++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-01-2007, 06:35 AM   #1666
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

June 1st

"You think your life is tough?"

It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking we're worse off than anyone else. When we feel sorry for ourselves, all we need do is turn to the story of Jesus' last few hours on earth. There the man who knew no sin became sin for us, so we might have eternal life. He was tripped, beaten, spit upon, and when, as His dying request, He asked for a drink to wet His lips, they put vinegar before Him instead of water. No kindness was shown the Prince of Peace, the one who had done nothing in His life to warrant such cruel mistreatment. Compared with the trial and misfortune of our Lord, we have very little to complain about. To even compare ourselves to Him is to open ourselves to shame. Christ endured torment and death upon a cross for our sakes. Now, He abides with us to help us endure every trial.

They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

Psalm 69:21

Heaven

Old 06-02-2007, 07:46 AM   #1667
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 2nd

"Patience."

Patience is not a strong virtue in the twentieth century. We are a people of instant gratification. We want what we want when we want it. We don't like to wait. Unfortunately, we worship a God of eternity who chooses to operate on His time schedule, not ours. Therefore, patience is vital. Ask the Lord for patience. You'll need it!

Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O Lord.

Psalm 70:1

Heaven

Old 06-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #1668
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 3rd

"Constructive critcism?"

Why is it so hard to endure an unjust or unfair criticism? Why do we always have to defend ourselves no matter how ridiculous the charge? Often the problems we have with others simply escalate because we do not choose to forgive and let them go on in the Lord!

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 15:1

Heaven

Old 06-04-2007, 06:22 AM   #1669
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 4th

"Adversity."

Many times we must go through adversity and hard times in order to learn and grow. The lessons we learn are invaluable, even though we would often rather learn them some other way. The Lord allows us to meet adversity because He knows we must endure it in order to be better people. He does not allow adversity because He is cruel, but because He is kind and wants the best for His children.

Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

Psalm 71:20

Heaven

Old 06-05-2007, 06:16 AM   #1670
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 5th

"A story."

A man of humble means walked along a road and encountered Jesus seated on a rock with a thin child on His lap. The man looked at Jesus, threw himself down before Him, and worshipped Him. Jesus sat, unmoved. The man praised Jesus, and still Jesus was impassive. In frustration, the man asked Jesus what was wrong. Jesus looked down to the child in His lap. The child had grown thinner and was on the verge of starving to death. The man turned away from Jesus in disgust and walked on his way.

Think about it, while we worship Jesus people are dying. Jesus holds those dying children in His arms. To come before Jesus means to come before the needy of this world. Jesus said unless you do good unto your brothers and sisters, you have not done good unto Him. We cannot expect Jesus to pay attention to us unless we're willing to pay attention to the things that matter to Him.

He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.

Psalm 72:4

Heaven

Old 06-06-2007, 06:24 AM   #1671
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 6th

"Love that surpasses knowledge."

That's very difficult to explain, but when you have loved your spouse for decades you experience what this means. When you love a child and do what you never dreamed you could do for another human being, you understand this phrase. And when you stand before God, adopted as a full heir of all his great riches, a full sibling to Jesus Christ the Lord, and know you are seen as holy, without reproach, and blameless, you begin to understand this phrase.

I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3:17-19

Heaven

Old 06-07-2007, 06:30 AM   #1672
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 7th

"Power and presence..."

So many things about our lives are uncertain. This one thing, however, is sure: no matter where, when, or how long, God will be there and will be with us.

Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2 and 4

Heaven

Old 06-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #1673
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 8th

"To be good is foreign to the majority."

Our world is upside down. We reward the wrongdoer and we chastise the righteous. To be good is equal to being somehow deficient. Words like [virtue], [purity], and [sweetness] have taken on negative connotations. The key is not to give up. The Lord will reward those who persevere in the face of persecution and frustration. God loves the pure in heart, and it is well worth it to hold on for His sake.

Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.

Psalm 73:13

Heaven

Old 06-09-2007, 06:04 AM   #1674
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 9th

"The world wants a Savior but not a Lord."

The New Testament is clear, a Savior who is not Lord is no Savior and no friend. If the Old Testament showed us anything, it is that God's seemingly bizarre laws were written not for his fascination but for his people's preservation.

Jesus said, "Wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to live, and only a few find it."

Matthew 7:13-14

Let's not only call Jesus Lord this week, let's live in a way that shows that he controls our lives and his Spirit produces our character!

Have a great weekend gang, I am going on Holiday but will return Monday...

Peace,

Heaven

Old 06-11-2007, 06:16 AM   #1675
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 11th

"Your will be done."

History tells me it has been true! Faith trusts it will be true eternally! Reverent silences, a pause in the hectic rush of our lives, reminds us that it is true today!

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psalm 46:10

Heaven

Old 06-12-2007, 06:33 AM   #1676
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 12th

"God's voice is always speaking."

His witnesses give testimony to his glory, majesty and creative grace. The universe shouts with joy because behind it's intricate beauty and power is the One who gave it life, purpose, and intention.

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.

Psalm 19:1-2

Heaven

Old 06-13-2007, 06:20 AM   #1677
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 13th

"He is ours if we ask."

Next to Jesus, the gracious sacrifice for our salvation, the greatest gift we can receive is God's abiding presence in the Holy Spirit! He is ours if we ask. In fact, when we ask, he is already there interceding for us!

If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to our children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask for him.

Luke 11:13

Heaven

Old 06-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #1678
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

AMEN AND AMEN AND AMEN, GLORY TO GOD HIS VOICE HUSHES AND RUSHES I NEVER RECALL TIME WHEN MY GOD HAD UTTLEY FOR SAKEND ME FOR HIS ANGER IS FOR A SEASON BUT HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER AND HIS VOICE WILL BREAK ALL FEARS AND BONDAGE WE HAVE A GOD WHO IS ALWAYS PRCOCLAMING VICTORY I RECALL THE TIMES WHEN I THOUGHT THE RAIN WAS POURING AND THE TRIALS MORNING DAY AND NIGHT THERE WAS NO CEASE OH GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AND WE THOGHT WE HAD IT ROUGH THEN GLORY TO GOD, BUT FOREVER SHALL THE LORD THY GOD REST WITH HIS WHO CONSTANTLY SEEK HIM HIS EVERY WAY HIS EVERY WAKEN HOUR HIS EVERY REASON GLORY TO GOD, AND LORD I CRIED OUT MY WOULD AND SHOULDAS AND COULDAS I Tell Ya What My Friends LORD A LOT OF PEOPLE LOVE HAAAAAAAAAA GLORY WHEN U CRIETH OUT TO GOD HE WILL CRY GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HIS WOULDAS AND SHOULDAS AND COULDAS, AND PLAVE YOU UP ON ROCK WHERE U CANNOT BE MOVED!!! GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

[/quote]
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 06-13-2007, 08:49 PM   #1679
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

GLORY GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WHAT WE SEE HAS A MONUTAIN GOD CALLS A MILD STONE GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Heaven

[/quote]
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 06-14-2007, 06:31 AM   #1680
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 14th

"Function over form."

God created us with different gifts. Engineers who work for the glory of God design machines that make life easier. The Lord also created artists, who make life more pleasant by creating beautiful things for the glory of God and the enjoyment of others.

When we think of art in worship, we usually think of music. But other art forms have long had a role in glorifying God. The calling of Bezalel demonstrates God’s regard for fine art ( Ex. 35:30-35 ). God commissioned him to beautify the first official place of worship: the tabernacle. God’s purpose for the arts is “to glorify God and to manifest beauty.”

[The Lord] has filled him with the Spirit of God... to design artistic works.

Exodus 35:31-32

Heaven