++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-30-2007, 07:53 AM   #1801
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

September 30th

"Our world is filled with horrors."

Sometimes the answer seems to be to lock the doors and wait for all that is wrong to just go away. Unfortunately, that is no way to live. In such a horrifying time, we need to draw upon the courage of the Lord to meet the world head-on. God will instill in us the power to conquer our fears and enjoy this life as the gift it was meant to be. He will also lead us in ways that we can work together to change this world for the better.

Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law.

Psalm 119:53

Heaven

Old 09-30-2007, 01:13 PM   #1802
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) September 28th

"God's abiding gift."

The Holy Spirit is God's abiding gift, God's seal and promise. The Spirit is our assurance that what he began with Jesus' sacrificial death and our participation in it through faith and baptism, he will bring to completion. But the world cannot understand this great promise, just like it cannot understand much of Scripture, because without the Spirit, their eyes see only what they can touch with their fingers and not what is true in God's heart.

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 2:14

Heaven

GLORY TO GOD, PRAISE HIM WE DONT WAX COLD GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GLORYYYYYY,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 09-30-2007, 10:18 PM   #1803
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Our World Is Filled With Horrors

AMEN AND AMEN, and so much to DISEARN in it when you walk out in these days So much darkness and so much falsehood THATS WHY WE MUST WALK OUT IN OUR FULL ARMOUR SH**Da~ I DO MEAN ALL OF IT AND TAKE EVERYTHING WITH YA WHEN YOU GOETH your going say lord these things of confusion and cousoume my thoughts far from hope where there use to be all faith in you LORD IT AINT NOTHING COMPARED TO YA, And my root and molding and upbringing with You My GOD, GLORY The Love Of Gods Law, O How Love I Thy Law It Is My Meditation All The Day Thou Through Thy Commandments hast made me wiser than my mine enemies for they are Ever With Me I Have More Understanding Than All My Teachers For Thy Testimonies Are Thy Meditation i understand more than the ancients because i keep thy precepts i have refrained my feet from every evil way that i might keep thy word i have not departed from thy judgements for thou has taught me How Sweet Are Thy Words Unto My Taste Yea Sweeter Than Honey To My Mouth Through Thy Precepts I Get Understanding Therfore I hate Every False Way, Psalm 119, 97, 104
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 09-30-2007, 11:07 PM   #1804
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Re: Our World Is Filled With Horrors

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavensOnFire) AMEN AND AMEN, and so much to DISEARN in it when you walk out in these days So much darkness and so much falsehood THATS WHY WE MUST WALK OUT IN OUR FULL ARMOUR SH**Da~ I DO MEAN ALL OF IT AND TAKE EVERYTHING WITH YA WHEN YOU GOETH your going say lord these things of confusion and cousoume my thoughts far from hope where there use to be all faith in you LORD IT AINT NOTHING COMPARED TO YA, And my root and molding and upbringing with You My GOD, GLORY The Love Of Gods Law, O How Love I Thy Law It Is My Meditation All The Day Thou Through Thy Commandments hast made me wiser than my mine enemies for they are Ever With Me I Have More Understanding Than All My Teachers For Thy Testimonies Are Thy Meditation i understand more than the ancients because i keep thy precepts i have refrained my feet from every evil way that i might keep thy word i have not departed from thy judgements for thou has taught me How Sweet Are Thy Words Unto My Taste Yea Sweeter Than Honey To My Mouth Through Thy Precepts I Get Understanding Therfore I hate Every False Way, Psalm 119, 97, 104

That's my girl!!!

Understand me...

Blessed you are, full body armour and no fear.

AWESOME!!!

Peace,

Heaven

Old 10-01-2007, 06:45 AM   #1805
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 1st

"Rebels."

For most who can read this Internet message, the sentiments of this verse seem foreign. But among those who closely study persecution, believers in Christ are enduring perhaps the greatest amount of persecution in the history of Christianity. For those of us who live in cozy places where belief is tolerated and Christians are just considered "unhip" or a bit out of touch, we need to be thankful that our lives make enough of a distinction from our culture to be noticed, even if it's a bit unfavorably. But at the same time, we need to pray for other believers throughout the world who are undergoing the wrath of hell for the faith.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:11-12

Heaven

Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 AM   #1806
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 2nd

"True knowledge is not found in books."

