++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-11-2002, 10:52 PM   #1
hockeysue
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Can I ask long time Creed fans a not very popular ?

Scott has had alot happen to him this year. Some not his fault,but involving him anyway.Do you think Flip and Mark are done with him after this tour ends? I mean this tour was suppose to be there biggest yet. Look at all that is happened. I am sure Scott is feeling this also. Even thou I do not feel he should. But when something happens to him it takes alot of money away from alot of people. Could this be bothering Scott.
I was just thinking, maybe Scott is feeling alittle guilt. HE SHOULD NOT BECAUSE THE THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED TO HIM ARE NOT HIS FAULT. I am not blaming anyone , just asking a ?
Susan
________
Blonde vid
________
PERCODAN REHAB FORUM

Last edited by hockeysue : 05-07-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:57 PM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Susan, I don't think Mark and Flip will be 'done' with him. I do think that they'll go their separate ways for awhile, as any band who've been on a long tour are apt to do. They all need a break from the road and maybe from each other. But I don't think they're done.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-11-2002, 11:05 PM   #3
hockeysue
USER INFO »
Thanks. I mean ,In interviews Mark and Flip always looked tired of what Scotts saying or pissed or not interested. on stage you really feel a bond .I was feeling it when they came to Sandiego. Interviews are another subject. Also, Scott does not go out with them any more. He was not at the Hard Rock.I guess if he goes to Marks wedding then my ? is answered somewhat.
.Thanks for the reply Teri.
Susan
________
VIDEO REVIEWS
________
Asian Cams

Last edited by hockeysue : 05-07-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:06 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
They might even try some side projects. I'm sure they could use a break from each other. The same thing happened with Alice In Chains after a while. They toured like crazy for their first few years and then after a couple of EPs, Layne Staley did a side a project with guys from Pearl Jam and Screaming Trees. They called themselves Mad Season and put out an album called Above in 1994, I think. Alice then put out their self-titled album a year or so later.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:58 PM   #5
gade202
USER INFO »
I highly doubt any of them would be as successful apart than with the band. When they are all together on stage, they bring the songs to a whole new level, it's amazing. I think that Scott will need to rethink the touring dates a bit and maybe leave a day or 2 in between each show. They are planning a Summber 2003 tour too so I know they are not going to just give up. I would lay money down that they hit the studio sometime in Fall 2003 to lay down another CD since so far each new CD of theirs has out sold the last. Don't think that Creed is loosing mass amounts of money due to Scott's throat problems, they each make more money doing one concert than most of us do in a year. Scott not only sings, he also writes most of the lyrics (Mark helps but not as much as most people think) so the songs he has written for the band more than make up for the downtime...
Old 12-12-2002, 12:40 AM   #6
TremRock
USER INFO »
just another perspective ... the first thing that comes to my mind are my own friends. in this case we'll just stick with best friends ... we've all grown up together & been through a whole lotta crap & i love them to death. but even the best of friends need break from eachother. lol & for us its usualy after spending alot less time then a whole year touring together. ... now one of us lives in so cal, one in atlanta & the other in san francisco. which was an adjustment but its nice to be away & come back & remember why youre the friends you are. so yeah i think the guys pretty obviously need a break. its hard to be paient as a fan but im sure it'll pay off on the next album. i saw them in san diego too & the bond was totally there. a month later in la at the kroq thing, stapp took a little creative liscense with a few lyrics & tremo looked a little annoyed. just how im sure anyone can get annoyed with their friend for ... whatever little habbit they might have. ***ahem*** EATING LOUDLY DANNY!
Old 12-12-2002, 08:20 AM   #7
JenRN
USER INFO »
I don't think "dropping" Scott is even an issue! Just like everyone says, you really sometimes can get sick of being around someone 24-7 all the time, that is human nature! Even if you are not a Bon Jovi fan, look at what they went through in the 80's, after I saw them in concert in 88 they took a LONG break and went their seperate ways for a long while. Jon even did his own solo projects! But I think with Creed they just really need a long break form touring and "Live" their lives as normal as they can! I was thinking last night, can you even imagine not being able to do simple things we all take for grantid, like go to a fast food resturaunt or go to the store!!!! These poor guys can't even do that! I know that is the price of fame but after awhile it HAS to get to you!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-12-2002, 09:41 AM   #8
shane
USER INFO »
The band needs the time apart from each other. they need time to get back to their own personall issues, How can you possible deal with your own personall issues when you are on the road all the time. It is hard enough for people with normal lives to deal with thier own issues, Can you imagine the stress these guys are going through - Mark with a Wedding, C'mon anyone who has been involved in their own wedding knows the stress of that alone and Scott and Hilaree with all of thier issues.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:15 AM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
I was thinking last night, can you even imagine not being able to do simple things we all take for grantid, like go to a fast food resturaunt or go to the store!!!!  These poor guys can't even do that!  I know that is the price of fame but after awhile it HAS to get to you!
Jen, I was Christmas shopping at the mall on Monday and I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I was in the toy store thinking "I wonder what Jagger will be getting for Christmas", then I started thinking, when will Scott have the time to shop, how can he shop being so famous, will he have the family get presents for Jagger, and for that matter, how will he shop for his family. I know, please don't throw the whole commercialization thing at me, I agree it's become too commercial. But in reality, he wants the best for his son. How do you provide the best when you don't see your son or your family for long stretches of time?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-12-2002, 02:04 PM   #10
Pittock
USER INFO »
I doubt if the guys would be done with Scott. i am sure there is some frustation there. Even at the Billboard Music awards, Scott thanked them for putting up with him. But they are friends as well as bandmates. And most of all, shit happens that is beyond our control.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:28 PM   #11
gade202
USER INFO »
I know what you guys mean about the price of fame stuff. My sister and I went to the Statue of Liberty one time and she looks a good deal like Julia Roberts. She was wearing glasses and a hat, for no real reason. So about 5 mins after we get on the island, a couple from France comes up and wants an autograph and she told them like 5 times that she wasn't her. Then we went into the line to go into the statue and more people asked and I guess people over heard and we literally had 20 people around us taking pics and wanting stuff signed so we had to get out of there. It wasn't as funny then since we got really scared but not that I look back it's histerical. But I think with the guys from Creed it wouldn't be so hard. I remember Scott talking about how he goes to the mall sometimes to pull pranks and stuff. All they would have to do is wear sunglasses and a baseball cap and most people would have no clue it was them, maybe a fan or two might notice and come up to them but I doubt they would get all loud and start going nuts over it...
Old 12-12-2002, 03:55 PM   #12
Skipper
USER INFO »
No, they are still very much together and plan on continueing to be together as a band. Mark and Scott share a tour bus, and Brett and Scottie share a tour bus, however, on their breaks and time off from the touring, they do enjoying spending time with their other friends, and most importantly their families.

When Jagger comes out on tour, Scott does not go out with the rest of them, he rather spend time with his son. I don't know if that was the case at the HRC someone mentioned, but more then likely that is what it was.

Scott gets noticed far more then Scottie and Mark believe it or not.:P
Old 12-12-2002, 04:02 PM   #13
Weathered
USER INFO »
dont worry...they said they will neevr break up
Old 12-12-2002, 04:07 PM   #14
JenRN
USER INFO »
Creed goes together like bread and butter, or salt and pepper, they will never part!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-12-2002, 04:24 PM   #15
shane
USER INFO »
That goes to show you what a great father Scott really is...