++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-16-2004, 10:50 AM   #31
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Why is everything AB says being dissected. This is the exact thing everyone complained about with Stapp and now you all are doing the same.

Mark & Flip have NEVER said that they were ashamed of Creed. They have always stated they were PROUD of their accomplishments and Creed is what made them what they were today.

As far as not singing Creed songs. Mark stated in an interview that they would not be doing them out of respect to the band members. He said that it wouldn't be fair to Myles to sing them and be compared to Scott and it wouldn't be fair to Scott to hear someone else singing them. He also stated that he wanted the new band and its music to stand on its own.

How is that trying to forget about Creed and his past? Being ashamed of Creed?

I don't get that feeling at all.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:40 AM   #32
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hockeymom97) Why is everything AB says being dissected. This is the exact thing everyone complained about with Stapp and now you all are doing the same.

Mark & Flip have NEVER said that they were ashamed of Creed. They have always stated they were PROUD of their accomplishments and Creed is what made them what they were today.

As far as not singing Creed songs. Mark stated in an interview that they would not be doing them out of respect to the band members. He said that it wouldn't be fair to Myles to sing them and be compared to Scott and it wouldn't be fair to Scott to hear someone else singing them. He also stated that he wanted the new band and its music to stand on its own.

How is that trying to forget about Creed and his past? Being ashamed of Creed?

I don't get that feeling at all.

I´m so happy that another person can see the reality. Thanks 1000 times.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:37 PM   #33
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hockeymom97) As far as not singing Creed songs. Mark stated in an interview that they would not be doing them out of respect to the band members. He said that it wouldn't be fair to Myles to sing them and be compared to Scott and it wouldn't be fair to Scott to hear someone else singing them. He also stated that he wanted the new band and its music to stand on its own.
What interview did Mark say these things? I've heard him say that he wouldn't be playing Creed songs, but not in that much detail.

Anyway, I don't think it's a great idea for Scott to play Creed songs just because I think it would take away from his solo efforts. However, the thought of never hearing any of those songs played live again is also very sad.

I do think, though, that it would be alot harder for AB to pull it off only because it just wouldn't sound right to hear a voice other than Scott's singing those songs. Some may disagree, but to me, the voice is what makes the difference. If Scott sings and the backing band plays the songs properly, the songs will sound the same. That's not to say that some might not be offended to see another band playing music that Mark wrote. I'm just saying that the songs would sound the same. They wouldn't with Myles singing them.

I think Scott should focus on his solo stuff. However, if he changes the music and sings songs like WAWO ... ones that he mostly had influence on, I guess it's not so bad. Like I said, I just think it's a shame to never hear such great songs sung live ever again.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:07 PM   #34
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
It was in the November issue of Metal Edge magazine. And it was Scott Phillips who said it.

I think, for us, it's not fair to Myles to come into this and make it a Creed tribute band with three members, and still do original music, and it's not fair to the fans that come to see it. Scott was definately a big part of Creed, with his voice, and I don't think it's fair to anybody, all the way around. We just want to be our own band, that's a new band, and have people specifically come to see that, not just to hear My Own Prison.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Steve : 10-16-2004 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:39 PM   #35
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Thanks Steve!
Old 10-16-2004, 04:03 PM   #36
Shadow
USER INFO »
I'm glad Scott will be singing the songs he wrote when he was part of Creed. After hearing him sing Higher and WAWO this past week, any sadness I still had about the break-up went out the window.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:08 PM   #37
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I'm glad Scott will be singing the songs he wrote when he was part of Creed. After hearing him sing Higher and WAWO this past week, any sadness I still had about the break-up went out the window.
WAWO, where did you got that one? The PBF board?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-16-2004, 04:24 PM   #38
I'mRational
USER INFO »
What I don't understand is that the same people who thought it would be wrong for AB to play Creed material are the same people who think it is alright for Stapp to do Creed material.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:18 PM   #39
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) WAWO, where did you got that one? The PBF board?
Hey Lith - it's up on the PBF board. Once again, Scott was amazing.

And just FYI - I was able to get through to Scott when he was on the radio last night on Open House Party. I asked him about playing Creed songs and his response to me bascially was - "Why shouldn't I play the songs I wrote". I agree with him 100%. He was a pleasure to speak to.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:57 PM   #40
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) This SUCKS big time!!

I just downloaded a fresh interview with him from PBF, and he said he will be playing Creed songs on his tour, which is awful!! Flip, Mark and Brian were such a big part of that band, it's not fair to them or the fans! He also played Higher live acoustic in the studio, now he did it really well, but it was still awful!! That's Mark's song Goddammit! It felt like he was playing a cover! AB have decided to never ever play a Creed song, and that is, to me, the right decision.

Very disappointing!

Why is it disappointing. Scott wrote those songs he can sing them if he wants to. AB has already said they won't do Creed songs. So that is their decision. Scott is proud of his time with Creed as well he should be. Too bad the others don't feel that way.

Quote: WAWO, where did you got that one? The PBF board?

Yep! And Scott did an awesome job!
Infant depakote

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:59 PM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Just because AB aren't playing Creed songs does NOT mean they aren't proud of what they accomplished as Creed. Please cite the source where they say they aren't proud of the music they created.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:03 PM   #42
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Just because AB aren't playing Creed songs does NOT mean they aren't proud of what they accomplished as Creed. Please cite the source where they say they aren't proud of the music they created.

Gladly:

Quote: mark answered a question about WAWO crossing the band over to pop music...mark said..."please don't remember us for that song."
________
LOVE HELP FORUM
________
Ford Lightning

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:05 PM   #43
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh please, as if that's an indictment of all of their music.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:07 PM   #44
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Oh please, as if that's an indictment of all of their music.

Didn't WAWO win them a grammy?
________
Expert Insurance
________
ST. CATHARINES COMPONENTS PLANT

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:08 PM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I don't pay much attention to the Grammys. They are pretty useless and they don't mean squat, really.