++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
adparaiki
adparaiki's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 245
Joined: Feb 2005
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
Live radio performance including broken

Follow this link
http://www.wrif.com/sound/
and download the songs.
Scott sounds awesome can't wait to see him live.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
adparaiki
adparaiki's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 245
Joined: Feb 2005
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
Re: Live radio performance including broken

It was a realy good interview aswell
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
nagpo
nagpo's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Bound and Tied
Posts: 2,176
Joined: Mar 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Live radio performance including broken

broken was great! stapp seems to have grown as a performer
__________________
I really have nothing to say
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
eusebioCBR
eusebioCBR's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Shackled Hero
Posts: 2,913
Joined: Oct 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Live radio performance including broken

I stopped it at 12 min. 33 sec., I've had enough of the " they weren't there for me, or to pick me up."
If he finds himself sinking again I hope he's MAN enough to accept his situation and handle it with some dignity.

imo

I don't like AB dwelling on the past either.
Creed questions can easily be brushed off by both parties.
__________________
When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ....like God must feel when he's holding a gun.

-Homer Simpson




24

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 05-19-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:52 PM   #5
GregS
GregS's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Strong Inside
Posts: 1,478
Joined: Apr 2005
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to GregS
Re: Live radio performance including broken

I honestly thought all the songs were awful apart from Broken which was awesome. 1st time performing it and pulled it off!
__________________
You're cutting me in two..
And ripping me in three..
You're killing with those words you say to me
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Chase
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,160
Joined: Oct 2004
Currently: Offline
Re: Live radio performance including broken

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I stopped it at 12 min. 33 sec., I've had enough of the " they weren't there for me, or to pick me up."
If he finds himself sinking again I hope he's MAN enough to accept his situation and handle it with some dignity.

imo

I don't like AB dwelling on the past either.
Creed questions can easily be brushed off by both parties.

Alter Bridge started the whole dwelling on the past thing. If you remember, the early Stapp interviews had nothing but praise for Tremonti and co. It wasn't until after 3/4 of Alter Bridge would bash him that he started to retaliate.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #7
Chase
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,160
Joined: Oct 2004
Currently: Offline
Re: Live radio performance including broken

*Double Post*
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #8
eusebioCBR
eusebioCBR's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Shackled Hero
Posts: 2,913
Joined: Oct 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Live radio performance including broken

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Alter Bridge started the whole dwelling on the past thing. If you remember, the early Stapp interviews had nothing but praise for Tremonti and co. It wasn't until after 3/4 of Alter Bridge would bash him that he started to retaliate.

I didn't blame either for starting anything, so your attempt to correct me was pointless.
Let's say AB "started it".
Is Scott just in blaming "them", for not saving him from himself?
__________________
When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ....like God must feel when he's holding a gun.

-Homer Simpson




24

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 05-19-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:04 AM   #9
Robin101
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 298
Joined: Sep 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Live radio performance including broken

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I didn't blame either for starting anything, so your attempt to correct me was pointless.
Let's say AB "started it".
Is Scott just in blaming "them", for not saving him from himself?

I have never encountered a situation in my life thus far that I couldn't handle. There will, without question, come a time when I will require the love and support of my friends.

Scott found himself in several situations he couldn't handle - a majority self inflicted, some not. At this time in his life he looked to the people he thought he could rely on to help him and they ran. Not only did they run but they kicked him when he was down. I found the early AB interviews to be both cowardly and disrespectful.

Mark, Scott and Brian (like his opinion merited any respect) could have said 'no comment' when asked about the break-up or at least replied with a bit more dignity.

Stapp seems to be in a good place in his personal life and going in the right direction so fair play to him. I can't wait for the new AB album and I wish them the best of luck too.

I've already posted this opinion in another thread but I thought his performances were excellent - especially Broken. He will never regain the voice he had in My Own Prison and Human Clay but it does seem to be getting stronger and he's using it more wisely - I think he's realized his limitations.

