

Excellent points BOTH. Don't like Rush at all myself.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-15-2002, 11:23 PM   #53
Aimee
USER INFO »
Whoa

I was going to say, "Don't get you panties all in a bunch, because I said this:
Quote: Women who would do drugs while they are pregnant would most likely do them whether or not they are illegal.
" But I guess that's not the point to someone who only reads half of what I write.

About those doctors, damn LadyV - maybe there is something wrong with me! My mommy smoked cigarettes AND drank an occasional beer while I was inside of her tummy.
AND my Gr'Annie used (heaven forbid) WHISKEY on my gums while I was teething!
Or maybe it was just that my mom fell out of a truck while she was pregnant with me without wearing her seatbelt (true story). I'm afraid you are beginning to sound like a freakin commie.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:27 PM   #54
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Aimee, I'm thinking that's how you got that big green nose! My mom also smoked through both of her pregnancies and my brother and I both developed allergies. I don't hold anything against her, she didn't know any better.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-15-2002, 11:30 PM   #55
Aimee
USER INFO »
TeriB

I think I must be a superfreak. With all the stuff that happened while my mom was pg with me, (maybe dropping LSD but never admitting it). I have no allergies, no defects, and no compulsion to drink alcohol more than an occasional bottle-I mean glass-of wine.
BTW- Sorry for calling you a commie LadyV, that might have been a little harsh.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:08 AM   #56
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Aimee
I think I must be a superfreak. &nbsp;With all the stuff that happened while my mom was pg with me, &nbsp;

LOL! Well, I think that you should be part of a case study....you sound pretty healthy - body and mind to me! Gosh darn, remember those ol' days of hard work, common sense, healthy eating, everything in moderation, no guilt and no FDA reports?
Old 10-16-2002, 02:29 AM   #57
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
For the record, I loathe Rush Limbaugh.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:50 PM   #58
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
...Im not sure if ne 1 has put up ne #s...but heres some that i came up with.....80% of all suicides are drug related...30,000 people commit suicide each year...that means,24000 people each year commit suicide at least partly because of drugs...if all drugs are legalized this # will undoubtedly raise!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 11-05-2002, 09:56 PM   #59
kerm3
USER INFO »
ARE YOU STONED ? IM NOT SURE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS BUT I LIKE IT NOT BECAUSE I GET STONED BUT MAYBE THE US CAN CONTROLL IT!
Old 11-06-2002, 09:24 AM   #60
allison
USER INFO »
What was the outcome of the Nevada vote on the legalization of 3 ounces or less of marijuana?
My mom also smoked cigarettes when she was pregnancy with my sister and me and I was a 9 pound baby! She jokes and says, "thank goodness I smoked, if I hadn't you would have been like, 12 pounds!". But she swears that the doctor told her it was fine to smoke as long as it wasn't more than a pack a day.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!