Jesus amazed the learned men in the temple when He was just twelve years old. He had never received professional schooling in the history and law of the Hebrew people, and yet He displayed an incredible insight into even the most complex meanings of Holy Scripture.

God has granted us each a measure of common sense and logic. He is willing and able to instruct us in all His ways, if we will take time to contemplate His mysteries. We, too, can amaze the learned of our age by speaking forth the truth of God, which surpasses even the most complex knowledge. Like Christ, we can know more than we ought, through the guidance and counsel of God Himself.

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

Psalm 119:99

Heaven

Old 10-03-2007, 06:33 AM   #1807
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 3rd

"Focusing on Christ puts everything in perspective."

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face;
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

~Lemmel

My eyes are upon You, O God the Lord; in You I take refuge; do not leave my soul destitute.

Psalm 141:8

Heaven

Old 10-04-2007, 06:38 AM   #1808
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 4th

"Open yourself to His truth."

When we are in the presence of truth and beauty, it is undeniable. There is a cord struck within us all. That cord is the image of God in each of us. We connect with the universal rhythm that God set in time long, long ago. The result is a joy, a sensation, a feeling that defies explanation, but assures us of the reality of God.

How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Psalm 119:103

Heaven

Old 10-05-2007, 06:49 AM   #1809
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 5th

"God is always close to those who genuinely seek after him."

It is true, but the real problem is that we drift away from him, lose interest, and leave his presence. So let's seek him and receive his grace and his help while we recognize that he alone is the one who truly saves.

Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Isaiah 55:6

Heaven

Old 10-06-2007, 08:43 AM   #1810
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 6th

"Like a Rock."

When we see mountains we feel small, knowing not only how much larger they are than we are, but also how much longer they have been here than we have been. But the Lord existed long before any mountain and will exist long after it has melted into nothing. The only rock of security, and all the forevers we have, are found in him.

Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock Eternal.

Isaiah 26:4

Heaven

Old 10-07-2007, 08:51 AM   #1811
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 7th

"Addiction."

Addiction has been defined as "God-hunger directed to the wrong source of soul satisfaction." Psalm 63 reminds us this is true. Deep in us is a desire to seek after God because he is not far from us and longs to be known by us ( see Acts 17 ). But often when our soul-craving need for God is greatest, he is the last place we turn for satisfaction.

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Psalm 63:1

Heaven

Old 10-08-2007, 06:36 AM   #1812
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 8th

"God's devotion."

The shepherd will go looking for a lost sheep, no matter where it might have wandered. Regardless of ravine, cavern, raging river, steep cliff, the shepherd will endeavor to save even the scrawniest, mangiest sheep. His devotion to his flock is total and absolute.

God's devotion to us is even greater. We can never be separated from the love and care of God. No matter how far we might stray from Him, He is continually on the lookout for us, and He will rescue us from whatever our peril might be. Rest sure and secure in the love of God. He will never give you up for lost.

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek they servant; for I do not forget they commandments.

Psalm 119:176

Heaven

Old 10-09-2007, 06:49 AM   #1813
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 9th

"Our defense is in the Lord."

It is hard to be a peace-loving person these days. It seems like someone is always trying to get us stirred up. Sometimes we must take a total stand for peace no matter what may happen to us. In either case, we need the guidance and support of God in our lives. His wisdom is the only wisdom that will suffice. Our defense is in the Lord, and He will protect us in every situation.

I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.

Psalm 120:7

Heaven

Old 10-10-2007, 06:22 AM   #1814
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 10th

"Man proposes, heaven disposes."

Most of us rush to give advice and make grandiose plans. The wise man reminds us that wisdom comes from submitting to instruction for a significant period of time and then, only at the end of long listening, does it come. If you are like me, you would do much better to let your plans ripen a bit more in the light of the Lord before you launch into them.

Listen to advice and accept instruction and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

Proverbs 19:20-21

Heaven

Old 10-11-2007, 06:32 AM   #1815
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 11th

"To Serve Man"

As absurd as it seems, God is willing to wait on us, to make sure that we have all we need. The Lord of all life came to earth, and in His time, He stooped to washing His friends' feet; a job usually reserved for the lowliest of slaves. God came to earth to serve us so that we might learn how to serve others. We are to be ready to serve whenever the occasion arises. When we serve untiringly, we show the world the glory of God and make His Gospel a reality.

He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

Psalm 121:3

Heaven