Take Care
__________________
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are ~ Awaken The Giant Within

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:27 AM   #10
eusebioCBR
eusebioCBR's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Shackled Hero
Posts: 2,913
Joined: Oct 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Live radio performance including broken

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I have never encountered a situation in my life thus far that I couldn't handle. There will, without question, come a time when I will require the love and support of my friends.

Scott found himself in several situations he couldn't handle - a majority self inflicted, some not. At this time in his life he looked to the people he thought he could rely on to help him and they ran. Not only did they run but they kicked him when he was down. I found the early AB interviews to be both cowardly and disrespectful.

Mark, Scott and Brian (like his opinion merited any respect) could have said 'no comment' when asked about the break-up or at least replied with a bit more dignity.

Stapp seems to be in a good place in his personal life and going in the right direction so fair play to him. I can't wait for the new AB album and I wish them the best of luck too.

I've already posted this opinion in another thread but I thought his performances were excellent - especially Broken. He will never regain the voice he had in My Own Prison and Human Clay but it does seem to be getting stronger and he's using it more wisely - I think he's realized his limitations.

Take Care

I must be too self reliant to understand or care about who he blames or why.

I CAN LIVE WITH THAT
__________________
When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ....like God must feel when he's holding a gun.

-Homer Simpson




24
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:15 AM   #11
thegodofguitar
USER INFO »
Status: Illusion
Posts: 2
Joined: May 2006
Currently: Offline
Re: Live radio performance including broken

how many times has stapp f'd up lyrics in concert??? the world may never know
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 06:22 PM   #12
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 231
Joined: Sep 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Live radio performance including broken

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I have never encountered a situation in my life thus far that I couldn't handle. There will, without question, come a time when I will require the love and support of my friends.

Scott found himself in several situations he couldn't handle - a majority self inflicted, some not. At this time in his life he looked to the people he thought he could rely on to help him and they ran. Not only did they run but they kicked him when he was down. I found the early AB interviews to be both cowardly and disrespectful.

Mark, Scott and Brian (like his opinion merited any respect) could have said 'no comment' when asked about the break-up or at least replied with a bit more dignity.

Stapp seems to be in a good place in his personal life and going in the right direction so fair play to him. I can't wait for the new AB album and I wish them the best of luck too.

I've already posted this opinion in another thread but I thought his performances were excellent - especially Broken. He will never regain the voice he had in My Own Prison and Human Clay but it does seem to be getting stronger and he's using it more wisely - I think he's realized his limitations.

Take Care

Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:52 PM   #13
George Brasil
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 30
Joined: Apr 2006
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to George Brasil Send a message via MSN to George Brasil
Re: Live radio performance including broken

His voice is amazing. We know that he never will be the Stapp of MOP/HC as Robyn said, but he´s getting better!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:44 AM   #14
metalchris25
metalchris25's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Freedom Fighter
Posts: 2,346
Joined: Apr 2006
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via Yahoo to metalchris25
Re: Live radio performance including broken

He is getting better. that much is obvious, yet he has a lot of work left to do.
__________________
Some people are like slinkys; they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:17 AM   #15
Steve
Administrator
Steve's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Prophet Man
Posts: 3,294
Joined: Dec 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Re: Live radio performance including broken

I thought My Sacrifice sounded bad. The second song was ok. The Great Divide sounded very good! Wow! Still listening now as I type...
__________________
-Steve

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I heard the album!!! Bridge of Clay Scott Stapp Talk 339 11-20-2005 11:29 AM
Scott live now on sirus radio now! INDIGOSTEVE Scott Stapp Talk 2 11-17-2005 01:13 AM
Hope Of The Broken creedsister Waxing Poetica 4 01-15-2005 02:38 PM
live today HR2004 Waxing Poetica 5 12-08-2004 09:30 PM
Broken Dove creedsister Waxing Poetica 2 05-07-2004 01:48 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.