++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 AM   #1
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Reviews from Ultimate-guitar

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/revie...ide/index.html
This is just shit I feel...

And pleas, no fighting but can someone tell me why The guitarist is better then Mark? Or does everyone agree with me that Mark's better?

Personlay I agree with the second dude and the two others are just shitheads... But thats just me... You are free to think that his album rules!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Re: Reviews from Ultimate-guitar

I wouldn't call them shitheads just for having a different opinion, but I would say that they really don't know too much about guitar playing. The guitarists on TGD do a good job, but no way is either one of them better than Mark. Mark is easily one of the best guitarists in modern rock today. The GB guitarists aren't.

For those here who play guitar, have you checked out the tabs for TGD and Surround Me? Very simple tabs. With enough practice, even a beginner like me(who has been playing for maybe 6 months) could play those songs with ease. All it comes down to is rhythm. There is maybe a pull-off/hammer-on or two on those songs, but for the most part, they are really easy. Now compare that to, say, "One", "Higher" or "My Own Prison". These three songs have several pull-offs/hammer-ons, are played at a faster speed, and are much harder to play. They're more complex. I know, complexity doesn't always mean better, but I think in this case, it does. Mark can play far more complex and harder stuff(based on what I've heard) than the GB guys can. Probably explains why they did such an awful job with "Higher" at the Nascar awards.

As for the rest of the review, I don't have a problem with it. I think the vocals on this album are good(but not as good as the HC/MOP days) and I think the lyrics are good as well(but not as good as the stuff on HC/MOP).

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:43 AM   #3
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

No, I must say I agree with the second dude...

Yeah... I just checked them out and man are they simple! I mean they pretty much just goes with D and Bm... Both of them! And yeah... Complexity doesn't always mean better, but in this case, just as you said, it does... No I don't think it's that good lyrics... I think they basically suck... Some parts are good, but mostly they suck, IMO.

That's my opinion, saying it's 10/10 or 9.7/10 is just crap for me! But hey, that's their opinion
Old 12-23-2005, 12:08 AM   #4
Rune
USER INFO »

and then compare the goneblind guitar riffs to something like One Day Remains or Find the Real, and that's nuff said right there
Old 12-23-2005, 11:34 AM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »

I agree. But I do have to compliment GB. They do have some cool riffs on the TGD CD, though(not as good as Mark's, of course). I really enjoy their guitar work on "Let Me Go", in particular. I used to not like that song, but it has grown on me, mainly because of their work on it.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-23-2005, 04:40 PM   #6
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Hey, GB may be good... But their comparing the guitarist to MArk! Come on!
Old 12-23-2005, 05:15 PM   #7
The Lithium
USER INFO »

GB is an okay band. I have heard a few of "their own songs". And they pretty much suck. But they do sound good on TGD. But that review is just from another fan. It's nothing to get upset about. Although the guy who wrote that is a total jerk!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-23-2005, 06:13 PM   #8
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

He he he :P
You said "jerk" :P
Old 12-23-2005, 06:17 PM   #9
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Swedish translation of "jerk":

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lexin svensk-engelskt lexikon) Engelskt uppslagsord
jerk

Svensk översättning
(amerikansk engelska, slang) drummel, tokstolle, tönt (substantiv)

What's so funny 'bout that? Are you thinking of "Jerking off"?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-24-2005, 08:04 AM   #10
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki

I agree with pretty much all what you said.
I submitted my own review
Old 12-24-2005, 02:43 PM   #11
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

As a guitar player myself I feel I need to give my imput.

On all three creed albums, a majority of what mark played was very straightforward and fairly simple. Just read the tab books to all three albums and 90% of the meterial is bar chords on dropped d tunning. However, there are moments like the intro to what if and one last breath where it does get tricky. It's not until you see mark after shows or just practicing when you really see his almost or nearly virtuoso skill. What i'm trying to say without coming off as a arrogant jagoff is that during the time when the three creed albums were realesed mark was in between a lead and a rythym guitarist, or as how he decribed himself back then. Still though, mark has a incredeble rythym abilitie to create the flush, glimmering melodies he creates. It's not until now when he's really taking on to a lead guitarist.

However, I will say after listening to clips of all the songs on stapps album I do give those guys credentials as being guitarists that get the job done. All they are doing is playing what stapp and wind-up want them to produce. Comparing them to tremonti? Well not laugable, but inevitable. Remeber stapp was to mark tremonti as to layne stayley was to jerry cantrell. Those guitarists are in the place of what is now nearly a guitar god and so major stapp fans will think nothing of it major tremonti fans will feel kinda...should I say off centered. I'm not trying to speak for everybody but just My personal opioion.